Read ______, user! it will change your life!

>read ______, user! it will change your life!

>_____ doesn't change life

how often does this happen to you?

Never.

Books won't change your life. Only you can do that.

Butterfly, good to see that you're still around. I'm lurking again for the first time in years and the first thing I see is you. Will you marry me?

always

I don't have any friends at all, much less pseud friends who try to dump their pseud book recommendations on me at every turn
Long story short, it doesn't happen to me
I imagine this is a late teen/early twenties phenomenon, which doesn't plague those of us who are adults

thanks peterson -_-

Can we please stop allowing tripfags to derail threads just by being here? Butters has quality posts at times, why make a response only dealing with her when she is technically adding to the discussion of the thread?
Siddhartha was a nice read that put into better words things I already knew. Having expectations grand as those will always lead in disappointment. People who speak like that are lying to you anyway or exaggerating at the least.

Every book I read changes my life

My bad. I saw her other post where she called the Bible bad. I don't want to marry her anymore. What was I thinking?

Only ever have one book suggested to me by a non prole, pic related. spent a good month or two scouring local bookstores till I found a copy. Can't make heads or tails of it. Gonna give it another go though, soon.

Is there really not enough room on 4chin servers for a little chit-chat every once in a while?

Someone even told me to chill a moment ago.

This book legitimately changed my life

fuck u

>people that recommend books that they like, instead of books that they think you will like
Ignore them!
Thankfully I have some friends that sometimes drop books that fit me, or are related to something I'm currently interested in.

Were you posting on fa years ago, or am i retarded?

There was once a Veeky Forums theme /lesgen/ you might have seen, no?
Nearly nil time spent in Veeky Forums

Then where the fuck do I remember you from many years ago? ic?

[s4s] had a tablefly.

I haven't taken this name outside Veeky Forums except for a short stint in /lesgen/ and a smattering of /gif/ posting.

Never because no one recommends me books.

Read Angel of Repose

Will it change my life?

it's only happened a few times, and not in those exact words
the only book I can remember being told I "have to read" was 1984, both before and after I read it-- I can see why people like it, but all the political stuff fucking beats you over the head
STALIN IS A BASTARD, DO YOU SEE? DEMAGOGUERY IS BAD, DO YOU GET IT? FASCISM CAN COME FROM A LOT OF THINGS, ALL RIGHT? AND BY THE WAY PEOPLE ARE LAZY, DUMB, AND SHITTY, REMEMBER THAT!
I get it Orwell holy shit, I'd rather hear more about Winslow, not your stupid stilted world