I want to get into political philosophy and economics but don't know which literature I should start with...

I want to get into political philosophy and economics but don't know which literature I should start with. Can you help out a brainlet, would you?
Pic unrelated

Politeia by Plato + Politics by Aristotle, maybe some Thukydides. Some of the Realists: Machiavell + Hobbes. Some of the Idealists: Kant + Grotius. Hop over to some Marx + Engels and if youre interested in international relations: Morgenthau, Keohane, Wendt, Waltz

The Vision of the Anointed and The Quest for Cosmic Justice by Thomas Sowell are both great to consider, even if you disagree with them. They cover a wide range of economic and philosophical arguments in a way that is too politically incorrect to be taught in schools today. Reading those will give you a solid foundation of conservative thought and policy.

Apology, Crito, Republic, Laws - Plato
Nicomanchean Ethics, Politics - Aristotle
History of the Pelloponnesean war - Thucydides
On Obligations, The Laws, The Republic - Cicero
City of God - St Augustine
Summa Theologica (part II) - Aquinas
The Prince, Discourses on Livy - Machiavelli
Leviathan - Hobbes
Theologico-Political Treatise - Spinoza
Discourses on the Origin of Inequality, Discourses on Political Economy, The Social Contract - Rousseau
Reflections on the Revolution in France - Burke
Considerations on France - Maistre
The Spirit of the Laws - Montesquieu
On Liberty - Mill
Two Treatise on Government - Locke
Democracy in America - Tocqueville
Elements of the Philosophy of Right - Hegel
The Concept of the Political - Schmitt

>Sowell
read some actual philosophy

Start with the Bible

Economics:
Economic History - Robert L. Heilbroner and/or Man’s Worldly Goods: The Story of The Wealth of Nations - Leo Huberman; Then:
Economics Samuelson (Almost an encyclopedia, so it may take some time)

Politics:
A Very Short Introduction to Political Philosophy;
A Very Short Introduction to Politics;
Both by Oxford University Press.
Both obviously very short readings.

The "Very Short Introduction" collection has books on economy too(and almost anything else), but I haven't read it so I can't recommend.

The Concept of the Political - Carl Schmitt
The Prince - Machiavellii (tho not necessarialy political philosophy, it is a book that you make you understand a bit about the political mindset)
Wealthy of Nations - Adam Smith
On Liberty - Mill
Das Kapital, Communist Manifesto, German Ideology - Karl Marx & Friederich Engels
Human Action - Mises
Max Weber
Imperialism - Lenin
Rights of Man - Thomas Paine
Left and Right - Norberto Bobbio
Politics - Aristotle
At least one book about general teory of the state. You need to understand the evolution and workings of the modern state
General Theory of Law and State - Hans Kelsen (a bit of law will make you have a better grasp on state working)
The Spirit of the Laws - Montesquieu
Two Treatise on Government - Locke
Leviathan - Hobbes
Republic - Plato
City of God - St Augustine
Summa Theologica (part II) - Aquinas
The Book of Five Rings - Musashi (my friend suggestion, study the historical context)
Commentarys on the War on Gauls, Commentarys on the Civil War - Julius Cesar
History of the Pelloponnesean war - Thucydides
World Order, Diplomacy - Henry Kissinger

Also, goes check general philosophy, you can't avoid the philosophical ideas from bleeding into the political action.

>The Book of the Five Rings

this is all right wing shit you fucking autist, he wants to know how to get into political philosophy not be mind controlled into wanting to be an Nrx trap

>Mill, Locke, Cicero, Montesquieu, Tocqueville, Rousseau
>Right wing
what did he mean by this?

Read The Ego and its Own first just to make sure you don't read other political "philosophy" unironically.

Althoghout a combat manual, according to my friend, its good to read to get a understanding of histórica contexto.

>I want to get into political philosophy
Do you want to understand the political philosophy of many different viewpoints with the goal of forming your own viewpoint from that material, do you have a viewpoint and want to know how to critique others, or do you want to understand it to just understand alternative perspectives and viewpoints?
>economics
Similar to the first question, what you study will depend greatly on your axioms, such as whether production is good in itself, whether satisfying needs should come before other things, etc.
>Can you help out a brainlet, would you?
I read a lot of different authors when I was younger with various political/economic viewpoints. My suggestion is to think about the topics yourself, your morality, the basis on which you believe what you believe, and to come to your own conclusions. If you just want to be given the right answers read mundusmillennialis.com and aryanism.net

Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith might be a good one to start with.

>If you just want to be given the right answers read mundusmillennialis.com and aryanism.net

‘Conservative Political Philosophy’

Leo Strauss - ‘What is Political Philosophy?’, ‘Natural Right and History’, ‘The City and Man’

Plato - ‘The Republic’, Gorgias, Euthyphro

Aristotle - Politics, Ethics

Nietzsche - The Gay Science, Beyond Good and Evil, The Genealogy of Morals

‘Liberal Political Philosophy’

Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan

John Locke - The Second Treatise of Givernment, An Essay Concerning Human Understandig

Rousseau- The First and Second Discourses, The Social Contract

Hegel - Philosophy of Right

Kojeve - Introduction to the reading of Hegel

Only good answer for economics ITT.

J. S. Mill has been mentioned for his political philosophy. Fine. He had an economics work too, though.

In addition, people have been mentioning Plato's Republic. This is a must-read. In addition to The Social Contract.

For economics, see pic related. Welcome to one of the only studies which is sufficiently grounded in philosophy at first, and then slowly becomes increasingly mathematical as time goes on.

>Hegel
>Liberal

Listen, you are a fucking retard, okay?

Lol. Okay user.

Bump