Meta thread re: Veeky Forums meetups

how have all the recent meetups gone? i know the first one in dc went well, what about boston, atlanta, dc II, etc.? anyone got some good stories/pics

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/2FzXk6c
discord.gg/P5kByMx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We had three NYC meetups last year and they were OK. A little boring. Most people on Veeky Forums are just normies.

Which one would you fuck Veeky Forums?

were the NYC ones all just the faggots from discord? where were the non-sbarros ones

the discord is all brits

brits don't strike me as the kind of people who would ban someone for saying tool are/were shit, which is what happened to me.

There was one for Atlanta? I just moved down here.

Discord here. We don't care about your music taste at all. Good bye.

no its not

Any in Michigan?

i serously doubt any of you fucks live in Dallas

wanna beat the shit out of some of you desu

DC meetup? I'll bring the water balloons

can u invite me to the discord

I did a year and half ago. Honestly only miss whataburger

If any of you geezers are retired there's a good chance you live with me in Sarasota. We can have a meetup, but no loud noises after 7:00 PM, people are trying to get some god damn shuteye!

i would physically dominate you because i was an insecure steroid user for about four years who couldnt interact with women or handle his sociosexual position and compensated by imposing my will on other men in athletic contest

I'm down for an LA meetup unless you're a discordfag

discord.gg/2FzXk6c

I'm down for an LA meetup but only if you're an Asian or Hispanic woman

what is los angeles like

I am down for an LA meet up. I'm from Bakersfield, CA.

Is there a discord for LA Veeky Forums or?

Join here if you want to do a NYC meet.

discord.gg/P5kByMx

faggots

Used to live in Texas. Still miss whataburger.

I'm:
Let's get a motherfucking LA meetup

I don't know if I'm qualified to talk about what Los Angeles is like since I hardly ever leave the Valley.

Shit taste you deserved to be banned

Yo dude, I live in Pismo Beach. When you coming to the ocean again? Im still working my way through all the classic memes, but I have pretty good taste

Let's do it.
It's great.

I went to both of the DC ones. They were both pretty good. The first one was more wild and a group of 4 people ended up hanging out after and doing stuff late into the night. The second one was more low-key but still pretty chill.

At both there was high level of conversation. I think with maybe one or two people there was a period of adjustment because they weren't used to talking at that level face-to-face in real time and so there is a learning process of understanding how to talk about really heady stuff without ranting and while respecting the normal ebbs and flows in conversations; but even with that being a factor the discussions were excellent.

>discord
Ffs. At least tell me there's not a telegram as well

LA is huge my man, and there's anything you could ever want to do going on somewhere, the only thing that sucks is that it's so fucking spread out and traffic blows a bag of Dicks! Personally, I love hanging out in Venice or Hollywood, but both are expensive, so I can only go out once/week, but the weather is nice--except the summers, and you do see lots of famous people, if you like that sort of thing. The art scene is improving, but their is a load of pretension and vain veneer that I've found is worse here, than anywhere else, that's why I hang in Venice. You can actually go up to random people and talk to them without it b3ing weird; actually on the contrary, you can get into some fun ass times with strangers you just met there. Once you find your niche, it's a good life

All of them. LITERALLY ALL OF THEM

not even gay btw

Tit's, or, GTFO

not a girl either just a straight dude who wants to fuck hot guys

Nu-male the post

Tbh I (unironically-ironically) x3 know what you are saying though. We are helpless

none of them are twinky enough for me

>not the one coming over the top

whom

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

who here at

E T O N
T
O
N

Anyone in Edinburgh?

Nashville meetup???

About a year ago I went to the Chicago meetup. It was a decent time, sat down for dinner & talked about Pynch for about 2 hours.

I'd be down to squad up again if anyone else is interested. The more, the merrier.

how many people showed up? where'd you eat? what'd people order? what was the average height

Second for michigan

Also i am moving out of this shit state in May, carting my ass off to Nevada. Thank fuck i am sick of michigan

I cant escape dysthmia and alienation but at least im not in the same state where all the “fun” in my life happened

Dead mom, depressing winters, drug abusing father, remarried a black girl, cocaine fun, detroit fun, sidewinded my pathetic little suburbia white boy existence (was previously white nerd) with a black ass family from the hood, niggas off to prison for coke for 15 years

Its ok your life isnt that bad. Yeah moms gone but its not that bad. Dad cant handle you so he gives you up to the state at 14- “sorry user i just cant help you anymore”

Enter 10 years of mental illness and cutting and drug abuse and escaping the fucking hell of a shitstorm my teenage years were

Finally leaving and roasting my ass in the sun

Bye bye michigan(ironically Hell Michigan is a place. I lived pretty close- in Pinckney Mi. At least at one point. Ive lived in 20 different cities in the past 20 years)

Are you at Vandy? I go to one of the most Veeky Forums schools in the region and can't find people with interesting taste.

If any of you live in the Permian Basin I really need friends.

There were 3 of us, so pretty small. We got together at a really hipster-y bar one of them suggested (don't remember the name). I ordered a sandwich & potato chips, the second guy had fries, and the third just drank. I'm about 5'9", and both other guys were within an inch of my height.

Next time we should all hit up the Billy Goat, its a little hole-in-the-wall place where Royko and Terkel used to grab lunch in the 80's. Great burgers.

Not him, but I really love the Vanderbilt campus. I really wish I could have gone, but I had health problems and was generally poor. Several times when I was in the hospital there I went down to the library. It's really claustrophobic, but claustrophobic libraries are comfy.
Sadly I'm three hours away and don't like driving.

I would definitely go for the tall one on the far left. The head of his cock belongs at the back my throat. Bet he’s got gorgeous big balls as well.

O X F O R D
X
O
R
D

>Three hours away
In which direction? I haven't been to Vanderbilt, though one of my friends enjoyed his time there. As far as health care goes, it's my understanding that the holy trinity of research hospitals is:
>Mayo Clinic, midwest
>Johns Hopkins, northeast
>Vandy, good ol' south
Hope you're feeling well now, user.

I want to go to the next DC one but I'm an undergrad and a pleb. Will I be mocked?

Nah it's fine, the average age was like 23-25 but there have been a few 19-20 years old. Nobody cared although they did card us the 2nd time though so either bring a fake, pre-game or be the only one not drinking (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Will probably do another one in 6-8 weeks

N O R C A L
O
R
C
A
L

S T A N F O R D
T
A
N
F
O
R
D

Tasteless dweeb, I bet you don't like Blue Velvet

Tool is shit and so's the whole genre, this isn't even up for debate.

Pic related was Veeky Forums meetup 2013

What happened? :(

Anybody around Omaha?

Come to brazil

I'm down as well-- let's go to a show or bar!

would be down for a /bayarea/ meetup

also open to bay area meetup

Anyone else here in ATL?

nice blog

Twin Cities anyone?

I live in Dallas, friend.

funny

Also

O X F O R D
X
F
O
R
D

I'm in Paris.

we should have a Veeky Forums flophouse somewhere people who want to live the literary life can stay and avoid wagecucking, write and talk philosophy in real life
paris might be a good spot. anyone have a fat trust fund they want to buy a place with

I am and I am down to meet up. Who else ATL?

decatur here, massive pleb but willing to hang out
get a job hippie a Veeky Forums coffeehouse would be top tier though, dialectic all day,
walk in and either join the conversation or grab a book out of the bin

i have a job and all that, but would be fun for a couple years out of college to live the bohemian life, agreed on a cafe too; that's where we could all work, taking shifts etc.

I’m actually at a smallish state school in Clarksville. The English faculty is great, but the school has no prestige really. I love the program, but there’s always a part of me that regrets not going for a more prestigious place like Vandy or Chapel Hill, etc.

im lonely around southbank london, with slightly too much spare time and slightly too few friends

who wants to talk about books?

B E L F A S T
E
L
F
A
S
T

also

O X F O R D
X
F
O
R
D

you two were probably responsible for the baudrillard at the pub reading group I saw advertised the other day

that sounds legit, wish i went to eton/oxford

What's Oxford like? My dream is to do an MA somewhere in England and attend local football matches. Oxford would be great because their OU FC team is in the right kind of league for me (professional, small but not over-saturated in money).

I've managed to get a place in Tbilisi for free for about a month and then super cheap for another month. I pretty much left my job last year and decided to travel around, then now stoped at a place intending to >literary lifestyle for a while (also because winter).
Haven't written much desu, but read a lot and been discussing stuff mainly online.

Thinking about going to another cheap city that looks nice and doesn't have that many people to do it for one more month after this ends (thinking Cluj-Napoca, maybe Ljubljana).

If there were enough people on lit to "let's rent a super cheap place somewhere and do that for a while and we figure out how to survive" I would join in all seriousness.

when you forget to train your legs

Remember to get rid of your tripfagcode after you make an ebin joke on Veeky Forums

whats tbilisi like? what country were you in initiailly

Pretty good if you're into sports. The people are mostly unfortunately rich and british. University attracts good speakers but its prestige leads to very inflated sense of importance. If you have a specific professor and area that's good, it's great, but in general the education is no better than elsewhere

Fuck off nigger

How did you manage the free place? I've been saving to visit family in Japan this summer and... I really don't want to go. I don't think I'll get any writing done, probably won't talk to anybody and just waste the little $ I have on boozing. Id unironically much rather argue with other pseuds like myself in some euro shithole where I can stretch my dollar.

where were yall in the meetup threads?

>Dallas
What part my dude? I'm up in Denton

I'm from Brazil, have been so far in Italy, Montenegro and Germany before coming here. (And Morocco for one day only in my way to Italy, if that counts).

Tbilisi is beautiful in a way that is hard to explain. From what I get, the government has made a huge effort to restore or modernize the city in the past few years to attract tourists, that results in a weird mix of sights.
Georgian architecture has its own character and it's beautiful and nothing like I've ever seen. So the center (specially the "old town") is gorgeous, cause it's that and pretty well restored. But I think even the places sort of far (not "restored") that have mainly this specific style of old houses are still very beautiful and very interesting to me (maybe because of how different it looks from what I'm used to).
And then you also have this really nice modern looking bridge, an Armenian neighborhood close to the center that sort of looks like the "not that well restored old houses" but has its own feel as well. And a big and very nice cathedral next to it, which is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen (coming from someone that spent quite a lot of time in Italy last year), a cool old fortress, an area that has been entirely rebuilt (from what I've been told) and looks "fancy" but still beautiful regardless.
And you have all that, but when walking from one really interesting place to another you get the feel that you are in a part "under construction" that doesn't have much. It's like islands of really interesting sights connected by "wow there's nothing in here" and they are not too far from each other. And some parts in the center you have this "modern" buildings which are the big business type buildings that you would find anywhere else and that don't really seem to fit with anything else that is going on. This all is what makes it kinda of weird, but interesting.

Culturally it seems like there's a lot going on regarding visual arts (lots of exhibits and galleries and whatnot) but that's pretty much it.
It has a lot of regular bars that play some nice music and are insanely cheap (at least compared to Western Europe, US and Brazil).
And Georgian people in general are welcoming in a way I've never seen before, probably one of the most hospitable people in the world.
I really like the city and it's a very nice place to stay for a while.

Saw a guy on FB that lives here but is from the US, wanted to go there for a month and needed someone to take care of his cat while he's gone. I contacted him and ended up getting the place for free for a month in exchange of taking care of the cat.
>Id unironically much rather argue with other pseuds like myself in some euro shithole where I can stretch my dollar.
let's do it then

what was life like for you in brazil? i mean did your parents have money or did you just naturally become aware that it was not as valuable as everyone slaving after it thought it was? going to morocco and portugal in a few days—i think lisbon could be a good spot. georgia and that whole area sounds fascinating; i've been to turkey but not really the same deal

Steroids and bodybuilding doesn't make you a fighter and I bet you're a weak fat shit now.

Sounds awful. You also forgot to mention it is nigger and spic infested.

DFW is massive, it'd be weird if there weren't a lot of you here. I see people mentioning Houston and Austin all the time on Veeky Forums
Unless the rest of the state is right and you're all secretly lizardpeople.

my parents didn't have any money, not super poor/starving sort of thing though, but didn't have much money
my mother was a public school teacher (which in Brazil doesn't make much at all)
my father divorced from her when I was 6 and never really paid alimony because never had money to (owns a small coffee shop in a very small town now and lives there)
grandparents owned a couple of buildings and had a comfortable life though (but not rich), so they've always helped my mother when she needed
I left home when I was 18 though cause I went to live with my ex gf and since then survived by myself/paid my own bills, really never asked for a penny (am 27 now).
But traveling to Europe by myself, for instance, was something very far from my reality until 2016 I guess. For the past year and a half before traveling I managed to get a somewhat well paying job and was doing fine, but didn't have that much saved as well.

>did you just naturally become aware that it was not as valuable as everyone slaving after it thought it was?
I think something in the lines of "I'll just buy a ticket to somewhere and travel around with no money and figure things out" and that it's not worth slaving after it since I was very young, but never did it out of fear and life happening (university, jobs, relationships, parents would get worried, etc). Then I was feeling pretty bad last year and realized I've never actually done the stuff I want to do because of the same reasons and decided to just do it and see what happens. Sounds pretty cliché I guess, but I'm glad I did it.

right on. what do you like about it, the freedom of travel?

Hanoi is Veeky Forums as fuck, if anyone's traveling through I can introduce you to some dissident poets

yeah he's cute