HOLY SH*T

HOLY SH*T

i cant believe i lived until today without this thing. i can tell im going to read a F*CK LOT. already started, minutes ago, with Bukowski's Women.

Do you own an e-reader, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

fbreader.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kindle Keyboard is still going strong, eight years and a thousand books on

Got a paperwhite a month ago and I feel the same way. I've been reading so much more now that I can get books for free.

Is there an non-playstore app for Android that allows me to read books for free? Thanks in advance.

If you are reading time-passing fiction, it’s fine, but if you are actually trying to unlock the secrets of being by winnowing out the gold in scholarly works you’ll have trouble finding anything of value in the kindle store, or even ripped files online for that matter.

I've been reading on my phone. The Kindle app is surprisingly good. I know it's not quite the same as an eink display but I still like that it's portable, so I can indulge in anarchist propaganda whenever I'm slacking off at work.

Its the same text though

I've been using my iphone 4 jailbroken with stanza to read. uploading ripped books to it using calibre over wifi. I like using an iphone because f.lux auto reduces the white light out so its better to read at night in bed. But recently jailbroke my old iphone5s with ios7.1. Having to relearn which apps to use. can't seem to find the stanza app. Is there a way to use the kindle app on iphone to read ripped ebooks?

That's what libraries are for.

that's my favorite sculptor user, thank you for showing me something beautiful

Just get UB reader. It is in playstore but is the best e-reader out there. Literally been reading with it since like 3 or 4 years. The note system, highlight and stuff are pretty neat

I don't really understand your question. Any reader app will support file types like .epub, .mobi, or .azw, but you have to get the files on your own.... there is no 'Pandora for books', if that's what you mean. It's just like your local music. Once you have the files, it doesn't matter if you're using iTunes, Winamp, or whatever.
So buy/acquire the files you want, and use Calibre to manage your library and load books onto your device. There are a ton of different free reader apps, just try them out.

That doesn't look like a Kindle Oasis.
By the way, does anyone else unreasonably feel dissatisfied with their Oasis in favor of the Paperwhite?

Why not just download books in epub from libgen directly from your phone and open them in iBooks?

Not him, but I like uploading from Calibre because I can clean up less than perfect books, add metadata,etc before I tranfer. I also like to make my own omnibus files for some series.

Yeah it’s called my iPhone

checkin' them trips. yeah i've got a massive physical library and a kindle. i use the kindle on the elliptical at the gym. reading summa.

You guys are all doing ebook piracy wrong

1) Download kindle app and connect it to your Amazon account

2) go to kindle app setting and figure out what kindle email they gave you (every one should have one)

3) send an email with a .mobi attached of whatever book you want

4) said book is now stored in your Amazon account cloud storage and any device in which you download the kindle app will have it available.

I just sent blood meridian to my Amazon kindle email and can now access it on my iPhone, iPad, and PC. Plus it updates the pages for me when I read on one to another

fbreader.org/

>tfw I downloaded the entire works of Descartes, Hume, Kant, etc. for 99 cents.

o yea, totes nothing here to see folks

This is a valid and convenient method if you have multiple devices that you read on.
I only use my Kindle because I prefer e-ink, it's just easier on the eyes and the battery lasts forever. I prefer to keep my Kindle in airplane mode though, because I don't want forced firmware updates, and I don't really do the whole cloud thing. I'd rather just keep my files locally.

Do any of these ereaders block blue light and allow you to read at night without straining your eyes? I also like dark red text on a beige background. Do any of them support that?

I have an old Paperwhite 2.
I once jailbroke it and installed an alternative reader app which rendered PDFs quite well and had support for djvu and epub too. And night mode. But then it got erased after an automatic update.
Along with libgen, I can almost always get the book I want. But some Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums books are available only as PDFs and they don't render well on it.
Should I get a Kobo? Have heard they are /comfy/
Or a newer Kindle?

Wow... Mind sharing that?

i got a kindle back in 2010, never touched a paper book since, never paid for a book either. best purchase of my life.

Yeah, got a kobo last year and just lately noticed how useful it is for reading compared to everything else I own. Nice trips.

same. the first time I powered my first kindle on, I cried

bump

>Buys ereader
>Reads 2 sentences
>Stops reading
>Posts on Veeky Forums about their ereader

Just fucking read you troglodyte

Best purchase I’ve ever made. Absolutely invaluable

Ayy lmao, this was one of the first books I read on my ereader too which was my best spent money ever spent.

Sharing what? The Calibre library? It's 10 gigs.

Is that a Kobo or a Kindle?

Is that a Kobo or a Kindle?

Hey fren do you have a nonpdf copy of Defiance?