Was it autism?

was it autism?

Autists seduce women?

if they're rich and good looking, yeah

No, it was Byron.

Great fucking book, OP, one of my absolute favorites. Since having read it I've only been seduced two times by sexy lady smugglers.

>Le Byronic hero in a world that doesn't need a Byronic hero anymore

So Lermontov goes and writes a novel about this empty guy going around fucking with people for no reason and starting duels and fucking up peoples lives. And what does Lermontov do after that, he starts fucking with some guy irl for a no-good reason, duels him and dies. Does anyone have some additional info on his death because I don't understand why the guy wrote a book like this and then died like that.\

Also the insult that got him his last duel was calling someone something like 'a mountain robber with a short knife'

Write what you know

FUCK I FORGOT TO TAKE MY ZOLOFT THIS MORNING

Where do I start with Byron?

Don joo-awn

>784 pages
is it really worth it?

Probably this, but he wasn't the only one who caused problems to himself. Aristocracy disliked him and had their fingers in his killing.

I rarely see Childe Harold mentioned, even though it was the only Byron we analyzed in school (not anglo). It's much shorter, a narrative but very lyrical poem about a depressed, byronic character traveling through Europe. If DJ is too much for you, try this one.

AHoOT was a brilliant book that led to Notes from Underground

A long tradition of the superfluous man, starting with onegin

touche. but that same 19th Century premise brought us The Sopranos and breaking Bad.

Suicide by duel is like the Russlit version of a Rockstar OD'ing on drugs

What about killing your best friend in a duel

That's like slipping Syd Barret LSD in his tea until he has a schizophrenic psychosis.

But for real, at least Lermontov and Pushkin died in a duel. Am I missing someone? There have to be more of them.

That's all for Russians as far as I know.
Charles Dickinson was killed in a duel by Andrew Jackson though

Ben Jonson killed a man in a duel and so did Thomas Browne

Turns out it wasn't that Charles Dickinson, but it was that Andrew Jackson

sheeeit never duel Andy J, even pistols were afraid to fire at that modern lion