What will you be reading for Valentines day?

What will you be reading for Valentines day?

Commentaries on the Gallic War

Under the Volcano

I'll be writing absurdist/psychedelic haikai, in a café in the center of moscow, hungover as Christ and high out of my mind.

Maybe a bit of Mandiargues for inspiration now and then.

true patrician detected
>tfw no yvonne gf

>mfw people still read this

Pseudiest post I've read in a while

even translated it's fucking beautiful

Much love, user. Have a great Saint-Valentine's.

The rime of the ancient mariner

My diary desu.

i am going to ask out this qt girl in one of my classes because i'm pretty sure she's single and she'll be vulnerable and i can turn it into this whole ironic subversion of valentines day when in reality i actually unironically adore her

If you wanna subvert v-day then do it on the 13th or 15th

I won't have finished the book by tomorrow, so Lolita. By coincidence, of course.

I'm on the last section of the book.

My man Otto Weininger
>No men who really think deeply about women retain a high opinion of them; men either despise women or they have never thought seriously about them.

Literally Plato's Symposium. Seems appropriate since it's a debate on what love is. Socrates and Aristophanes' speeches are great but Socrates pulls a dick move by pointing out the flaws in Agathon's speech.

Have a facsimile copy of the original release of Yeats' Tower, and while reading the query remembered (somehow) that it first hit bookshelves Valentine's Day 1928. Perhaps I'll look back over that.

What do you think of it?

Yoga of Power
Gonna reach desire liberation soon and then I'll have no need of a gf ;)

Norwegian Wood

The blurbs on the packaging of various strap-ons.

The cum ropes on my gf’s face.

Dubliners
I'm loving it, it's in the line between comfy and anguish, even though the stories are really anguish and sad, the ambient as a whole looks really comfy (irish pubs, parks, first half of 20th century houses)
It's a great collection, evem better with coffee and cigarettes, a great start to Joycean literature

>the #1 new your times bestseller

Tbh Joyce is all downhill from Dubliners. I like Portrait and Ulysses, and Finnegans wake is objectively his best work, but nothing hit me quite as intimately as Dubliners did.

I'm doing the Joyce root (D-P-U-F) and god I'm loving it
I really love his prose, even on Finnegan's Wake i find it fascinating

That's the joke, user

Valentine's Day is a scam. If any girl gets fed up that you didn't "show your love on this designated day then youre a bad person" should be instantly broken up with. Why do I need a specific day to show my appreciation and love for you? I do that pretty much every day when I gave you foot massages and watched your shitty reality tv shows.

fuck you Chloe

Try In a German Pension by Katherine Mansfeld next.

Good lord, dude. Valentine's Day has been rather bogus 10 years running for me but this year I find myself participating and find it rather fun. Kind of cool that Ash Wednesday coincides with it for the first time in over 70 years (ww2 was still going on the last time this happened) and that at least offers a few twist opportunities to the common theme, etc. (which I've fully exploited). Also Easter and April Fool's occur together this year which if nothing else is kind of interesting too. Perhaps I'll pick up a copy of Love Among the Ruins (Robert Clark) from my local library and read that tomorrow.

>Shrove Tuesday
dammit, I forgot to make pancakes!

But anyone who pays 7.99 for a piece of cardboard to prove their love is the hallmark of a fool

That's why (you) make it yourself, user.

The Valentine's Day entries in Pepys Diary are worth checking out. In his day the first person of the opposite sex one saw after waking was one's Valentine for the entire year. This resulted in everyone's getting up early and attempting to throw oneself in the path of the one one wanted to be one's Valentine. [We] call this stalking today, of course- but it's nice to know that in former times there was a day in which it was not only admitted, but expected.
>in b4 But I'm gay!

Notes From the Underground
am I an underground man?

I'll be on a date with a Veeky Forums qt, so I won't have time to read.

Roald Dahl - Going Solo no pun intended

On valentines day I got a letter from a girl who sits in front of me during math class. I've been crushing over her for months, my heart is beating so hard, as my fingers open up the heart decorated seal.

hey ur kind of cute!

will you be my valentine?

*pass it to chad behind you

Hope you like ice cream

My suicide note.

don't forget to actually commit suicide

Letters on the Aesthetic Education of Man

My girlfriend's texts in the morning, then some Spengler as I get a blowjob in the evening

Romantic

The same thing I've been reading all week, A Theologico-Political Treatise by Spinoza

Celebrating holidays is for plebes and people with friends and family who love them

A little bit of this and then going out to have an orgy with my comrades.

The note is actually from last year's Valentine's day.
And yes; I did forget
>Third time's the charm

Swann's Way, gotta finish it before i start my next job