Is maturing as a reader, and at the same time becoming an intellectual...

Is maturing as a reader, and at the same time becoming an intellectual, the act of stopping reading fiction of any degree?

No

Nope

No

>try to read nonfiction
>get bored and read fiction instead

true intellectuals just hoot and holler at the moon or, if it's occulted, the nearest bright lit source

No. You just have a delusion.

Whew, almost bingoed

now how many did you not check out of shame?

jesus fucking christ you had to ruin my night

Incredibly stupid notion, you've got a long way to go

That's a meme you (gifted) idiots

not quite there

those traits have nothing to do with being "gifted," and have everything to do with being a clinical narcissistic

get it? it's like bait! then they go in, and get fucking told

and i really hoped that i was gifted :(

Walking on eggshell

What do I win

An extremely sad and unfulfilling life.

I should start drinking, taking drugs and engaging in risky behaviors then

my grade school had a gifted program. one or two times a month we would go to a different building and be taught by a different teacher about tons of thinks like M. C. Escher, ants, and adaptability of humans. Sometimes we would go on field trips to nearby battlefields, art museums or nature reserves (this was in a suburb outside of philly). I thought I was special but slowly began getting paranoid it was some sort of special ed. Still not sure what to think of it to this day.

This whole image equals to being shot with a shotgun in the neck.

>non existent motivation
>risk taking behaviour

How? Non motivated risks..

Moving from an elementary school where I was bored to tears to one with a gifted program was a godsend. Being around stupid people in middle and high school gave me an inflated sense of self-worth that led to the complete destruction of my self-esteem when I realized I wasted my formulative years

Here's another Dank Meme for you all.
It's a chart featuring every week of your life that you can check off as they go by. Your entire life is on this piece of paper!

hurry the fuck up and do something

Hey I was in a special ed class because I couldn’t speak when I was young, it’s all good

>""""""""gifted""""""""
>""""""""""brilliant but lazy""""""""""
>still failing to grasp the basic distinction between actuality and potentiality - i.e. if it isn't actual it isn't there

Loving Every Laugh

Why the fuck is it so big long

> implying I can’t outlive this graph

I'm going to bed

well, given what we eat, and the amount of petroleum products everywhere, you're probs gonna get cancer real young.

feels good man

Maturing as a reader is having read so many classics that any new ficition just repeats ideas youre already familiar with. It becomes bingo very much like the theme of this thread.

Used to have many of these, but not anymore. Tbh you cant have any of these after 18.

>you cant have any of these after 18.

lmao you'd be surprised

fucking retards, ALMOST ALL OF THESE WILL APPLY TO EVERYONE AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIVES.

Basically the opposite, refusing to read non-fiction because you think that's mature is prime pleb Com Sci major.

A mature reader is one who no longer enjoys reading, finding all existing literature beneath him.

not everyone is as shitty as you, user

lmao