I would unironically commit a murder in order to bring back Ernst Jünger to life and become his disciple

I would unironically commit a murder in order to bring back Ernst Jünger to life and become his disciple

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0Ju5HFoD20U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you find a way, I'd like to join you.

Glad to see there are like minded
Today while reading one his books I started to daydream about being the guy take takes care of his house in exchange for his priceless teachings

as long as its unironically

no shit I would do that with a bunch of writers. Who needs some pleb if you can have a conversation with one of the greats

Who would you bring back?

He's the source of my motivation in life.

What if the condition was that once he taught you everything you had to murder him?

What Jünger would you prefer? Soldier, Worker, Waldganger, or Anarch?

Imagine being Ernst Junger in 2018 and having to be all like "damn, /pol/, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your plebeian populism and horrific crypto-nazi NEET shitposting. I would totally identify as one of you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fight another world war in his coffin. Like seriously imagine having to be Junger and not only sit in that grave while /pol/ flaunts its disgusting politics all over you, the favorable anonymity barely concealing the acne and morbid obesity, and just sit there, post after post, thread after thread, while they perfected that ideology. Not only having to tolerate its monstrous fucking visage but its haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch its mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of LARPing you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blonde beasts and Prussian junkers and later alleged July 20 plot conspirators for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Heidelberg. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled trap stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in her "Western (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with gaudy romantic painting threads in the previous months. And then OP calls for another "redpilled literature" thread, and you know you could kill every single person on this board before the janitors could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking dead. You're not going to lose your salvation over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

I'm interested in hearing more about your opinions on art.
Is it true that he became a peacefreak later in life?

All of them

What do you mean with peacefreak?

I might agree to that. It would be up to him

its a copypasta

>needing their teacher and mentor to be alive
>Not being able to channel a writer's character through their works: "what would Jünger say?"
>Not becoming the master

Oh I can do that. But wouldn't it be wonderful to have him by your side?

WHat are you guys favorite works of his? i've only read storm of steel, want more

What can one learn from him?

Make sure to read the Creighton version of Storm of Steel. There are good audiobooks of it. Also his other WW1 works, like Copse 125 are OK.

Also: On Pain, War as Inner Experience, The Worker, Zeitmauer, Forest Passage, Drugs and Ecstasy.

he wouldnt like you doing it and wuld tell you off before flying back to heven again

Eumeswil, Glass Bees, On Marble Cliffs

>not mentioning Heliopolis

Wut

His books are fucking hard to find mane

Yes!

Aladdin’s Problem is out of print
The Peace is out of print
On the Marble Cliffs is out of print
African Diversions is out of print
Copse 125 is out of print

Good thing I can read French

Even the Italian translations which apparently are several are hard to find(exception for In Stahlgewittern and Waldgänger). A few days ago I bought the only copy left(and presumably the obly one to have ever been there) of Glass Bees and the section with his books was completely identical to how it was some months ago. Nobody knows him. I wonder if it's a good or a bad sign

The man is such a rich untapped vein. I have to believe he will be discovered.

I am buttressed in this expectation by his multi-faceted corpus spanning some fifty books.

You've got war accounts, you've got meditations on the transformative power of technology, you've got philosophical musings on individual sovereignty in oppressive times, you've got letters, novels, treatises, etc. etc., and all of it written while history was swiftly shifting.

This sort of breadth appeals to the intellectual, or am I wrong?
I just hope see an explosion of interest during our life-times.

The thing is he has quite a negative reputation. I don't see him gaining any popularity, even among "intellectuals"

I am watching this interview
It's long but it's worth it
youtu.be/0Ju5HFoD20U

Dostoevsky for the irony factor and because I unironically love his work and biography