Share your Veeky Forumserary confessions. I'll promise not to make fun of you, pleb-kun

Share your Veeky Forumserary confessions. I'll promise not to make fun of you, pleb-kun.

sometimes if i'm slowing down while reading, i tap my feet to a 4/4 time signature and begin singing the passages until my speed picks up. surprisingly you retain quite a lot while doing this and it wakes me up a little too. i don't think anyone else does it though t b h

I haven't read a book in almost 2 years.

I read furry books.

Why are you here, user? Do you want to take up reading casually again but haven't quite made the leap forward? I don't understand why people who don't read visit here, I'd imagine it'd be pretty boring.

i think she wants my dick, lads

Whenever I finish a book, I make sure to update my progress on Goodreads with the edition with the most pages so I can inflate my Goodreads stats. If you take my reading progress literally, then yes I am reading an Arabic edition of Hamlet.

Fire and Fury is really good

should be 5/4 so you can pick up on the natural iambic pentameter rhythms of good prose.

one hundred years of solitude fucking sucked

yukio mishima in a nutshell: waa waa i'm so japanese i hate foreigners now i'll describe the beauty of the ugliness of this tree's dying leaves and i'll compare it to an old woman's lactating breasts i'm not gay btw

Confederacy of Dunces probably is actually cursed

my copy of Brave New World came with literal 3d glasses and i don't know why

Veeky Forums needs to show more love to Jean Cocteau's writing

This. Reads like a political dark comedy. Don't know how much of it is legitimately true and how much of it is inflated to cause controversy, but it's genuinely exciting to read.

You guys always discuss the same shit.
I used to read a lot user, but I burned up/didn't have the time.
I always browse Veeky Forums because it is a pretty cosy board and I can't abandon a friendly form. I sometimes find books to include in my backlog as well.

jordan peterson isn't wrong

I hope you find the time again to read if you're interested in it (you must be interested if you continue coming here, right?). I don't blame you visiting for the cosy atmosphere, Veeky Forums is one of my favourite boards because of it, despite the hostility and shitposting. When you find a good thread where genuine discussion is thriving (even if it is the "same shit" as you say), it's a lot of fun to participate (sometimes I pop into threads to watch the discussion if it's a book I haven't read - it encourages me to read the book but I know I can't contribute much until I have read it).

Sucy best gril

I am already reading bits of philosophy from the books I have, I want to make a big comeback and start with the greeks since I never really read much philosophy before.
I gave up because I couldn't get the Zhuangzhi I was trying to read. I put it down and swore to become smarter through research and life experience first.

I was that teenager who self-proclaimed themselves as well-read because I read Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas and because I tried to read Naked Lunch that one time.

Makes me wince whenever I think of that time.

The Martian was OK

what about animorphs

I don't get why people like Kant so much. I cant understand shit about what he says. People are fucking lying when they say "Kant is easy".

Holy shit is this real? Omg, how come I never saw that before?

>I put it down and swore to become smarter through research and life experience first.
Don't make these promises, user.

It worked though.

My favorite Mark Twain book is "Recollections of Joan of Arc".

please at least tell me you didn't just start with Kants for the bants

What do you mean "by the bants" ? My english is rusty at best.
I started Kant because I legit needed to read. It was a hole in my philosophical reads and literature habits and I was going with a head that it would be easy and smart.
Fucking Jesus, I couden't be more wrong.

"for the bants" is just basically starting with Kant because others mentioned him.

Did you start with the Greeks and then slowly develop your philosophical understanding with later works? Just diving into a well-renowned philosopher's writings without any prior understanding is bound to fuck you to shit, mate.

Kant's not difficult if you've got a wealth of philosophical understanding gained by reading much earlier works.

Got it the other day, not had chance to read it yet. Definitely want to read it this year though, don't know how relevant the accounts in the book will be in a year's time.

>Did you start with the Greeks and then slowly develop your philosophical understanding with later works?
I didn't started with the greeks, but I have read them before Kant. My beef with Kant is that the translation with I tryed to read had so hard words I just couden't go on.

> tfw I was the guy who used to name drop things I had read briefly in a book to seem smarter

what kind of evil human being would do that

Eventually you realise you're in a group of people like that because they don't fit in elsewhere. It's shocking when you recognise it in yourself because you see everyone else doing it by recollecting something "intellectual" and then they continue on with vague descriptions of said thing. I used to get such a hard on thinking that I knew what existentialism was. Someone asking me what my favourite books were would be met with a reply of "existentialist novels, mostly" and just that.

It's embarrassing to think about now dude

>the Ape Channel

All I know about philosophy comes from Wikipedia articles and Youtube videos.
Nuh uh. Akko is best cause she tries real hard and never gives up.

Every single story I attempt to write in some way ends up being about a boy and his mechanical dog.

have you made the same confession before because I recognize it