Anyone have any Veeky Forums riddles

Here's one from Lacan:

>There are three prisoners in a jail, and
the authorities need to set one free. Thus, they decide to subject the prisoners to a logical game that puts at stake the prisoners' freedom and thus their lives.

>The director of the prison states that he has three white disks and two black disks, and that he is going to place one disk between the shoulders of each subject in such a way that the subject cannot see his own disk, but he can see the other's. The director rules out all forms of communication between the subjects and all possibility of a prisoner's being able to mirror himself. Thus, the Imaginary is essentially excluded. The director continues by informing the subjects that the first one who determines the color of his own disk must exit from the prison and declare his color and then must give a logical explanation for his divination. The first prisoner who fulfills these requirements will be set free.

If a prisoner sees black discs on the other two prisoners he knows his is white.

If he sees a black and a white disc, but the one with the white disc has not already left to inform the director that his disc is white, the disc on his own back must be white.

If he sees two white discs and neither of the other two has left, then he has a white disc.

If you have a black disc on your back you're just fucked.

and who said people on Veeky Forums aren't bright

The director never gave any rule against simply removing the disk from one's own back and looking at it.

it's in that exact place you can't reach.

What happens if everyone has a white disc?

>If he sees two white discs and neither of the other two has left, then he has a white disc.

no way lacan came up with this

Interestingly or not, the solution by divination, without resorting to the imaginary, apparently assumes the other two people will also be able to follow the right logic. Realistically I suppose an ensemble of such experiments would actually have a lot of people messing up because their "partners" also messed up. In this way I think this game (in the sense of game theory) is not exactly up to par with more conventional riddles.

>then must give a logical explanation for his divination.
You just say you trust your luck.

How fat are you senpai?

I guess that mine's white and I'll probably be right

not at all but I do have quite short arms.

Anyone got another, Lacan's was lame

Wrong, there were no disks. It was a portion of the prisoner's uniform, looking like stacked disks. All the prisoners were freed because they were found innocent.

Unfunny

u wot m8?

I'll try one I just saw in Irish

Chomh hard le caisleán
Chomh cruinn le ceirtlín
Chomh dearg le fiu
Chomh bán le bainne
Chomh milis let mil

Translation:
As high as a castle
As round as a ball
As red as blood
As white as milk
As sweet honey

What is it?

Protagoras agrees to tutor Euathlus, and Euathlus in return agrees to pay Protagoras upon winning his first court case.
Now after receiving tutoring, Euathlus decides not to practice law after all.

Protagoras decides to sue him: If he wins, he claims, he will receive his pay. But if he loses, then Euathlus has nos won a court case, and by agreement must pay.
Euathlus, however, claims: If he wins, then he is not obliged to pay, but if he loses, then he still hasn't won a court case and doesn't need to pay either.

Who is right?

surely Euathlus just needs to hire another lawyer to represent him

You had to defend yourself in ancient greek

*greece

well you also had to do it in ancient greek, presumably.

Presumably, yes.

protagoras could lose on purpose to get paid, so its not a fair trial

Neither.

Lactating nipple on a tall chick.

A pile of the bleeding skulls of your enemies

The sun? The sweet thing would have to be figurative

is it an apple

Goddamnit you motherfucker are any of us correct?

Just read this one:
A thing came marvelously moving over the waves,
comely from the keel up. It called out to the land,
loudly resounding. Its laughter was horrible,
awful in its place. Its edges were sharp;
hateful it was, and sluggish to battle,
bitter in its hostile deeds. It dug into shield-walls,
hard, ravaging. It spread mischievous spells.
It spoke with cunning craft about its creation:
“Dearest of women is indeed my mother;
she is my daughter grown big and strong.
It is known to men of old, among all people,
that she shall stand up beautifully everywhere in the world.

An eye?

Completely depends on what the stipulation of the lawsuit is