>using books for decoration
>instagramming what you're reading/your stack
>carrying a book around with you so people see it

>normie-literature
>audiobooks
>female authors
>female readers on goodreads
>colored authors

you could have just written "people who haven't switched to ebooks yet" because vanity is the only reason for still owning paper books

>>carrying a book around with you so people see it
when I'm carrying a book around between destinations and some autist thinks I'm trying to impress him.

>what is a backpack
>what is a messenger bag
>what is a thank you plastic bag with a smiley face on it
literally so many ways to carry around your books without looking like a tryhard French student from the late 60s

I'm not going to cater to some random lunatic's fantasies. Sometimes I almost miss a stop. Sometimes I want to keep reading and putting it away would take longer than just snapping it open. Sometimes I can't cram it into my coat pocket fast enough. Sometimes I have to run somewhere. I couldn't give a shit how fucking insecure it makes you feel. What is wrong with you?

>carrying a book around with you so people see it
When I was in high school I was reading Moby Dick and I duct taped over the word Moby on the cover cause I thought it was funny to read it in school like that.

This. As if we live to please op! Some of us actually care very little for the herds "opinions"

>I couldn't give a shit how fucking insecure it makes you feel
projection lmao

Not really. Ebooks are a pain in the ass to go back to a certain page. What if you don't remember the page and you need to keep hitting back, back, back, back, back until you find what you're looking for.

that's what the average person who carries a book around with them looks like, good jahb

>what is carrying the book inside your anus

10/10 would have been your friend user

It's like someone read my mind.

This. I read a book detailing the prehistoric migrations to my home country, written by a woman. Every other sentence says that we're all mixed race and that it is wonderful. Also, a (somewhat paraphrased) excerpt):

>during this time, there lived hunter-gatherers who might have had dark skin in this area, while just a few kilometers away from these possibly dark skinned hunters, there lived farmers who hade migrated from todays Turkey and Syria, who had brown eyes.

>complaining about normies on Veeky Forums

That's EXACTLY why I still haven't switched over to Ebooks. I read pdfs once in a while, but physical books are definitely preferred.

I don't think theirs anything wrong with being proud/showing off that you read. It's vain but we live in a vain world. The only time I think it's a issue is if I know your a pseud. Theirs this weird culture around reading where people straight up are pretending they read. I don't think theirs a need to be minimalist or stoic about reading, surrounding yourself with shelves and stacks can help encourage yourself to read. Everyday I walk past my shelf and I'll have a look at it, think about what I want to read, books I've read, and it just helps me engage in literature more, shelves and stacks are comfy and better than having posters or DVD stacks as decoration.

Yet another thread about Jordan Peterson or Book of the New Sun. Even more than the ones about Nietzsche, Houllebecque, etc.

Gene Wolfe's okay, but there are better books out there.

Quickest way to ensure the most downvotes on any r/books or r/fantasy thread is to hint people only pretend to read xyz

>what is a dress code
>how large are pockets
>why are you so upset about improper book transit
Regardless of my good excuse to open carry, the girls in line in front of me were pretty interested

Who's the author? Where are you from?

you can make bookmarks in ebooks

You have no business calling anybody a pseud with such atrocious grammar.

>My favourite books are *insert entire HS reading list here*
>plot and DEEP THEMES are more important than prose and characters
>”I’m such a bookworm XD”; Only reads YA fiction.

>normie literature
Definite this. Do you mean YA fiction?
>audiobooks
Inferior to reading, but not offensively bad.
>female authors
There are some good female authors.
>female readers on goodreads
They’re pretty bad, I agree.
>coloured authors
There are some good coloured authors.

the public school system is literally designed to inculcate anti-intellectualism.

edith hamilton is one author i unironically read per Veeky Forums and she's good. very true to source materials and does not color things with politics. She is from a different generation though

Young Adults Fiction is 99% of the time significantly better than your average "adult" novel filled with Nietzsche quotes and diversity screeds

>imagine being this butthurt because a human bean is using his hands to hold a book

>Only reason to own paper books is vanity.

What about collecting books as a fucking hobby? Or doing it out of sheer preference?

How can you be this out of touch with the real world you autistic little cumstain. Go the fuck outside.

>Nietzsche quotes and diversity screeds

Why the fuck would something have both in it?

>HURRRRGH
>WHY ARE YOU ENJOYING A BOOK IN PUBLIC
>AARRRGH