What is Veeky Forums's honest unadulterated opinion on this book? I've read it and I think it's brilliant

What is Veeky Forums's honest unadulterated opinion on this book? I've read it and I think it's brilliant .

It was basically written as a propaganda screed by which Hitler could connect with his constituency and explain his program.
Nobody (including Hitler) considered it to be anything more or less than that.

Hitler was an intelligent and well-read guy though, he read Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Hegel, Goethe, most of the German national canon.

good look into what can happen, even in our first world.

>screed
>t. disregards that mein kampf and hitler were what germans wanted, and an indispensible part of creating a belligerent germany again

This desu. It's unreadable really, but it makes sense in context. Hitler and his cronies were all into illuminism and weird occult shit, they read everything.

Have you even read the book? It's nowhere near just a "party program"

It starts off as an autobiography and then evolves into Hitler analysing world history and social structures through a nationalistic lense. Only the very last part is a "party program"

Yeah I have. Mein Kampf wasn't written as a work of philosophy. The book itself is actually very clear on this. Thus the title ''My Fight''. One reason people liked the book is because it wasn't obfuscatory like philosophy books are, but at the same time it was intellectually rigorous.

I've heard the prose criticised for being unwieldy. According to Adolf Hitler, it was meant to be read "out loud".

I read pic related all the way through and honestly I didn't get anything out of it that I couldn't have gotten just from watching one of his speeches. Is Mein Kampf similar in that respect?

Screed: a long speech or piece of writing, typically one regarded as tedious.

I never said that Germans were brainwashed or that Hitler wasn't who they wanted. I fail to see what point you're trying to make.

It was written in German; from my experience German tends to have way longer sentences than English and fucked up placement of commas.

But it's not just a "party program". Hitler talks about his life and the history of Christianity in Europe, and in particular Austria. For instance He talks about the Christian social party and what he feels it got right, and what it got wrong

i'm saying don't discount the appeal of these things, or you'll be cheering for the next one. that's all.

Fantastic.

I'm reading the first part and it's boring.

This one is actually funny to read to contrast with how his actual presidency is basically the exact opposite of everything written.

>waaaah nobody understands me but my dog
>waaaah art school is hard and they won't let me fanfic architecture
you're going to be the worst naziboi ever.

What is his expression trying to convey?

His concerns are all justified, his solutions however not. Lots of whining and moaning. Meh.

>Trump said in 2015 about the book's gloomy title, that a cover photo shot inspired it; "there was one picture that was just mean. It was a horrible, horrible, mean picture. Like a nasty-looking guy. ... I said, 'We're going to call it, 'Crippled America.' Because that's what it is. It's 'Crippled America'", he imparted.
What did he men by this?

That's all part of what he's trying to get across, it's unlike any other party program ever written before. Maybe I was being a bit reductive I was just trying to get across that Hitler wasn't trying to write some literary work and it shouldn't be judged on those merits.

I will be cheering for the next Hitler.

>I will be cheering for the next Hitler.
enjoy the eventual crushing disillusionment

>book by any politician
>ever good
come on, man. There are some good parts but most people who say its great are edgy neonazis that have never read it

I will!

It's an interesting historical document. Read it for yourself and make your own judgement. Don't fall for the reddit tier opinion that it was "LITERALLY UNREADABLE WHAT A DUMBASS LOL AMIRITIE?"

This thread will be a shit show but...

Is there a good annotated edition of Mein Kampf? Is the Manheim translation with the black cover annotated?

I can tell you've never read the book

There are no good annotated versions. If you are wanting the best translations the only two decent ones are the Ford or Stalag translations. Every other version is either mistranslated or emmits huge blocs of text

Wow, you’re really edgy and cool.

>Every other version is either mistranslated or emmits huge blocs of text

Does the Manheim translation omit text? He was a good translator of Celine.

I haven't read it, but I think it's a brilliant meme

It’s a rant that got published

Its not even the best Fascist autobiography of that era. What makes you think its brilliant? Have you read other books from that time?

I’m going to be honest: life changing. Great book although very hard to understand for a present day worldview. I suggest reading it and then if you are interested read more into right-wing/fascist/natsoc theorists to get a better understanding of the topics discussed. After that re-read it and be blown away.

Manheim doesn't emit text and is very accurate, the translation is just very hard to read at parts since he just did a 1:1 translation of the text and ignored the different syntax's of English and German. Would not go wrong with this version though I personally recommend Ford for readability and Stalag for more beautiful writing

It's great book, which accurately displays life in the period, as well as the solution. I disagree with his **complete** dismissal of Jews though, some are good.

It's boring laced with jargon.

The autobiographical parts are quite interesting. The political philosophy is pretty boring even if you agree with him. His speeches are better.

Is it true that he uses a ghost writer?

yes, he's really fucking stupid man. you've been lied to by Fox and /pol/ if you think he has above a 120 IQ, he's inarticulate and talks like every single jock fratboy who went to Wharton