This bookstore really isn't that impressive

This bookstore really isn't that impressive

Other urls found in this thread:

semcoop.com/category/new-featured-co-op/paperback-front-table
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neither was this one.

At least it's not packed with Harry Porter fans

>guy wearing a fedora in the middle

Tbh OP i agree since I've been there but can't remember where that bookshop is located

Porto, Portugal

Good presentation, but my local bookstore has a much bigger selection.

neither was this one!!!!!!!!!

God DAMN bookstores are pretentious. I only use my Kindle now but it's like these stores want to attract people who want to signal their literacy.

desu most bookstores probably want to bait normies into buying books by making them feel smart

>smellbound
jfc

>Fault in our Stars
Yoo

that's the one in the old dominican church in maastricht. i've been there

I like going to bookstores where the walls are filled with hundreds of books, sometimes out of order. Ones in the big city tend to just promote some contemporary books, and that is it.

el ateneo grand splendid impressed me, this was in buenos aires. you could pick books and sit in the floor and read all day there, no one would bother you.

>complaining that bookstores will attract people who identify with literacy
what

>Mfw you realize people only go to bookshops now to get whatever meme adaptation Netflix is churning out at the moment so they can be ahead in the story and brag about it to non-readers

So it's just me who buys Eastern European surrealist novels and classical Japanese lit then?

I was a healthy young man until I saw that "smellbound" thing and now I'm 89 years old and have cancer

The building was cool but the selection was not good.

>pretentious
>people who want to signal their literacy
I cannot even.
Who would do that?

I'd rather see a church demo'd than violated by being turned into a whorehouse of materialism

The seminary coop is the god-tier bookstore:
semcoop.com/category/new-featured-co-op/paperback-front-table

A shame the Classics section is so poor in every Ateneo/Yenny, not to mention every book in English is mass paperback bestseller/erotica crap.

So do I

Those places are pure pseud b8
Just buy used books

I've only been to two bookstores that weren't for fags. One was Cosmopolitan Books in LA (later bought by fagcore tourist trap The Last Bookstore) and the other was Alabaster Books in New York (behind meme The Strand). Both dingy, barely organized places run by grumpy old men who clearly hated to sell what was clearly their personal collection.

whats a good bookstore in chicago

>Cosmopolitan Books in LA

The Last Bookstore is still pretty good as far as pricing and selection, but the art stuff upstairs is awful.

Stockholm is full of stores like this. Just a tiny room stacked to the ceiling with old books and a grumpy old guy in the back.

>Eastern European surrealist novels
Recommend me, friendo

comfy

I had a surreal dream a while ago that I was wandering through a book store just like this one. I didn't remember the dream after I woke up but after seeing this photo just now I instantly remembered it.

not as good as this one

Damn, sounds cozy. My sister lives in Copenhagen and whenever I visit her we visit this one bookstore run by a similar guy. Surprisingly he remembers me, even though I've only been in a handful of times and spread out over several years. Very kind, if he approved of your purchases.
Yeah, I actually have been going there for a while now. Back before it blew up on Instagram or whatever I was checking out with a $.99 copy of some Joyce Carol Oates book and the owner stopped me and told me based on the other books I had that I would hate it.
I read it later and hated it, he was right. I wonder if he still hangs out there.

King books is actually breddy cozy.
>no one bothers you
>all signage is handwritten
>obscure and used books only, no flavor-of-the-month memes
>seems like it goes on forever

>tf since I started buying second hand exclusively, and later started to pirate off of libgen, I've become painfully aware of how small and uninteresting even the biggest bookstore's selection is.

I get it- there's limited space and you want to maximize sales, but jfc. I'm pretty sure there's a standardized list of books+new releases.

It's sad too, because I used to love trolling bookstores for those hidden gems. Now it's just tedious.

Trendy

that's how every store is desu

merchants in the temple, disgusting.