Veeky Forums memes that piss you off

>"none of your paperbacks have extremely visible creases and don't look like they're about to fall apart? Ha you pseud I bet you've never read any of the books on your shelf! Everybody knows after one reading a paperback gets creased to hell and is about to fall apart"
You should honestly kill yourself if you've ever attempted to call someone out because they don't autistically fold their book in half multiple times at every page turn to give the semblance of a well read book.

Other urls found in this thread:

english.txstate.edu/cohen_p/irish/O'Brien.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

english.txstate.edu/cohen_p/irish/O'Brien.html

i'm concerned that Veeky Forums's penchant for meme trilogies, having now spread like a virus to my natural habitat of /sffg/, is turning one of my favourite authors (gene "not a meme" wolfe) into a meme.

tbqh anyone with strong opinions of any kind about books, the physical object.

> implying it's not more autistic to give a shit about how your books look, getting self-conscious and nervous about trying to make a book last forever or getting this upset at the idea that someone might be criticising you

OP, you're the autist.

What is the gene wolfe meme trilogy, user

Pepe the frog. I wish people got banned for posting it like people did for My Little Pony back in 2013. It's probably more cancerous than bronies were.

I don't like that meme where we pretend to like the tiger poem.

I don't give a shit about how my books look. It just pisses me off when I go into shelf threads and see comments like this:
>no spine cracks
>pseud I bet you never even read them!
Why? Why comment that?

he doesn't have one, but his botns is usually included in nominations of the /sffg/ meme trilogy as one part of the trilogy.

for reference, the original meme trilogy is infinite jest, ulysses and gravity's rainbow

They're probably right if those comments piss you off so much. To make such an effort to make sure there isn't any cracks in your books is immensely autistic.

no i know the original meme trilogy, but i just thought from your post gene wolfe had one too. what are the other books in the /sffg/ meme trilogy? I don't visit those threads. Is it lord of the rings and some Philip K Dick or something?

> pretend

I actually don't think people are pretending that much about that one. Some will be exaggerating praise for it but it's a genuinely sweet poem which reminds people of overcoming an obstacle and it's surprisingly written by a young kid.

Paperbacks don't get spinecracks after reading the book a few times. I bought a copy of Underworld second hand. It had no spinecracks when I bought it and after I read it, it still had none. Unless you fold your book in half like a woman, your paperbacks will hardly show any wear after reading it a few times. Fuck you for perpetuating the "paperbacks dissolve after one read" meme.

Getting antsy about the physical quality of books in general.

>pretend
its the most full of energy shit ive ever read. maybe ive read on par or better, but never so succintly. its a masterpiece.

That's what you get for posting in those self masturbatory threads in the first place

> Fuck you for perpetuating the "paperbacks dissolve after one read" meme.

I never fucking said that, you dumb cunt.

It genuinely comes down to the publisher and their spines. Golliancz, Vintage and Oxford (depending on the size of the book) have good spines. Penguin, larger Oxford editions, etc have spines that require very little pressure to crease. You don't literally need to fold the book in half and they'll still show some sign of creasing. It's inevitable depending on the size of the book and the spine.

The fact you're so pissy about all of this shows you're a fucking retard. Nobody gives a shit enough about the quality of your spines or not. Who gives a fuck if they're creased or not, as long as you know you've read them then it shouldn't fucking matter, but the fact you're so pissy about people making such comments seems to imply that you don't actually read your books.

Go eat a bag of dicks, faggot.

I don't post in them. Never have; never will. I just browse them to get recs based on other people's shelves. See what they read and see if it interests me.

Maybe if you read your books rather than collected them...

I'm the same way op i always wonder hoe these retards hold their books

Not liking the tiger poem is tellings of a hypocritical mind, since the poem itself is pretty nice and has a very humane message, disregarding that it was written by a literal kid. Of course it isn't a masterpiece.