What happened to the Capital Reading Group? Didn't even make it past chapter 1

What happened to the Capital Reading Group? Didn't even make it past chapter 1.
Is this the best Veeky Forums patricians can do?

Bump

You're dealing with retarded Americans who will have their worldviews challenged. Why even bother?

Yeah, we have such a bad worldview that we rule that world. Let's challenge our worldview to murder 100 million people :) Faggot

>actually reading capital

Exhibit A.

>Europoors still cant grasp theyre basically irrelevant in 2k18

Lmao

The same thing that happened to Anti-Oedipus and FW: it didn't go anywhere. I myself have proposed a recurring thread for Habermas but I'm just not up to it yet.

Actually about Capital that may be premature. There do seem to be two or three determined anons, but I'd imagine if it goes anywhere it'll be irregular posting. People have lives to lead. I do like the idea but personally I'd want to have read at least Smith first, and probably relevant bits of Ricardo.

bump. im still down. was re-reading chap 1 as discussion was supposed to start

I bet they cast the book into fire
where it belongs

it was a collective failure of the entire council

Was Marx a nigger? He looks less white than Frederic Douglass

I feel like Capital isn't the best place to start if you really want to understand Marx. If you want to do a Marxist reading group it's probably best to start with "On the Jewish Question," "Critique of the Gotha Program," "Wage Labour and Capital," maybe the "18th Brumaire" before diving into Capital

fucking yankee british built the world not you

corollary: did being a darky mongrel influence Marx's thinking?

That wasn't a real reading group.

Have a go at this one next, it's a thick tome and quite difficult to get through but you'll be awake when you're done.

t. Tumblr bitch who thinks shes smart

>tries communism related reading group
>does not work in real life

Yibbida yibbida

Exhibit B.

all that toxic hair dye must be poisoning your brain babe

I'm working on it, man. Had a tooth pulled Monday so everything's gone by the wayside a bit.

OP of the reading group here, basically what some of these anons said, There were only like 2-3 of us and the rest was just arguing about if "communism had states" and more discussion about things outside the book. And I couldn't be here enough to keep the thread alive, then it felt like i was spamming the board by making threads. Maybe the discord idea isn't too bad but ultimately, it's about getting truly committed anons which i doubt there will be more than 3. Anons are either reading some other book that they can't/wont stop for Capital, and life gets in the way. Im willing to reboot it but i want another user to make the OP image, i feel like mines are too autistic and unappealing to get others to join.

>patrician
>reading marx
pick none and kill yourself

You sound very smart. Care to enlighten us?

How is that "outside" of the book? If the most base premise, that private property currently exists, than the whole book is incorrect. It's just 5k pages of worthless shit that got a third of the world enslaved.

>muh 7000 gorillion
>what do you mean capitalism kills much more than that every year? gommie bullshit X-D

lol tard

>How is that "outside" of the book?
we were supposed to be discussing the book, 2 anons were were arguing about shit that wasn't relevant at the time, they were arguing for over 2 days. We were supposed to be talking about commodities and value and shit like that, and we'd occasionally get the random shit post. The group was going nowhere fast. Then there was that pseud who kept saying "communists should be culled like this thread"

Said like a Marxist.

I was the one that said commies should be culled. And they should be. When bad ideas get in someone's head, it's like an incurable disease, they should be put down for their own sake and the safety of others.

This. Let's not let the tankies ITT distract from the fact that Das Kapital is objectively a useless and tiresome read.

what are good ideas?

>The same thing that happened to Anti-Oedipus
Isn't there a pretty active Discord channel, still?

too boring; didn't read

Ideas that are true...