Veeky Forumserary confessions thread. Confess your sins. I promise not to make fun of you

Veeky Forumserary confessions thread. Confess your sins. I promise not to make fun of you.

I started reading philosophy at Kant because I thought it'd be cool if I could understand it a little and then proclaim "I understand Kant"

> reading anything written post-1930

I want to have sex with Asuka.

I only read to impress other people

I realised Islam is true but don't want to convert because of those ugly ass beards

I could only read when I was trying to impress others, now that i don't care, I can't read.

then how did you read my post?

I do not read, I only listen to audibooks.
I also tell people I read, not that I do audiobooks.

> le happy rage comic man

xD

My reading ability is good, but my actual patience with reading is fucking horrible. Probably because of the internet. I not only refuse to read genre fiction, but find it almost impossible to slog through any book that isn't an absolute fucking literary masterpiece or very interesting nonfiction.

she's probably taken one look at you and laughed

Between real literature I read light novels.

I rarely have the patience to sit through an entire novel. I prefer short stories and poetry because I can finish them in one or two sittings.

Female writers are some of my favourites.

Miles Davis literally wrote one of my favourite books of all time

Philip K Dick and Gene Wolfe transcend genre fiction, PKD for his themes and philosophical quandaries and Gene for his prose and sense for subtext. I know that's not such an unpopular opinion with some but because they primarily wrote science-fiction, I feel a lot of people will give them shit for that.

I've tried to read Infinite Jest twice now and about ten pages in I know I'm not feeling it. I can't make a snap judgment about it being a good or bad book but I know I can say one thing and that's that the title is misleading, Infinite Jest is no fun at all.

Ruri Gokou is my waifu.

I don't read any books by black or female authors. If you've read one you've read them all

I've only just started reading the greeks,

Is there any other way?

How do you know if you haven't read any?
How do you know if you haven't read all of them?

>Harry Potter = White Teeth
Looks like you got it all figured out, user.

name 5 female authors you've read

dumbest post I've seen all day

Gotta start at some time, user. Better late than never. Just be aware that when you start with the Greeks, you never truly stop.

me too and I browse this board for a few months

Muslim here, you can be muslim without having a beard, I find them disgusting desu

I have never read a book on or about philosophy and I never intend to. I tried reading Plato and Aristotle back in college but got bored 5 pages in. I also tried doing into Sartre when I was going through his plays and Camus, but couldn't make it interesting. I do enjoy reading Emerson, Carlyle, Thoreau, Browne, Burton, Montaigne, but I don't consider them to be in the same category as the people Veeky Forums is always going on about.

The girl I like loves reading John Green, and even though I've never (and never will) read any of his books, I always tell her that "he's good" whenever she asks me about my opinion on his books.

Oh, also I think Evangelion is mediocre

I am half way through brothers K and haven’t read it since March last year
It’s just so long

Why don't you intend to revisit Plato? You're clearly older now, Plato's not that difficult and never treads the same ground.

be honest user. you'll never get a woman if you're worrying all the time about how much they like/ agree with you.

> taking nearly a year away from a book

Man, if that was me I'd feel like I'd have to start over again. What are the longest books you've read previously? Read any Dostoevsky before?

I enjoy De Beauvoir more than Sartre.
The prisoner of Azkaban is peak Harry Potter

Because it's fucking boring.

I don't have much experience with girls. What am I supposed to do ? Tell her that her taste is shit ?

I want to marry Alexandra Gaier. I hope she's still pure.

I hate philosophy and I don't hate women or jews.
frankly, I don't know what I'm still doing on this fucking board.

>de gustibus non est disputandum
There is no such a thing as shit taste. and yea, you can tell her you don't like john green or that you think her taste is shit because she doesn't seem to be a massive reader if john green is her fave so i guess you're not hitting where it hurts anyways.

Asuna?

Why don't you read a fault in our stars and then take her as your cancer lover ?

Come on, bro. Don't be a beta. Girls unironically ask guys if they like John Green to see if they are Chads or not. You didn't pass her test.

That's cool. The only people who preferred Sartre were Americans and Beauvoir.

I actually don't think that her taste is shit, some of the stuff she reads is actually really good, I just don't like John Green.

I've seen the movie, nah.

I dunno user, she seems to find me interesting. She caught talking about Tolstoy with a friend and started asking me about my taste in books and music.
I found out later that she made some researches about them and would even start listening to the music that I liked whenever I sit close to her.

i identify almost completely with every single protagonist

just earlier you said
>do i tell her that her taste is shit?
bit misleading desu

She sounds like a psycho. Is she cute?

>I dunno user, she seems to find me interesting. She caught talking about Tolstoy with a friend and started asking me about my taste in books and music.
>I found out later that she made some researches about them and would even start listening to the music that I liked whenever I sit close to her.
be careful around her

Sorry user, just woke up

Yeah, she's actually pretty smart too, compared to the other girls I know, she can act kinda tomboy-ish sometimes.

W-Why user ?

I haven't yet very much non-fiction.
There are like 15 books I own but haven't read yet, some from over a year ago

Goblet of Fire was peak Harry Potter

But is she cute in a lively wife-material way or in a broken, perhaps withered way? Do you think she could go crazy on you and chop your dick if you cheated on her?

The only HP books that didnt leace any impression on me were the first two, the rest were pretty fun, I remember back in school when I would re-read a book every week.

I'm reading Hegel to impress a girl and I don't really give a shit about it otherwise
also this

It'd be nice if people who actually committed a sin like killed, stole, raped, sold drugs etc. confessed in threads like this.
Instead they are travelling around the world and fucking austistic qts.

>W-Why user ?
Chances are she just really wants in your pants, but if she consistently changes her behavior to try and please you, that could be a precursor to an unhealthy obsession.

On the other hand, maybe she's just really insecure.

It's probably nothing, but that's probably what most people thought before they were stabbed to death by a stalker.

Then again, I don't fuckin' know her, so I'm probably talking out of my ass.

Is that girl into Kierkegaard too by any chance?

I read 5-7 when they came out, but don't remember any of it other than Snape kills Dumbledore, and thats just because of the videos people made driving by midnight lineups.

Im a little confused as to why that series became such a fashion statement / political bible desu. Why not some other YA series?

agreed, the same applies for kino post 1975

I want to rape Asuka.

Wut ? Nope, she's not the stalking type, she the "soft" kind of cute, she likes to act all stoic and firm most of the time but would often get all red faced whenever someone compliments her.

I think I'm the one with the unhealthy obsession, I always act indifferent but I actually can't stop thinking about her. I don't even understand why she finds me so interesting.
Anyways, it's not like she's my girlfriend or anything, most of the times we just act like friends, except when I notice her looking at me in class, which always makes her giggle.

That's so cute user. How old are you?

>except when I notice her looking at me in class, which always makes her giggle.
Just kill me now,, Veeky Forums

I always liked the school setting and the wizard world in General, something about the old architecture and the "hiding from muggles thing" felt really comfy. That's why I always read HP at night while drinking some hot chocolate.

do you want to be in a relationship with her?

Now that's reasonable

>I always liked the school setting and the wizard world in General, something about the old architecture and the "hiding from muggles thing" felt really comfy.
yeah, but it really fell apart once readers grew up. the rules go from charming to obnoxious, the world hamfisted and the people uninspired and flat. They're wizards and witches, fucking do something with them!

20, the problem though is that I've never had any experience with girls, just one year ago I couldn't even talk to people without mumbling awkwardly.
I'm still new to this.
I do, but I feel that I'm going to fuck it up somehow.

>I do, but I feel that I'm going to fuck it up somehow.
Hmm. I can't help you with that, but it sounds like she's interested too.

Just remember, communication is the most important thing. Maybe take her to a café and explain to her that you're interested and think that maybe she seems interested, if she'd like to try. If you're worried about messing it up, then explain that to her, too (maybe not immediately).

If you're worried that you're misinterpreting her behavior, then maybe offer to take her someplace overtly romantic, and see how she reacts to that.

If that doesn't work, then just ask.

Nah, bro. When you are alone with her just ask her bluntly if she wants to be your girlfriend. Don't get cutesy nor sentimental nor anything like that. Just look at her and don't lose eye contact until she says yes. And if she says no, well if you don't confess your feelings no one will think you're pathetic or a fag, so it's a win-win situation.

>Just look at her and don't lose eye contact until she says yes.
that's super weird and creepy and a good way to get girls to think you're a serial rapist. Don't do this, ESPECIALLY when you're alone with a girl.

I'll try, maybe I'll just explain it to her in an indirect way, she's kinda open minded, she also suggested that we hung out when if I ever had any free time. Just wish me luck anons.
Heh, maybe he just means that I should look calm and cool when I say it.

I don't know, man. I've never asked a girl to be my gf with that technique, but it had given my countless one-night stands and I've never heard a single complain.

Hey, good luck my man. tell us if it works out.

>she also suggested that we hung out when if I ever had any free time
I want you two to have a cutesy drama-free relationship, do what the other guy suggested and ask her to a cafe.
Im rooting for you, remember we're all in this together

>I should look calm and cool when I say it.
Yeah, that's it.
Expanding on this. Do it charmingly, not like a creep or threatening. That's a big part of the deal.

Will do,thank you anons

I don't know if this is a good advice. That kind of shit only works if you're a Chad. I guess it's still better than saying something like w-hat do you t-hink a-bout m-me? while looking at the floor though.

It's really weird to me how hostile this place can be, but when you ask for relationship advice suddenly everyone is really nice and helpful.

But for what that user is saying that girl is totally into him and surely sees him as a Chad even if he weren't.

haha no. this is merely a special case

>I guess it's still better than saying something like w-hat do you t-hink a-bout m-me? while looking at the floor though.
W-hat so wrong about doing this?

I spend more time browsing Veeky Forums and/or masturbating over my Goodreads to-read and read lists than reading.

nobody likes a coward. being afraid or nervous? That's fine, but a spineless coward is nauseating to everyone, not only women.

I spend more time browsing Veeky Forums and/or masturbating over the Veeky Forumscuties of Goodreads than reading.

I think I'm a borderline genius, even though I've been denied by 3 different publishers.

I value plot and worship structure. Well formed characters and humanistic traits intrigue me. I wish to live through art, seek to make art my own. Yet I lack the word, the poise, the light

I haven't started yet and I've been here for years

so you only read Veeky Forums instead of phil?
damn user me too
is this the Veeky Forumserary lifestyle?

I get my girlfriend to bump my threads

I don't edit nearly as much as I should.

me too user

>she likes to act all stoic and firm most of the time but would often get all red faced whenever someone compliments her
I knew a girl like her...

Was she a psycho?

No probably one of the best people I've ever met. Sad it didn't work out.

dude same

it's just women mate, theyre basically janus with tits

Me too. Lots of people are like this. It's like sleeping with a chubby girl when the perfect women is just sitting there, waiting for you

>so you only read Veeky Forums instead of phil?
pretty much yes
I think the only phil stuff I've read in the past few years are
>The Ego and its Own by Stirner
>The Myth of Sisyphus and other Essays by Camus

Been really wanting to read more philosophy and am sort of devising a "reading plan" lately

I don't read nearly as much as i say i do.

Same except i like philosophy

I dont hate black people either

Philosophers Stone for PC was better than the movie.