Veeky Forumserary confessions thread. Confess your sins

Veeky Forumserary confessions thread. Confess your sins.

I got aroused by descriptions of Hedwig in V.
All of them.

I don't read books by women and niggers

That feel when Ive had to read Their Eyes were Watching God for a class.

Fire and Fury is really good

> missing out on Wuthering Heights, Pimp, Miles Davis' autobiography, Middlemarch, To The Lighthouse, Jane Eyre, Petals of Blood, etc just because of your bigoted view of black people and women

You're literally missing out, user. I'm not one who gives a shit about diversity but some black people and women have actually written good works.

I popped a boner once or twice during all the sex Slothrop had in France in Gravity's Rainbow

Whenever I finish a book, I make sure to update my progress on Goodreads with the edition with the most pages so I can inflate my Goodreads stats. If you take my reading progress literally, then yes I am reading an Arabic edition of Hamlet.

that's partly why I don't read this, they tried to force so much feminist anti-racist garbage in school it was disgusting
I have never seen a works by a woman or an afr*can that was not about or from the sole perspective of femininity or race. Now, that's fair enough for women because it's only their nature but neither of these perspectives are of use or interest to the White Aryan Man. I have no regrets about "missing out" on these topics, though I concede that women can write excellent children's books.

Do read Wuthering Heights to be honest. It s not even very feminine (it s actually quite brutal)

Not him , I've heard of it, what's it about?

Wuthering Heights is genuinely unsettling reading and if you genuinely believe that women and black people can't write, I think Wuthering Heights would make you reconsider regarding the female perspective. It's a brutal, cold, unsettling book where most people have ulterior motives and achieve them through psychological manipulation and passive aggressive actions. It's thrilling, user.

Also Miles Davis' autobiography offers a lot more insight than you would imagine. Yes, he was a jazz musician who came from a poor background, but his insight into faith, loyalty, family and addiction are genuinely harrowing that, despite your racist views, user, I think you would find quite engaging.

Neither book takes a feminist perspective or even a particularly politically-correct one (Miles Davis would've been anti-SJW snowflake). They're worthwhile reading and it'd be a shame for you to miss out on good literature just because of somebody's gender or race. Nobody's making a reading list of anti-dead-white-male authors here. Just some friendly suggestions.

I absolutely love Passion by Winterson. I read it twice in a single day.

Not the user you responded to, but without giving much away:
Lockwood, a rich visitor to Wuthering Heights is considering renting a nearby home from the landlord Heathcliffe, a callous man who is haunted by his memories of Catherine, a girl he grew up with
> Lockwood meets Ellen, a housekeeper at Thrushcross Grange, the home he considers renting, and she details why Heathcliffe is the way he is - there's a love story in there regarding Heathcliffe and Catherine but it's so drenched in malice and hatred for anything else that blooms that really you're just rooting for them to both drop dead

There's a lot of subtlety in the book that is actually quite fun to pick up on, like the unsaid resentments can be felt more powerfully than the harsh words said.

I constantly find excuses not to start my novel, the first of which is that English is not my native language and that I don't want to write in my own, French.

It's the female affinity toward such things as psychological manipulation and passive aggressive actions which are so dirty, and everything seems to come back to female sexuality.

I read 19 books in 2016 and 25 books in 2017.

I think you're stretching, user. I don't believe you actually believe this and that you're just saying it to be contrarian so I'm out. All the best, user.

Jane Austen > Charles Dickens

bad > Charles Dickens

there are no more than a dozen books of fiction actually worth reading

Which dozen books are worth reading in your opinion?

i don't read

I haven't read an entire book in years

when i was 15 i would browse the erotica section at chapters (like your barnes n noble) to find juicy bits and read them in store. in hindsight, i hope i gave the employees a good laugh when they saw me trying to be all inconspicuous in the one aisle it's impossible to blend in as an awkward pimply faced sandnigger

I browse /r9k/

I started with the Greeks but gave up to hit on girls on dating apps in my free time.

Kek

I enjoy reading depictions of rape.

>not reading James Baldwin

t. former /pol/ack who now legit feels pity for my former self, and people like you now

Christ shut the fuck up

I read Thomas Sowell back when i was still a /pol/ack.

You're a high-school junior, at the oldest

I once jizzed in a copy of Roll of Thunder hear my Cry.
The girl in front of me was leaning forward with her elbows on the desk and her skirt rode up.
Her ass was slightly exposed and Im a big virgin so it was the best I was gonna get.
Had to get a replacement copy of the book for class though.
Totally worth it.

the Chad virgin

What converted you?

You sound like a fag
t. /pol/ack with 'black' friend

read Giovanni's Room, it'll do you good.

Kinda the same still not a big fan of blacks overall but definitely feel pity for them but not in the white guilt way. More why were they cursed to being so retarded way.

I buy a ton of books to pretend I'm an intellectual but every time they just collect dust because I have the attention span of a goldfish

>pitying me for not liking africans
is this an American thing?

same. for me, I left /pol/ around the time of the election when things got really bad. It got so reddity that I couldn't stay there. I was in the very first "kek" thread, and I remember thinking, "If this continues I can't stay here"

>tfw hard to find good 20th century homo authors that were great writers and not pedos
Seems like Mishima and Baldwin are the minority against the boy loving beat generation and Gide.
Need good book recs for non pedos.

this

crying?

Perhaps. I guess I was more fixated on the authors themselves than the books. My main mistake.

Mishima was not a homosexual you disgusting catamite

No you.

Correct, I am not a homosexual you hideous twink

I'm too /fitlit/ to be a twink though.

ryu murakami's audition and in the miso soup gave me shameful boners i didn't know i wanted.

You're in the minority, faggot. Best of luck moving out of your mother's basement.

Many people are like you.

im a lit phd at a top-10 worldwide uni

i've never read Homer

read Homer, dude, he's a blast

in vrchat all i do is pick a short avatar and then look up the skirts of anime women to see their panties, i also have trouble sticking to a book after i've read the intro if it has one

I have more fun playing Deus Ex and thinking about Philip K Dick stories and imagining them taking place in the video game than I do actually reading them.

i've tried. and it's extremely rewarding sometimes. Odysseus negotiating with Achilles at his encampment after the Trojans drive back the Achaeans at the first battle and Agammenon gets desperate for help--probably one of the most beautiful things i've read. The fury and passion of Achilles in rejecting the terms of Agammenon's offer, that's that honor and glory i'm always hearing about that you can only find in Homer, and i've definitely never encountered it outside of that text.

but damn man i can't stay with it. I'm just not a fan of verse, it takes a stamina that i haven't developed.

There are prose editions if the verse gets a bit too dry for you (I know people might be a little snobbish regarding those editions but they're not lesser editions by any measure as long as the translator isn't shit). The Iliad does feel a bit sluggish at the beginning, but if you stick it out to the very end, it's one of the most devastating yet rewarding reads you'll have. Definitely worth the effort.

Memes are awful.

Frogposters are worse than bronies.

Want to Walden the fuck outta here.

>Want to Walden the fuck outta here.
this but unironically

actually would if I had any of the needed skills (including finding a place to do that). sort of want to do it right now and taking long to learn those skills totally demotivates me.

ended up renting a cheap place on a cheap city while I decide what to do with myself instead

I thought poetry was a fucking meme until I was 18 or so. No one ever explained to me that it was supposed to be felt not understood, and that it focused on the subliminal aspect of language. I smugly proclaimed it was nothing more than "intentionally jumbled up words" more than once.

that really isn't comforting in the slightest

Attention span is something you have to develop, many people have trouble focusing for long periods of time because our modern culture has evolved to entertainment in short bursts. Memes, tweets, shitposts on a nepalese tea leaf reading website, they're all low-effort media. You need to build your attention span back up, start by reading a page or whatever you manage, then over time try to push that number up.

As an aside, I think the younger generation are fucked. I've seen some that can't even focus through a marvel movie, which is pretty much as brainless as you can get. How are those people possibly going to succeed in areas that require prolonged, intense focus. I study math, and it can take me half an hour to read a single page in a paper, I don't see someone whose currently 13 being able to do that a decade from now.

This. I know new parents get pissy when you talk about how they shouldn't give their kids phones and tablets to use, but really they shouldn't. When most online media is centred around instant gratification and the shorter the burst, the better, you need to encourage developing minds to focus on something more extra-curricular and productive. Reading, writing, creating, programming, exercise, etc.

Plus, the added concern of kids using tablets and phones should come from how easy it is for kids to spend their parents money on "free" games and to be manipulated by uncomfortable pregnant elsa peeing on hulk videos. As someone who is about to become an uncle, this shit really worries me.

I've never read any Shakespeare outside of school

What did you read in school?

Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth and A Midsummer Night's Dream

I enjoy genre fiction sometimes.
I'm even writing genre fiction right now.

Fuck you. Tell me where to see how many pages I read. I can't figure out that shitty website.

just add Hamlet then and you are good2go

There is no single author from which I've read more than one book.

I tried to read Zarathustra when I was 16, but I was to much of a brainlet and droped it half way and now I'm afraid of trying again and finding that I am still that dumb

It's not an easy book user, anyone who claims it is probably a pseud who didn't really understand it

this is objectively the best version

i cant into poetry

I enjoy reading really shitty fiction I choose at random from the second hand book store.

Not if you're going to be rude on this christian board

Made me grin

I feel this.

The frogposting annoys me because the running memes into the ground thing is what reddit does and i thought we were better than that

>muh sekrit club

Veeky Forums is mainstream as fuck now m8

I have friends who still assume Veeky Forums is a dark and scary place where hackers and CP are found.

I know you, you're the guy who was best friends with the retarded kid in elementary school

Baldwin is a god tbqh.

Nah its just that everyday is fur friday now t b h its better this way

GORILLA. CHANNEL

I'm pretty sure that's not actually in the book.

I liked Originals by Malcolm Gladwell, despite it being a pseud pop-soc book.

I haven't written a page of the novel I want to write I keep fantasizing about books that I want to write after it.

I actually laughed when romeo and juliet died

I laughed at platos symposium because the idea of socrates being a big drunk bitch in the end is golden

i'll ask again (it's probably the same person who posts this image errytime, but) does anyone have a high-res picture of this painting?

Do you think /pol/ posters care if their information is factual?

>implying that Fire and Fury isn't complete SELF ADMITTED fiction

I don't care about your fucking meme book, it could be the word of god and you'd dismiss it if it was mean to daddy

You don't even know who I am or what i believe in. You just have the all too common psychological splitting problem that almost everyone "interested" in politics has

I haven't read the Greeks, Shakespeare, or much of anything pre-20th century.

Miles' autobiography has been sitting on my shelf for a few years now. Is it worth reading?

Haramlet?