Tfw no matter how much philosophy I read I'm still just a 110 IQ brainlet

>tfw no matter how much philosophy I read I'm still just a 110 IQ brainlet

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4504914/
suicideproject.org/2010/08/proof-that-the-more-intelligent-you-are-the-more-likely-you-are-to-commit-suicide/
thecrimson.com/column/who-what-and-wyatt/article/2013/2/22/Wyatt-depression/
infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/09/flynn-on-flynn-effect.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah well at least your max reading speed isn't 15 pages an hour

wisdom =/= intelligence

What's the point of being wise when you're so unintelligent you're practically worthless?

I’m too afraid to actually take an IQ test

Just estimate it by your general functioning.

Philosophy is just for people of significantly above average intelligence to try to alleviate their existential suffering. Don’t feel bad. You’re the lucky one.

But mine is

Wow never thought of it like that. Alright thanks I'm gonna watch football and have a beer with my friends than fuck my hot wife. Thank G-d I'm not THAT intelligent.

Human intelligence is suffering.

this but unironically

Is that why depression and suicide is more correlated with lower IQ? It's simple. The more intelligent you are, the easier and better your life is. If you're unintelligent, you just have to accept you will likely never be worth much or do something meaningful or impressive until the day you die, because you just have no potential and your intelligence can't be improved.

Just do what everyone else here did. Read the questions of an online test, don't answer them because they are too stupid and count them as correct.

>120 on some cheap web based test

I'm probably an 100 subhuman.

>durrr you can’t improve IQ
Mensafags would have you believe otherwise of course, seeing as how their big ol’ brains are the only “””accomplishment””” they have in life.

This book, which is the most reliable source of information on the subject currently, says that intelligence is 85% genetic and hasn't shown capacity for improve regardless of various interventions.

Does it often dip down to 6 pages an hour when reading fairly simple literary fiction?

tell me what this means OP. some faggot wrote this here a long time ago, i saved it and still to this day dont get it. am i as stupid as you?

"A Lone Soul; Rebel Internally. Disparagement of ones own soul; Cries of justice resound out beyond your being. Desire is overwhelming, yet achievements will never come to fruition for the cries of your heart are too shallow; The Void of intent is gravely misshapen and contorted; Vast Darkness and disparity negates the hope of man. Where man fails, Man too makes amends, Which precipitates failure, and amends make more failure; Cyclical despair. Chaotic reprieval persistently waiting. It waits. As the mind waits. The primal instinct of the mind is predatory; So patient and hostile. Rebel against the flesh, but first be at odds with the soul. Manipulative regression to the inherent satiation of sickness in the core of the being of self.

Rebel, Rebel. The entirety of the world is lying in wait. Deceptive Powers would alter your disposition, but not against your will. your own Will deceives your self. Lie not in wait to be taken. For all things lie in wait for you to make way. All In Due Time. The Passion of Faith perpetuates rebellion. And for those that would deprive themselves of authority, do not bother looking for one to lead. You are lost to all; Self is no more. The whole of man is deprived, and those that take authority carry The Light to lead; They are Those Deprived Of Faith.

Power, Power, Force; Forgo greater heights. There is no union of thought were truth is usurped and knowledge is relinquished, for the acquisition of value is not inherent in the value of acquiring what is necessary. Necessity, as perfection, is a glimpse of Masochism For even in times of great need, suffering is present; To suffer doubt is the languishment of Life. But what life can be when the lowest of the low are held in high regard, and the Proud are self righteous? The life is a lie. Forfeit self sovereignty and become whole. There is no Ideal. Rebel."

That's some Stephen Dedalus shit.

110 isn't bad. You'll probably never win a Nobel prize. It will be near impossible for you to get something like a PhD in physics. If those are what you are after then I am sorry. Otherwise you can do anything else.

This is entirely untrue. Suicide is not a result of low iq. What's especially strange is that I had always heard the opposite, never heard this before.

Sources:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4504914/

suicideproject.org/2010/08/proof-that-the-more-intelligent-you-are-the-more-likely-you-are-to-commit-suicide/

thecrimson.com/column/who-what-and-wyatt/article/2013/2/22/Wyatt-depression/

>dads math phd
>moms literal dumb bimbo
idk that means for me

Google "psychology" and read the first few articles that come up. You'll learn something. Jesus Christ read a book once in a while.

Honestly, probably puts you slightly above average by pure genetics. To actually calculate you would need the z scores of each. It would be easier to just take an individual test.

but what does it MEAN!? and who is Stephen Daedalus? should i know?

I'm confused. If intelligence is measured by IQ scores, and the average IQ in most countries is rising by 3 points per decade (according to the Flynn effect), how can one claim that it's all/mostly genetic? It would seem that enviroment has a huge impact, given how the average IQ has gone up by ~15 points in the last generation, and 30 points in the last century.

Worthless to whom? For what? What do you want from intelligence? Praise? Value by your peers? A degree? Why hinge your happiness on the opinions of others or cheap societal trophies?
It's all admirable in some sense, but ultimately folly. Intelligence might determine how you are appreciated as an instrument to your society, but wisdom is what we will appreciate about ourselves.

Don't know what it means, that's why I said it's some Stephen Dedalus shit because I never know what that cunt is rambling on about.

>110
Why bother with the extra 10 lol?

What if you can only read 10 pages an hour?

Stop wasting time reading philosophy then. Seriously. It's not the end all be all. Study math for fun instead. Go read fiction of your choice.

The book focuses mostly on the g-factor. IQ is actually a kind of proxy for g.

infoproc.blogspot.com/2007/09/flynn-on-flynn-effect.html

People should read this blog. Hsu covers the issue of IQ comprehensively and is friends with Haier.

>Tfw IQ nearing 140
>landed on 145 last time
>tfw am an increidbly depressed POS who hides his intelligence all the time
>tfw I only want to write and hang out with my gf
>tfw all my life I acted like a persona around people to make them life
>tfw act like an idiot all the time to keep thing ok
>tfw everyone just thinks I'm crazy

It's usually best not to think about it.
I'll end up homeless anyway.

laugh**
things**

I'm not sure if i'm 2smart or not but i basically don't relate to most people and only think about abstract things most of the time which makes me feel alienated from normies.

could be autistic

eh i doubt that. I don't have any of the symptoms. My guess is that i escape in a world of abstract theorizing to avoid negative feelings and personal issues. I'm strongly disassociated.

High IQ is hell. Even more so when you're anything but Asian/White.
Native Canadian boy here, from a family of apes who care about booze and yelling, I managed to be a genetic anomaly. Boom, right there, off the bat, a life destined to be misunderstood and lonely. I tested at 157 last time.
School was relentlessly easy. The other "smart" kids were nothing more than apes who learned a cute, little trick, and did said trick whenever instructed by the puffy-faced faculty.
The little "cliques" disgusted me. The school's built-in social structure disgusted me--the French Immersion and AP programs--which one could see was nothing more than a test to see whose parents did their homework before, the ones who felt the need to richen their future flock with certificates of a useless nature; since, for the love of Christ, you lean absolutely nothing of value on public schools.

My classes in university are atrocious with the soviet tactics. I'm smarter than all my professors. It hurts. I feel so alone. My entire world is a delusion I see through. I cope by treating everything as a joke... which at this point, I am really beginning to believe.

>I'm smarter than all my professors.
Stop. Even if your neuronal network works better, you know less than them. Take the opportunity and learn. And stop being a dick.

Knowledge doesn't equal base intelligence. I'm saying that I can acquire skills faster, and with less strain on my energy, than they.

How many pages do you usually read an hour?

I can tell now that you are not so smart.

If you were seriously tested for 157 show proof, otherwise we'll asssume you did it on an online site and it's meaningless.
Because desu senpai you sound like a stupid fedora tipper

People like you make me upset. I scored very well on the iq test as well. You're not miserable because of your Iq. You didn't see through the illusion of life. You have a gift.

You're only miserable because you are a cancer to the people around you. Try being a decent person, and value something other than knowledge.

Bullshit
You can improve your result in IQ tests just by studying for them. I would know because I've done it.

Depends on the material.
I'm reading Dead Souls right now at a rate of about 50 pages an hour. Although since I have a burgeoning interest in writing my own fiction, I've been taking longer to note the consonance of passages, the poetic flow, metre, melody, and annotating while doing so.
Sometimes it takes weeks to read a book. Sometimes a day. I read Oscar Wao in about an afternoon. It took me two days to read The Lost Scrapbook.

Also depends on my mood... since I am a moody little motherfucker. Listening to white noise really deadens to chatter in my head while I try to read.

>be me
>homeless at 14
>be me at 22
>NEET on education neetbux who volunteers regularly because I derive immense enjoyment talking to people of ill-refute than the academic boohoos all day
>literally offer my editing and tutoring services to native children in remote reserves over the internet

How do I become a decent person then? Is this another game I have to play?