Did you know that the Taliban writes poetry?

Did you know that the Taliban writes poetry?

They don't accept us as humans,
They don't accept us as animals either.
And, as they would say,
Humans have two dimensions.
Humanity and animality,
We are out of both of them today.

We are not animals,
I say this with certainty.
But,
Humanity has been forgotten by us,
And I don't know when it will come back.
May Allah give it to us,
and decorate us with this jewellery,
the jewellery of humanity,
For now it's only in our imagination.

(...)

The Troubled Shepherd

Your flute’s song is nostalgic,
O shepherd, troubled with the world’s civilization.
As you spend the nights by yourself in the dusty desert,
Your business is the song with flute, O shepherd.
Your old hair and dusty beard look very heavy,
O shepherd unaware of time.
May Allah make the world disappear, the jackal that would trouble you,
O shepherd, away from home from months.
May your songs’ poems not run out on the journey,
May you not be hungry in the desert, my dear.
Who will tend to your cracked feet and rough hands?
You haven’t seen any blessing or comfort, O vagrant shepherd.
Shoemakers are tired of pounding nails into your shoes,
You didn’t find new shoes, O shepherd without beauty.
You seem to have understood the secret of mortal life,
O disbeliever in the world of materials, shepherd.

(...)

At your Christmas, Bagram is alit and bright;
On my Eid, even the rays of the sun are dead.
Suddenly at midnight, your bombs bring the light;
In our houses, even the oil lamps are turned off.

(...)

Thunder

I am looking for whishes in the darkness of life
I am looking for my hopes mixed in among the soil.
The treasures of my whishes disappeared over time,
That's why, like Majnun: I am looking for deserts.
Affected by lukewarm tears,
I became a sea of mourning; I am looking for storms.
My feelings became upset with the feelings of other citizens
I am looking for a cure for the mind's thunder.
The courtyard of my love was ruined in the earthquakes of the time,
I am now wondering, looking for other courtyards.
The garden of my imagination was baked in the oven of cruelty,
I am looking for pain in imagination.
I, Ebrat, either went mad or have eaten hashish,
I am looking for flowers in thorns.

(...)

London Life

There are clouds and rain but it doesn’t have any character;
Life has little joy or happiness here.
It’s bazaars and shops are full of goods,
These kinds of goods don’t have a value.
Life here is so much lost in individuals that
Brother to brother and father to son, there is no affection.

Their knowledge is so great that they drill for oil in the depths of the oceans
But even this knowledge doesn’t t give them a good reputation.
I see their many faults and virtues with my own eyes, but what can I say?
O Sa’eed, my heart doesn’t have the patience to bear this.

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1531529
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein's_novels
youtu.be/02E6c5gCQL4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Omar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is dope, post more

file:///C:/Users/win7/Downloads/Poetry-of-the-Taliban.pdf

here, you can get the download here:

libgen.pw/item/detail/id/1531529

thanks for transcribing these, user
they are pretty dope

You’re welcome.

There are many more on the volume that seem interesting (more than just propaganda), but I can’t transcribe much because I’m at work now.

Inshallah

A time is coming, a change is coming,
A revolt of white banners is coming*.
A white caravan of turban-wearers is coming from all directions
(…)
I dreamed last night that Evening was handcuffed,
Dawn was standing in front of it with its sword.

*The Taliban banner is white (pic related)

>They don't accept us as humans,
>They don't accept us as animals either.

wtf, the taliban doesn't have a sense of irony at all

Oh cool, thanks user, in uni I remember reading a book of poetry done by inmates at Guantanamo Bay, but this is much more interesting.

Makes me think of this centuries Nazi Literature in the Americas

>May Allah make the world disappear, the jackal that would trouble you,

it's make teh wolf disappear

PRAYER

Humble these wolf-like humans;
Humble these dogs in human clothing

(…)

My throat is full of the bitter smoke of gunpowder

(..)

Due to this crazy world of yours,
Craziness is biting at my neck;
In the past it was the role of the wild beast.

But now humans bite humans:
They are not content with their dignity.
Out of ingratitude they bite the sky.

They power made them forget Your power.
The rich bite the poor;
Show your power to them.

Show the fires of hell
To the scorpions of the world;
Show the house of the dragons to them.

(…)

You have spread this carpet of earth,
You have raised the sky without pillars,
You have no defect.

This whole world isn’t more than a mosquito to you;

(…)

You gave this tongue to me
With which I now ask: what is this, God?
Some are so wealthy.

Some are even in need of shrouds,
Some swim in rivers of wine,
Some others’ drinking water as their hearts’ blood.

Some lamps can run on water,
Others cannot be lit with oil and are put out.
My God! Don’t be upset with me, I apologize.

You know what you do, but the reason I cry is that
Your enemies are covered with blessings.
How long can I be proud of my hunger?

(…)

Fulfill this one wish of mine, O God,
My compassionate, my merciful God:

This difference among humans,
That one is on the earth and another in the sky,
Take this away with your power or take

My conscience, my feelings.

Shit this is good stuff

Never forget the literary king who was thwarted by (((USA))) and their leaders, Mossad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein's_novels

This is where the real stuffs at
youtu.be/02E6c5gCQL4

Great stuff op, I always admired that kind of devoutness in tge afghans, they've got a rugged nobility that matchs the terrain

>I dreamed last night that Evening was handcuffed,
>Dawn was standing in front of it with its sword.

I liked these verses

That’s a beautiful cover

can't wait to be a tolerant liberal faggot and gush over these on NPR

The Chad Muslim Extremist
>strong cultural identity
>defends culture with all his might
>defender of traditional values
>puts women and minorities in their place
>powerful poetry and war songs
The Virgin Modern Westerner
>culture destroyed by consumerism
>willingly destroys his own culture
>enjoys nothing more than destroying traditional values
>considers women and minorities to be his betters, puts them on a pedestal
>poetry and music representative of modern Western culture, weak and flaccid from years of consumerism and progressivism

They're clearly inferior, but at the same time it's fucking retarded that we keep pissing them off by importing materialist shit into their world which they clearly want no part of just to make a buck for Schlomo Zuckerbergstein

lol

Pretty good

EMPTY SHELL

I thought it was an eagle but it turned out to be a crow;
Man wasn't made from him, and turned out neutral.
I trained him with the love of my heart;
I wanted to make a heart out of him, but he came out like lungs.
I held him with a great weight among the community;
He turned out just as light as a pack of straw.
He toyed with the jihadi resolve;
But it seems he turned out like the Russians.
He dances for US dollars,
We have said his fortune turned out sinister.
Khalis does not complain from anyone else;
The bullet in his own pocket turned out to be just an empty shell.

Condolences of Karzai* and Bush

*Karzai was the US backed President of Afghanistan

Karzai:
O hello, my lord Bush;
Now that you’ve gone, who did you leave me with?

Bush:
My slave, dear Karzai!
Don’t be upset; I am handing you over to Obama.

Karzai:
These words make me happy.
Tell me, how long will I be here?

Bush:
Karzai! Wait for a year;
Don’t come till I send someone else there.

Karzai:
Life is tough without you my darling;
I share in your grief: I am coming to you.

Bush:
As for death, we’ll both die;
Alas, we’ll be first and next.

Karzai:
Give me your hand as you go;
Turn your face as you disappear.

Bush:
Sorrow takes over and overwhelms me;
My darling! Take care of yourself and I will take care of myself.

Karzai:
Mountains separate you from me;
Say hello to the pale moon and I’ll do so as well.

_Author unknown

Dec. 18, 2008

How are we supposed to bomb brown people if we don't have their oil to fly the drone?
We gotta bomb the hell out of them and steal their oil.

>rugged nobility
>buggering little kids, murdering their own women, throwing acid at schoolgirls, horrifically inept at fighting but not willing to make peace
uhhhhhh

>thinking that the reason they're salty is "materialism"
nigga the taliban are just plain salty rural shits who will always find something to hate, whether it be watching tv, listening to the radio, letting women have education, reading books, or basically having any kind of fun

You should read these books:

>No Good Men Among the Living, by Anand Gopal
>Taliban, by Ahmed Rashid
>Afghanistan: A Cultural and Political History, by Thomas Barfield

The Taliban are not saints, but the media does not treat the recent history of Afghanistan in a fair and unbiased way.

After the Soviets pulled their troops out in 1989 they didn't wash their hands of the country, rather they continued to support the communist government in Kabul, and the U.S. continued to support the mujahidin to counter the residual communist influence. Both the Soviets and the U.S. stopped their respective support in 1991 and the country was left with a power vacuum - the Soviets had wiped out the traditional structure of local governance run by elders and to fill this vacuum various warlords and wannabees battled for power in a nightmarish civil war: women were grabbed off the streets and raped, no property was safe from theft, and executions swift of anyone thought to oppose a newly-installed war lord. Opposition to this brutal internal battle for power grew, mainly among the Pashtun in the south, the Taliban was born, and by 1996 pretty much prevailed. Although the Taliban enforced strict Sharia law including no music, TV or other satanic pass times, they did mete out justice to protect the civilian population, a sense of security returned after the terror of the civil war. Then we had 9/11, the invasion of Afghanistan and the installation of Karzai in Kabul. The Taliban, that was a loose confederation of local actors, was immediately impressed (terrified) of American air power, had no objection to Karzai (a fellow Pashtun), decided to back the Kabul government and give up their weapons. They had had enough of war, one that was continuing with the Northern Alliance when the U.S. invaded, and wanted to retire to civilian life now that there was a credible central government. Instead, the U.S. targeted all-and-any Taliban, conducted night raids into homes - often killing innocent civilians - and arrested any ex-Taliban member who came in to surrender and shipped him off to Gitmo for years, at times even the wrong person. It did not take too many of these incidents to convince the Afghans that the Americans were an invading force out to destroy their culture and religion.

1/3

2/3

The nascent movement was helped and organized by a Taliban central committee in Pakistan and the Afghans began to rearm - the Americans went from being saviors to an enemy rather quickly. The U.S. offered to make anyone rich by providing information on ex-Taliban and many sprang for this opportunity as it not only provided cash but an "in" with the Americans as an intelligence source, allowing local rivals to be liquidated by the Americans. We ended up with 400 scattered bases in Afghanistan, all of which needed to be supplied by truck and each convoy needed protection. You can guess the rest. Endless amounts of money were poured into local Afghan contractors, a key source of funding for the Taliban. America has spent over $100 billion for "reconstruction" in Afghanistan, a large portion of which simply disappeared; the government in Kabul is one of the most corrupt on the planet. The police force stood up by American advisors is totally corrupt and has fanned out across the country for seemingly one purpose - to extract money at the point of a gun from the locals.

Since Al-Qaida - perhaps 100 strong? - immediately fled to Pakistan at the opening of the U.S. invasion, our troops had to "do something" once in country. The Taliban had been branded as terrorist and were therefor open game for the American military, still there 16 years later banging away. Washington totally misread the political-security situation that had developed in the 1990s and turned a potential ally (the Taliban) into an enemy. Thirty-eight years on from the Soviet invasion the country still finds itself at war, and Washington's take of the situation unchanged.

3/3

Also, here is the way the Taliban was born:

Following the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989 and the collapse of Najibullah's regime in 1992, the country fell into chaos as various mujahideen factions fought for control. Mullah Omar went back to the madrassa at Singesar, although when he returned to religious teaching is unclear.[39] According to one legend, in 1994, he had a dream in which a woman told him: "We need your help; you must rise. You must end the chaos. Allah will help you."[39] Mullah Omar started his movement with less than 50 armed madrassah students, known simply as the Taliban (Pashtun for 'students'). His recruits came from madrassas in Afghanistan and from the Afghan refugee camps across the border in Pakistan. They fought against the rampant corruption that had emerged in the civil war period and were initially welcomed by Afghans weary of warlord rule. Apparently, Omar became sickened by the abusive raping of children by warlords and turned against their authority in the mountainous country of Afghanistan from 1994 onwards.[40]

The practice of bacha bazi by warlords was one of the key factors in Mullah Omar mobilizing the Taliban.[41] Reportedly, in early 1994, Omar led 30 men armed with 16 rifles to free two young girls who had been kidnapped and raped by a warlord, hanging him from a tank gun barrel.[42] Another instance arose when in 1994, a few months before the Taliban took control of Kandahar, two militia commanders confronted each other over a young boy whom they both wanted to sodomize. In the ensuing fight, Omar's group freed the boy; appeals soon flooded in for Omar to intercede in other disputes.[citation needed] His movement gained momentum through the year and he quickly gathered recruits from Islamic schools totaling 12,000 by the year's end with some Pakistani volunteers. By November 1994, Mullah Omar's movement managed to capture the whole of the Kandahar Province and then captured Herat in September 1995.[43] Although some accounts estimated that by the spring of 1995 he had already taken 12 of the 31 provinces in Afghanistan.[44]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Omar

wtf i love the taliban now

>The Taliban, that was a loose confederation of local actors, was immediately impressed (terrified) of American air power, had no objection to Karzai (a fellow Pashtun), decided to back the Kabul government and give up their weapons.
you're also completely missing that the taliban are supported financially by the Pakistanis and that their willingness to negotiate was highly overestimated. There is a reason why they fled the cities for the mountains at the beginning of the war, and there is a reason why they sat in those mountains getting bombed alongside foreign AQ fighters during the Battle of Tora Bora.

>The nascent movement was helped and organized by a Taliban central committee in Pakistan and the Afghans began to rearm - the Americans went from being saviors to an enemy rather quickly.
Extreme doubt as to "beginning to rearm". The Taliban never really disarmed in any meaningful sense and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of shit. As for "saviors" we supported the Northern Alliance essentially from the start. We were already enemies at the outset of the war in Afghanistan, and the Taliban were fully ready to kill Karzai should they have gotten the chance. They did succeed in killing Abdul Haq.

I really encourage you to read at least this book:

>>No Good Men Among the Living, by Anand Gopal

The author (american, despite the Indian name) lived in Afghanistan for more than 4 yers, and conducted several interviews. Some with Talibans, some with the Warlords of the Northern alliances, and even some with a woman who went from University Student to rural wife to Senator.

The main error of the US was supporting with power and money the very same corrupt warlords that the Taliban have fought (rapists, militia-lords, druglords, corrupt politicians), like Jan Muhammad Khan, for example.

Is a great book, and the author provide sources for every single one of his claims.

>No Good Men Among the Living, by Anand Gopal
when I have time
but based on what you've said so far a lot of things don't line up chronologically or make sense

I wrote it very fast and made it look to simple.

But the book is good. If you have been in the military than it would be even better to you than to me (I gatter all my knowledge from books).

The author is unbiased, that I assure. He does not claim that the Taliban were saints. For example, he states that the early Taliban, up to 2001, didn't liked suicide-bombers and global jihad. Mullah Omar got extremelly angry and even desperate with 9/11. He would not love anything more than kick Osama Bin Laden out of the country, for he didn't want anything to do with foreign superpowers

Yet the problem was that according to his tribal law-codes he could not gave away to certain death a guest he had promised to protect (he hadno idea Bin Laden was crzy to do what he did). He couldn't give Bin Laden to the US. He proposed to gave himto any neutral country with a Islamic court, but the US refused (Bush couldn't agree to such terms: it would be political suicide).Omar was reported to have said that Osama was like a chicken bone stuck in his throat that he could neither spit nor swallow.

Then when the US came, Omar and many seniour Talibs went into hiding in Pakistan (one of the first US bombings hit Omar's house and killed one of his sons). Many other Talibans just decided to put the guns in the ground and return to a normal life, and many decided to surrender and be part of the new government. They thought that the US would never back the criminal warlords of the past, but unfortnatelly that happened. Also, many politicians and regional lords started toprovide the US with the commodity they wanted the most: terrorists. But almost all the big Talibs and the Al Quaeda had fled to Pakistan, so what they could do? They would create the merchandise themselves: they started to point fingers at all their personal enemies, all competitors for power, all tribal elders with influence, all the ex-talibans who wanted to just live a normal life.

1/2

2/2

Then with time, people who were fed up with the war and even with the Taliban, witnessing themselves become the target of corrupt "government" officials (old warlords and their relatives), ended up embracing new generations of Talibans.

The new generations, trained in Pakistan, were (and are) much more agressive. To match the military power of the U.S.they started to embrace things they didnt do in the past, like suicide-bombing and the killing of locals who helped the foreigners (a notable case was the killing of a teacher they thought was also a US spy).

In the end, the new generation of Talibs started to kill more citizens then even the warlords the early Taliban had fought so hard to curb. The Taliban degenerated into a much more violent version of itself.

There is an interview in the book were the author asks a Talib about a beheading he and others commited, and the man explains that he never tought it would take so long to cut off a head. The author notices some shame and guilt in his eyes. He asks if he did the same thing another time, and the Talib says - looking down, asif he didn't like to think about it because he knew himself how brutal this was - that they have been doing this 2 or 3 times a month.

So the Taliban is showed as flawed, as guilty of war crimes as the US backed warlords.

It's a very sad history, that of modern Afghanistan. I hope that the western influence might end up being healty in the end.

Politics aside it’s very good contemporary poetry.

glad you like it

It was a surprise to me

>he states that the early Taliban, up to 2001, didn't liked suicide-bombers
>how did ahmad shah massoud die for $500, alex?

>Then when the US came, Omar and many seniour Talibs went into hiding in Pakistan (one of the first US bombings hit Omar's house and killed one of his sons). Many other Talibans just decided to put the guns in the ground and return to a normal life, and many decided to surrender and be part of the new government. They thought that the US would never back the criminal warlords of the past, but unfortnatelly that happened. Also, many politicians and regional lords started toprovide the US with the commodity they wanted the most: terrorists. But almost all the big Talibs and the Al Quaeda had fled to Pakistan, so what they could do? They would create the merchandise themselves: they started to point fingers at all their personal enemies, all competitors for power, all tribal elders with influence, all the ex-talibans who wanted to just live a normal life.

the timeline for these things make no sense. The Us supported the Northern Alliance and Dostum specifically before the Taliban could go into hiding anywhere

basically what I'm saying is that the author is a hack and he's selling the uncomplicated fiction that the US is completely inept to people who were never there and will never go public to contradict his meme book

to clarify on why Gopal is full of shit, there is a lot of open source information discussing US armed conflict with the Taliban within the first month of the invasion. The idea that the Taliban were totally ready to throw down their weapons and relent is a complete fiction and is demonstrably stupid when you consider the way they fought to retake towns and how they retreated to the mountains, thinking they'd fuck the US up the way they did the Soviets, instead of actually negotiating in good faith. All the shit about "wew american SF killed so many civilians" is retarded too, if Gopal were there to actually interview anyone in US SOF he'd realize that this is a classic case of bullshit whatabout-ism. Gopal is a useful tool for people of a certain political bent to sling shit about a war they don't understand.

>You know what you do, but the reason I cry is that
>Your enemies are covered with blessings.
>How long can I be proud of my hunger?

Shit.