Anyone else addicted to buying new books and never reading them?

Anyone else addicted to buying new books and never reading them?

I get so excited with a new book purchase and when it is delivered to my door from Amazon. I may read a few pages, but then the addiction hits me again and I find myself purchasing another.

It's a ruinous cycle I tell thee.

I've probably finished 2 of the last 20 books I bought tbqh

dude just send them to me, I'll read them and tell you about them for a small fee

I never liked to have books for the purpose of having them.
I give away those I'm done with

there's a word for you, you're a hoarder

I would be if I had any money
I guess nearly every writer or intellectual in history was a hoarder, shut your numale trap

i think its pretty common to readers to buy more books than they read but you're describing something in the extreme. i have a lot of books unread but i always get around to them eventually

try second hand stores though. spending $15 on amazon for a pristine copy of some meme book has nothing on random $1 finds on books that aren't even in print anymore

>I guess nearly every writer or intellectual in history was a hoarder, shut your numale trap
no, retard, because unlike consumer whores such as yourself they actually read the books they bought

I've stopped buying books entirely because I also suffer from this very problem. Instead of continuing along this path I've decided that until I've at least given all of the books I've bought and never once opened a chance and hopefully finished a large number of them, I will not buy any more - unless I desperately need to. I didn't set out for it to be this way but it has in effect turned out to be a new years resolution. One that I have thus far (although it is still very early in the year) stuck to.

Sort of. I like to buy cheap versions of most classic works of literature. I do get around to read a lot of them at some point but I do buy more books than I read at the moment. I'm still not widely read but having a library to pick amazing pieces of art is a joy. I'm prepared in case of a black out or when I don't have internet.

I do this. My next haul is my last

Damn, Umberto Eco was a hoarder.

>this whole thread

You are fucking retarded consumerist whores. I only buy things when I need them. Frequently I'll order the next book on my reading list when I'm ready to read it. Sometimes I even get it later than I needed it, so I'm waiting for the book.

I hate buying shit.

I do it too, OP, I masturbate furiously, constantly refreshing the page with the tracking data until delivery is imminent. I clean myself off, fetch the packages and then the real fun begins. I open each one slowly, talking as I do pretending like I am doing an unboxing. Then when all the books are out, I stack them up on the shelf, take a few handpicked doodads or meaningless piece of clutter and aesthetically place them just so around them. I take a few pictures, do any necessary editing in photoshop and then it's on to the fun part. I go on lit and scan the catalogue for any shelf or stack threads. If there aren't any, I'll make one. It sucks if there already is an active one because then I'll have to include a few vague replies commenting on books I know nothing about subjectively in order to not be deemed a lazy poster and get no replies. Then I simply wait, cock in hand for when the (You)s start coming in, asking me about opinions, giving compliments etc. I am usually too busy with the frenetic pleasuring of myself at this point and as the peak of attention builds to a crescendo I slip the belt around my neck and let euphoria take me. Then I feel disgusted with myself, can't even look at the books I just bought. Shamefacedly, I pile them into plain brown bags and carry them downstairs to the alley. I set them in the metal fire receptacle and douse the whole lot in lighter fluid. I light a cigarette, take a symbolic puff and flick it in. For there are always better stacks to make, more shelves to produce. And I am your hero, I will not let you down.

The last book I bought was War and War and I'm going to finish that before buying anymore books. It's a New Year's resolution to finish buying books before I buy anymore and to re-read some of my old ones.

stop being a fool and commit to finishing a single (fairly easy and short) book

Pretty good pasta desu

Too keep from doing this I usually buy one book at a time and when I'm nearing the end of said book I order another from amazon. That way by the time I'm finished with the book another is on my doorstep or being delivered.

good deal

>then the real fun begins
>on to the fun part
So your telling me the entire process is fun than right?

good catch thanks for the feedback

Np mate, was actually funny though, made me smirk.

Pity the bugmen. They know not what they do.

Like most things I've ever got addicted to hoarding like music, comics, movies etc I eventually just moved on to pirating and sold my old shit. Invest in an ereader OP and use something like calibre to edit books and use that to ease your autistic nature

Instead of this do this Eventually you'll have a small personal library you can say you've read every book on the shelf. And it's nice too have. It's aesthetic.

If you are going collect books, at least make it quality hardcovers that will last you a long time like Folio Society or Easton Press. The last thing you want is smelly yellow paperbacks falling apart.

I always read them, though it can sometimes take a while. For example, I only read the copy of Gravity's Rainbow I bought in 2009 last year

I was about to post almost the exact same thread. As soon as I start one book, I get interested in other books and start on them too. I have to reign myself back because I cannot possibly read that many books at once.

>Ever being truly "done" with a book
You must be reading some shitty books.

Watched one of zer YouTubes. Is your pic related a tranny? Lesbian at the very least?

>look at me everyone! look at how superior I am!
Nobody cares.

OP is chump if he doesn't read each book times the cost of dollars he spent on them to get his moneys worth.

nah not tranny, her hands and gestures are too feminine and not in a studied/affected way. she may prefer the ladies but I'm positive I could get to first base with her

I download any book that gets me excited when I learn of its existence. My epub library is only in the hundreds, but each one is something that I look forward to reading.

I used to do this with books. I now do this with JAV.

My hard drives are at breaking point, lads.

Can't wait to see the look on you chumps when you have to move.

assuming you're the same guy, do you live on Veeky Forums?

please don't tell people how I live.

yes, I buy tons of books that are on sale even though I dont need anymore

I'm addicted to buying unbelievable amounts of books I'll never finish (yeeeeeeaaahhhh)
In a brief moment of lucidity I went to Barnes & Noble and told them "Do not, under any circumstances, sell me more books"
I was back there half an hour later, wearing a fake moustache, and I said "Hello gentlemen, I am a man you have never met before. Give me 10,000 Barnes & Noble hardcover classics covered in diamonds"

/\/\ E /\/\ E

I had the same problem. With videogames as well. Still backlogged for years.

My solution was to not allow myself to make a new purchase until I hit a goal. It turned the addiction into big progress. Try it!

She said she wasn't a lesbian in that one thread when she came here.

I only give away those I didn't like. Same for dvds/blurays.

Some books I just caress and have them near my bed. I think I like the idea of books more than books themselves.

I had the same thing for a while (when you can buy used for pennies from Amazon it's easy to fall into the cycle) but when I ran out of shelf space I was able to slow down (theoretically still trying to "finish what I have before buying more" but we'll see how that goes).

Highly recommend investing in a library card too.

The fuck wrong with you, get some motivation bro.
I buy like 10 books at a time read them all then move on.

>nancy mitford's ghost now haunts this board
pls marry me

I was like you few month ago.

Now i sold every book i had, i kept only books i cannot find in epub.