Goodreads cringe thread

You know the drill.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/list/show/4882.The_Great_Classics_You_Have_Not_Read_Yet
goodreads.com/review/show/538616457?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Love is creepy either way.

Most of the bad reviews of Book of the New Sun. In fact there are legitimate criticisms, but most of the times on GR it's just complaining

not goodreads but close enough

Crime and Punishment one star
I confess my crime that I never actually finished this book. For some odd reason, I got fascinated by Nietzsche in my first year, and that led to Dostoevsky. Basically, I just found the book terribly boring and deleterious (Dostoevsky loves this word doesn't he?) and I couldn't care any less about the main character. And I knew exactly how the book was going to end, so I couldn't bring myself to finish it.
I don't find his reasoning justifiable and the conclusion concerning atheism and rationality is just abhorrent. Absolutely hate the idea we need an all-powerful man in the sky to have a sense of right or wrong. I think that's a very immature argument that I wouldn't even waste my time debating. But Christian fundies will love it, they sure will.

>Chad finally decides to give her attention
>"HAVE SEX WITH ME NOW!!!"

>IT IS NOT ROMANTIC TO OBSESS ABOUT HER FOR FIFTY YEARS

You think it's inconsistent for her to not want to be raped but to want sex with someone she likes? How retarded are you?

It doesn't count as rape if she finds the rapist attractive. Of course.

I fucking hate this soyboy

lmao

Tips fedora

he's right though.

also true

How can someone who reads be so bad at writing?

I think you made up that review, but still, wouldn't be too surprised if it was real

> this is what happens when children grow up on gay Dumbledore and black Hermione

>> this is what happens when children grow up on gay Dumbledore and black Hermione
>/pol/ thinks books retroactively infect children with leftist ideologies

link:goodreads.com/list/show/4882.The_Great_Classics_You_Have_Not_Read_Yet

That's just American stupidity in general, not necessarily the stupidity of reviewers of books on the internet.

>NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

god i don't know what it is about americans but they always fucking write this way. i guess it's the new version of being masculine where writing is always FULL STOP. or incredibly emotional and dramatic about all the issues. just calm the fuck down and think things through. even people writing for the times come off like teenage girls.

It's judt the good old memey way of writing that infiltrated popular culture through memetic osmosis.

I unironically consider "eurocentric" to be one of the the highest compliments.

yeah but why did it gain so much traction as a meme in the first place? people like to sound like authorities? almost makes me think of like military generals commanding troops. 'TEN HUT. STAND IN FORMATION. LEFT RIGHT LEFT. LEFT RIGHT LEFT.'

confusing pop culture for genuine political movements makes sense but i always wonder how the culture becomes 'pop' to begin with.

he's only right because this is a review for a popular website where people are going to hold you accountable for having opinions. the rules that apply to popular discourse don't necessary apply to the private moments between a man and a woman.

this is what i like about houellebecq. he says shit like 'NO MEANS NO' is how all the ugly sexless people participate in what they can't have. he's obviously wrong/exaggerating but there's something in the provocation worth digging out. like you can ask any man and he'll tell you that lots of women he's been with express desire to be chased, to be submissive, to be convinced into sex, etc. and it's not like it's so easy to square those experiences with 'NO MEANS NO'. but that's what these stupid people try to do with the hashtag campaigns.

Most of them are teenage girls, or soyboys. This is how they communicate in real life. For some reason, they carry over their braindead speech patterns into their writing.

I had a college course with a 25-year old man who wrote almost exactly like this.

they obviously do or a vast majority of people who haven’t outgrown harry pooper wouldn’t be militant leftists

heh

>g*rman idealism
gtfo

This canNOT be a review of the Divine Comedy...

>the world just cannot be analysed!!
BWAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA

kant? you're still alive?

>radical obscurantism
>ugly proto-fascist
>neologistic fantasism
>uses words like these and doesn't know what phenomenology means

WEW lad

Just pull up a Manny review. I hate seeing his reviews on so many goddamn books.

Fucking hate this swiss otaku. I also hate the other guy who reads like 1000 books a year and yet has a picture of himself with a family. Some yank can't remember his name

Dude fuck this faggot.

This guy is absolutely terrible and I see him way too often on like every SF novel. I'd say most of the reviews on classic SF books really embodies the worst of millennial internet stereotypes. Chock full of predictable attitudes, at least they're not posting so many Tumblr gifs though.

Dunno about Manny's, but Paul Bryant's reviews are cringe reduced to its epitome.
goodreads.com/review/show/538616457?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1

That first review starts out so strong and then gets progressively more retarded with every word after the first sentence. How in the fuck do people like that even get their hands on Hegel?

I LOVE YOU MANNY!

is manny a pseud?

>that first review
I can get that he's a shitty writer, but holy fucking shit

>PHENOMENAL Arrogance
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooly

This actually sounds a lot like Veeky Forums
>Thread shitposting on DFW, eventually poster reveals he didn't finish it because his own experience with depression wasn't like DFWs
>thread on the Gita, post dismissing others after having read 3 pages
>GR reading group sputtered out and died after 200 pages
>literally any other thread