Books about modern life?

What are some good books about daily life in the modern age?

Where'd you get that template for the virgin meme?

Michel Houellebecq
Jarett Kobek

lierally me

Tao Lin - Taipei (tb h)

The Elementary Particles (Michel Houellebecq)

minus the hair (i have nice hair) that is literally meme wtf. why do we all have large eyes

literally me*

i am so divorced from reality im writing meme instead of me

Houellebecq. Literally this.

>What are some good books about daily life in the modern age?
"Jack Faust" by Michael Swanwick.

Houellebecq is great on sex/relationships. Never heard of Kobek, what's his area?
Normies are ugly

literally me. how do I, given these proclivities, lose my virginity? it shouldn't be that hard, but i'm going to need a step by step.

The internet and post-2000s and that sort of shit. He wrote a book called Atta about the 9/11 hijacker too, which looks interesting.

Oh yeah I recognize Atta, sounds great
>In the summer of 1999, Mohamed Atta defended a master’s thesis that critiqued the introduction of Western-style skyscrapers in the Middle East and called for the return of the “Islamic-Oriental city.” Using this as a departure point, Jarett Kobek’s novel ATTA offers a fictionalized psychedelic biography of Mohamed Atta that circles around a simple question: what if 9/11 was as much a matter of architectural criticism as religious terrorism?
A title like "I Hate the Internet" fits the bill, repulsively reminiscent of let's say blog entries and now journalism. Fine if you embrace the gaudy hideousness of it all, but I don't know if there's any more to it than an individual direction. By comparison ATTA strikes me as >pure aesthetics
Just be yourself bro haha

I read in an interview that the title is meant to deliberately evoke that vacuous Twitter blog entry sort of opinionated shit.

Nice eyelashes fag

I unironically want to kill myself

Has anyone actually ever killed themselves ironically?

who doesnt

see pussy
lie to pussy
sleep with pussy

you're probably going to have to learn how to talk to pussy first
and understand the pussy to make attaining it easier

if it's worth it to you put the effort in. if you put effort in it will happen sooner or later (probably sooner than you think)

It's okay I figured it out a few years ago. Things are still the same but i understand myself and I want to live.
>Lose my virginity.
Good luck, I have attempted a few times but emotional impotence

Thank you for that meme, I have been searching it for ages.
I have read many philosophers, and yet it took one meme to understand my true nature.

Where is the neurotypical chad?

>Books about modern life?
what did you mean by this? contemporary life? post-modern life?

this cut like a fucking knife

Homo Sacer by Agamben

it is worth it to me. where does the effort go

Me too. How do plan on doing it? I’ll either hang myself or OD, but I don’t now what to OD on.

This is momentarily motivating because it doesn't go into any specifics. Maybe I can seize the moment anyway. I might start doing drugs so I have enough courage to communicate with people

Delet this

You people have to get out of your own heads. Stop absorbing negativity as a way to justify how pathetic you are, it's a snowball of virginity.

I'm actually very charming I am just hung up on the inexperience. How can I be Alpha while having my first kiss or surveying the holes on a vagina?

>That pic
Shame's on you, I'm all of that AND diagnosed with severe depression and narcissistic disorder
Checkmate

idk, I think I'm still scared of women. I think women will think you're alpha if you fake it, especially if you're both drunk/on drugs. How old are you btw? 19 year old kissless virgin here

All this wishing I was dead is getting old

kys

are you in school or do you work? do you have friends or are you a total shut-in?

i didnt go into specifics because I didn't know the life situation of op. reply with yours and i can try to give advice aswell

>large eyes
Why can't one of these things be wrong for once

Yeah, me too.
faggot.

You can't be, but that's okay.

This is the result of children born in the new information age, especially those born along with or after the proliferation of the internet. The new generations are fucked and they don't know how to unfuck themselves and nobody wants to bother unfucking them.

How does one shock themselves out of this mindset?

Or, alternatively, what do you do if you recognize these traits in yourself but feel as if you can't do anything about it?

Im one of those. How do I unfuck myself?

You even gave him green eyes, literally me except for the suicide and intense anxiety

I'm a very socially anxious 19 year old with literally no experience with girls or life shit. I hardly talk to girls and I hardly engage with my male friends. I'm about to go back to university

If he knew he wouldn't be on Veeky Forums

Franzen the modern life GOAT