Are there any authors or books on gender, sex, feminism, etc...

Are there any authors or books on gender, sex, feminism, etc. who incorporate a deep understanding of male status anxiety and its relation to male sexuality and its role in misogyny, etc.?

>who incorporate a deep understanding of male status anxiety and its relation to male sexuality and its role in misogyny, etc.?

The only person who I've seen point this out is Jordan Peterson.

Are there any authors or books on gender, sex, science, etc. who incorporate a deep understanding of TV trends and their relation to female behavior and its role in society?

The Mechanical Bride

Madame Bovary is pretty old and doesn´t talk about tvs but its basically the same thing

Lol this is perfect

Please don't

You know it's funny how feminists talk about cultural shaping of masculinity when so much of femininity is constructed by artificial fashion trends.

Idk the Bible now fuck off

i think jordan peterson has too basic of an understanding and what he says doesnt really line up completely with what i've seen in real life

I can think of a few books which play with the concept in order to add weight to the tragedy, but none which specifically discuss it.
The topic seems to be a sort of taboo, where both sexes see the mention of it as a form of complaining rather than analysis. Best of luck

Unironically The Will to Change by bell hooks (as long as you can suppress any knee-jerk reactions to terms like "patriarchy" that at this point have become common feminist jargon)

Fuck this picture makes me mad. How come this thindicked cuck can grow a beard and I'm stuck looking like a scrot?

Better no beard than that beard

why the fuck would you want to read that?

Why would you waste your life reading feminist gender shit?

Depends on the feminists, but they definitely also comment on the artificially of aspects of femininity

Virgine Despentes, King Kong Theory.

Contemporary feminism is nothing but a lifestyle brand and a way to drill the workforce into compliant utility maximizers and middle management apparatchiks.

We are not living in a golden age of liberated hedonism, both women and men are having less and worse sex. We are trapped in a paranoid atomizing wasteland were nothing is certain and the platitudes of the heralds of sex positivity and managerial capitalist progress ring increasingly hollow

RW Connell literally wrote the book on masculinity. It's called... Masculinities.

Pretty much every major feminist work deals with this, user.

SOYOBOYO

you think feminists dont talk about this?? lmao

angela nagle

shes actually not bad

The Great Gatsby is partially about this. You'd know this if you weren't underageb& and graduated from high school.
/pol/posters should be gassed.

I'm anti feminist and anti 'queer theory' out of mostly aesthetic reasons, as I am convinced such ideologies can only lead to the total demeaning of the world and a homogenized totalitarian consumer hell. Soon it will be illegal not to clap after the latest 'inclusive' capeshit blockbuster. Late capitalism replaces the crucifix with a snivelling pink haired genderblob but preserves the same fundamental message, that is slave morality and domination through guilt.

>We are not living in a golden age of liberated hedonism, both women and men are having less and worse sex. We are trapped in a paranoid atomizing wasteland were nothing is certain and the platitudes of the heralds of sex positivity and managerial capitalist progress ring increasingly hollow

well probably that's cause most guys who have attempted it have been primarily complaining, so i dont really have an issue with it being viewed that way. but i wanna learn more about it

i actually didn't graduate from high school, but i'm not a /pol/ poster. i really don't even post on Veeky Forums at all often.

i will have to check it out. i don't really have any issue with the term 'patriarchy' since i can readily observe stuff in everyday life that could very reasonably be described as such, but i'm not really sure what feminists in general mean by the term or what specific thinkers use it to mean, so i will have to see this book

I see no reason to support feminism, since it's all about promoting atomized hedonism, baby killing and furthering the selfish interests of the middle management bitch class.

Don't be retarded

See above

The Sorrows of Young Werther
Pride and Prejudice
Middlemarch
Notes From Underground
lots n' lots