What's Your Number?

Early 2018 edition

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2018

Other urls found in this thread:

topuniversities.com/qs-world-university-rankings/methodology
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/employability-rankings/2018
redbus2us.com/can-you-do-phd-without-masters-in-us-directly-phd-after-b-tech-or-b-s-in-usa/
topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2018
youtube.com/watch?v=cGJrLg1KImE
youtube.com/watch?v=grJ3vej0dVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.8...01 - 1000

Above or below 150, it jumps a lot through the rankings

I made the top 500, I suppose that's good enough.

Honestly if you're not in the top 200 you may as well kill yourself

>41
>with honours
>still can't get a job
Lmaoing at my life.

What degree?

Guess I'll add that to the list

>both in the top 100

nice

Numba 5 bish

>215
shieeet

Like it matters. Outside of the truly best unis on that list, i.e. Harvard, Stanford, and MIT, you are not guaranteed a job for getting a degree ANYWHERE else you go into Law or Medicine. Everyone and their mother has a master's degree these days. What matters is how you 'network' and how capable you are of acting on your ambitions

Number 50. Hmmm, well at least it's that high I guess, and only 5th in the whole country.

>No.7
but I’m pretty sure that it’s No.1 for the subject I’m studying

the fact that they have UCL above Imperial makes this list retarded

Go fuck yourself mate.

Number 6 baby

20 and they love to advertise that

If you earn a CS degree from Stanford, Berkeley, CMU or MIT, you will be hired. Same goes for Wharton students and the like.

What are you studying?

undergrad or post? there's a massive difference between getting in as an undergrad and doing an mphil. anyone with inflated GPA and a decent proposal can get into oxbridge postgrad.

Number 16

>tfw jewish

>just outside the top 50
fug :DDDDD

also this is a dumb list, there are UK universities that come in 15th-20th in national rankings in the global top 50 somehow

It doesn't feel like it's this good when you're there though.

>Caltech
>MIT
Do Jews not like STEM or something?

23 bruv

yeah for some reason it puts KCL waaaay high up, even though it's about average as far as Russel Group unis go.

glasgow above durham is a joke, as is manchester above LSE, bristol above warwick, and KCL above all of them

Keep telling yourself that. You're probably just ugly and uncomfortable to be around so nobody wants to work with you
Charisma is the real kingpin of success

Too embarrassed to say. I'll regret attending this garbage heap for the rest of my life.

>Asians get fucked by affirmative action because they're a race
>Jews get away with disproportionate placements because they piggy back as white

Not even mad, this was a master stroke

>georgetown
>227
these rankings are pretty retarded—not that gtown is a better school, but like university of washington and shit higher than half the ivys is absurd. do they get international schools as wrong? does france really not havy any top top universities?

It's a case of schools working to do well in rankings instead of just working to do well. A lot of the factors that are accounted as arbitrary and do not reflect actual education standard (i.e. having professor who is cited X amount doesn't mean he's either a good teacher nor that his citations are actually worthwhile)

European Universities are usually not run for profit and so don't care about their ranking as much as it doesn't affect their breadline.
A more interesting ranking would be one specifically based on Employer recognition

The fuck is it based on.

topuniversities.com/qs-world-university-rankings/methodology

Also, read this.

One of the factors is "number of international students"
They're absolute bullshit

>Education industry doesn't matter
Wew. One of the most important things a university does is bring money into their country's economy by bringing over rich Chinese kids.

>A more interesting ranking would be one specifically based on Employer recognition

QS also do one of these.

topuniversities.com/university-rankings/employability-rankings/2018

It's also at
>5% each
Which wouldn't skew it that much.

55, I remember seeing it as 18 on another list though.

At the top level it absolutely would. Its the different from being top 20 and top 50

>was in top 10
>doing well
>good degree
>crisis
>rethink my entire life
>quit
>do a jobless degree at a top 100 instead
I'm sure I made the right decision

Just looked it up. Its apparently tied for last place among the NA schools. Can 't say I expected any better.

Employability is still too vague, it seems to be based on where students end up rather than what the degree itself signifies. The fact so much technology colleges are the top shows it shows little of actual prestigiousness

156. My uni is better regarded in domestic tables.

US news and world report is the only credited rankings for US schools

It "matters" but it holds no demonstrable value to the education quality or even recognition.
A school does not become better because a bunch of rich fish-heads who can barely speak are roped in

Top 200 could be worse

82. It's the best New Zealand has to offer so I'll take it. I'm probably going to run off and become a vagabond or sail the world for the rest of my life when I'm finished anyway

Wow awesome story faggot

:^(

At the very least, I'm so upset about ot that I don't even want to go to class today.

My university isn't even on there

Jews have spatial thinking deficiencies

Can this be the College General thread?
I want to get a masters in history and was thinking of Berkeley. What does Veeky Forums think?

At least your uni is in there. Kek. No wonder I got an average of 9.1/10 even withouth doing half the homewroks for the whole 9 semesters.

mines not even on the list

did i get scammed?

>N/J White
>Non-Jewish white

what did they mean by this?

Just below top 100 :(

It's free tho

And the best in my country anyway

Yeah, I've gotten an A in every class i regularly attended and stayed awake in. My GPA stayed above the failing level even after I spent two semesters getting out of bed as little as possible.

I've tied so much of my concept of self-worth to attending a good school that thinking about how I handled my education tears me up inside.

1, undergrad

STEM is too honest. Jews prefer to work in Law, Political Activism, and Entertainment fields.

im dumb, what are the different ratios?
>relative to total age 18-21 population
what does that mean, in comparison to how many jewish people are aged 18-21?

Posting a uni admission chart with more black admits than white is kind of hysterical. Who the fuck are you fooling m8?

aw yeeeeee

501-550, eh, I go to a pretty good uni tho so it's fine

Getting a master’s is a cash cow for universities, you realize that right? They’re easy to get into and then you get absolutely gouged for money cause they know you want more credibility but you aint got the chops for a PhD so you’ll buy your way into higher education.

Do what it takes to get your PhD or just forget about it. Paying 30-40 grand for an MA is a waste.

From like 120ish to 80ish nice.

MA isn't a waste if you want to be a teacher in my country. You get paid far more than a normal BA pleb.

don't you generally need to do a masters before enrolling in a PhD program?

No. It can be harder since you have to have great grades and letters of recommendation, etc. But you should be doing well in the last few years of your BA if you're wanting to do postgrad.

redbus2us.com/can-you-do-phd-without-masters-in-us-directly-phd-after-b-tech-or-b-s-in-usa/

It's so low that I'm physically embarrassed to share it. Okay, I will share it: #651-700. The school within the university that I attended is ranked #50-100 when you look at the subject rankings, but of course that subject is art and design, so who the fuck cares

In the UK yes. In the US the majority of PhDs are BA students who did exceptionally well. Grades matter less than your personal statement, writing sample, and letters of rec.

Nice info. What if I'm a ESL pleb? Can I hit the Diversity Quota? Trump may want to deport me...

>ESL pleb
Depends. What field you doing?

University rankings are largely an Anglo meme. Most European countries have separate research institutes for example, which is why there are none French or German universities high on the list.

History. I'm still working on my thesis project, which I'm not supposed to talk about until it's done (bcause some parties may take support away if they find out), but let's just say I may or may not author the first (and maybe even second) chapter of a book on certain tribe. I don't really have any publication.

>not even ranked
>started a company after graduation and make plenty of money anyway
Lmao-ing at statuscucks. If you need a degree to open doors you don't have the people skills to make it anyway.

>on certain tribe
Why would you try write about Jews for grad school?

>Veeky Forums wants to start companies
Lol.

Kek, it's not about the Jews. Though I wish it was. I want to be smothered by big khazar milkers.

>Rutgers
>just barely in the top 300

Uni of Florence sucks

Yes, you can hit the diversity quota. Elite universities literally release charts every year to show how many international and women students they admitted. It is fully institutionalized. And you're writing something trendy about some tribe. You have a very good chance of getting admitted.

But let me tell you something about PhDs. What matters more than anything else is your writing. Don't worry about your grades or test scores. Your writing sample and SOP is what they care about the most. And yes, rec letters matter. This is why 'networking' has seeped so deeply into the humanities: you have to suck profs dicks and make nicey nice to get really good recommendation letters. But those three things, and your writing in particular, matter the most. I knew some Stanford peeps doing history PhDs that had GPAs below 3.5. They were such smart motherfuckers that they didn't really give a shit about turning in assignments because they were busy cultivating their writing and research skills and it paid off.

But then again you get to live in the most beautiful city in the world.

>topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2018
>701 - 750

Eh. Top 1000.

This is a widely acknowledged truth among grad students and profs in the US, not to mention university admins. US News and World Report is /theone/

My college is not even on that list. Although if I had studied I'd be on a #801-1000 so it doesn't matter.

9 for undergrad and 6 for postgrad. Looks like I'll be getting my PhD from Harvard.

GOOOOCHH GANGGGG

youtube.com/watch?v=cGJrLg1KImE

youtube.com/watch?v=grJ3vej0dVk

>31
But directly in front of McGill, so that makes me slightly happy I guess.

Kill me desu that’s my dream. I go to reed but my gf is at uc and loves it .

Numba oneeee!