We all know who was the greatest president of USA and who was the greatest emperor of Holy Roman Empire...

We all know who was the greatest president of USA and who was the greatest emperor of Holy Roman Empire. But who was the greatest ruler in the history of Africa ruler?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p16LHUxEyJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ian Smith

Gadafi. But he's not really African is he

In recent history? Probably Menelik II of Ethiopia.

Fought off the Italians, began modernisation efforts, centralised a large part of the bureaucracy and tax code, tried to maintain something of a stable inheritance.

Not extremely impressive, but it's Africa after all.

KAGAME
A
G
A
M
E

mansa musa

Ahkanaten

I'm guessing you mean Black Africans.

Piye

Conquered Egypt, reinvigorated the declining country for a while, though he couldn't stop the inevitable.

Probably Jesus. Technically born in Asia but he did spend time in Egypt as a youth. Later went on to become King of the Jews and conquer death being one of a select few to be resurrected after death.

Why the fuck are you comparing countries to a continent

Anyway

Afonso I of Kongo
Menelik II of Ethiopia
Ian Khama, President of Botswana is pretty great by modern standards
Shaka Zulu until he want crazy
Askia the Great of Songhai
Yaa Asantewaa of Ghana was pretty based

Ramesses II

Chaka
That fucker hated everyone

Haile Selassie.

>the best leader in Africa and most prosperous African country wasn't African

B-but we wuz k-kingz!!!

Genocidaire

WE

Memes aside tho: Ian Smith, Menelik II
At least both were already mentioned

gamal abdel nasser

Cecil Rhodes

>Jesus was a sub-saharan congoloid
please stop this meme

North Africa is as African as Israel is Asian

>north africa is not african
>africa is not africa

The one and only

I don't know much about African history, I just know a little about chaka, and that is very little.
How did he go crazy? What happened? Wasn't he rekking everyone's one's shit during his time?

youtube.com/watch?v=p16LHUxEyJo

North Africa is not black in the same way Iraq is not Chinese, would have been better, you idiot.

>After the death of his mother, who he loved almost to the point of worship, Shaka ordered that no crops should be planted during the following year of national mourning, no milk (the basis of the Zulu diet at the time) was to be used, and any woman who became pregnant was to be killed along with her husband. At least 7,000 people who were deemed to be insufficiently grief-stricken were executed, although the killing was not restricted to humans: cows were slaughtered so that their calves would know what losing a mother felt like.
He was assassinated shortly after

That is batshit crazy.
Is there a reason he did this?
Was he always this stupid? Because he was really shooting hinself in the foot there.
What little I knew about him was that he was a smart strategist and rekt the British with his formations and new spears.
Was that bullshit too?

Amazing intelligence goes unstable more catastrophically.

>The son of an impoverished Bedouin goat herder
How does that not make him african?

Thomas Sankara

Gadaffi.
His assassination was one of the worst thing to happen so far in this century, just like Saddam's assassination.

REKT

Ian Smith

Hutu monkey pls go

^

side question: on a list of leaders, does mandela end up in the middle or the bottom of leaders?

The GOAT

Probably in the top half. Look at what's happened to SA since he stepped down. It took a hit after apartheid but it's ridiculous now.

Of course he is? You now Africa is called that because the Roman Province of Afri? Than was called that because the Lybian tribe of the Afri?
Fucking USA education I swear.

General Butt Naked.

Originally only North Africa was called Africa you dumb Amerilard

He's something of an oddity. While he was active as a young man, he would have ranked very low indeed (he wanted to introduce Maoism to Africa, which would have been disastrous) but after his years of imprisonment, something changed in him and he became a deeply compassionate and just man, who didn't take revenge when he became president but rather tried to heal the deep wounds of his country. He didn't really succeed, not least because his wife was a sociopath, but his "final score" is very high, up there as the best of the best African leaders.

>He's not African
He's North African. The word African has become synonymous with black, it has actually marginalized North Africans. In other words, "fuck you faggot he's an African."

So who was the best US President and who was the best Holy Roman Emperor?

Subsaharans aren't real Africans if anything.

It's ironic because African comes from the name of a North African tribe.

Ramses ii

>Africa means black.
Perhaps in in the USA.

Mobutu obviously

>Ancient
Rameses II

>Medieval
Mansa Musa

>Modern
Seretse Khama

>Meme
Francisco Macias Nguema

>Mansa Musa.
Apart of wrecking the stability of the middle east for 5 to ten years and having a fucktone of gold like a Saudi has oil, what was so good about this guy? Tumbuktu was a trade hub before and after him , the true boom in the scholarship were after him etc.

first post best post

Please name another notable African leader during that time period

>The word African has become synonymous with black
America pls

Kony 2012

I can name Mao but I can't name Chinas current leader.

See the problem with notability meaning success?

This guy gets it

Xi Jinping you ignorant shit

>when you don't read the post but you want to type critical opinions anyway

Yusuf ibn Tashfin for example, re-conqueror of Muslim Iberia and North Africa with the Almorabit movement, founder of Marrekesh etc. Abdullah al-Mahdi Billah, founder of the Fatimid dinasty. And Saladin, tough Kurd and Iraqi in origin was the ruler of Egypt and founder of the Abyssid dinasty and has plenty of press in the Western World as a virtuos prince.

*Abyssid.
Ayyubid, fuck sakes sorry for that.

Genseric

Thomas Sankara, Nasser, Manga Moussa, Nelson Mandela, etc..

Emperor Wewûz of the Kangz Dynasty.

Ian smith had bqckasswards policies.