Is there any philosophical statement more widely misunderstood than "God is dead"?

Is there any philosophical statement more widely misunderstood than "God is dead"?

Also, what does it mean

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

THIS GOD IS KAPUT. HE IS EXTINCT. THIS IS AN EX- GOD.

How many philosophical catchphrases are referenced in songs by christian boy bands?

forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw

>tfw you study philosophy for years and Bach finally makes sense
>tfw when you realize classical is the only aesthetic form of music and the only genre worth listening to

what does philosophy have to do with bach

>tfw you study philosophy for years and RRR finally makes sense
>tfw when you realize HNW is the only aesthetic form of music and the only genre worth listening to

Schoppy

Dead in the heart of man. There's LARPing, but God only truly exists on the social margins. A metaphor or two, but that's all I've got this evening..
On the other hand the phrase is a kind of apotropaic against the future influence of religion on both social and political matters. In this sense it has failed.
Posed as a question is it even worth responding to? No. Sorry I made a poor attempt.

Pleb.

Agreed. Other forms finally reveal themselves for what they are: a kind of screaming in one's face, and that isn't music despite all marketing ploys and false opinions. For me, it was Henry Purcell (that began my moving away).

I disagree. God became an hero and everyone is just in the denial phase of his passing.

um no sweetie pop music is king

Normal interpretation is "current ways of thinking inviabilize belief in God".
Alternative interpretations go "Nietzsche, best hegelian of all time, points to the Death of the Absolute at the conclusion of the Phenomenology of Mind, describes the chaotic and strange time that follows" , "Nietzsche, crypto-christian, remarks about atheism in his time with a comparison to the crucifixion".
Really, it's Nietzsche, no one fucking knows what he meant.

lol it means theism and idealism are dead, the spirit is gone you fucking faggots

God damnit you stop with this sweetie thing right fucking now

Anyone else gangster rap full volume when reading in noisy public places?

I think correspondence is transcendental in nature, it's an intuition that grows juxtapose to ones coming into being, which slowly reveals itself as something pure

We don't have much to say to each other desu

>tfw a retarded user says Bach is classical
>when Bach is baroque
be precise

please someone notice me for making this meme user senpai

Referring to the period yeah sure, but the historical and connotative context is better placed as classical in comparison to contemporary music. "Classical" is an umbrella term for baroque romantic etc. as a result. What's the purpose of being precise in that statement? You're being annoying for no reason

Is what's absolutely core living or dead?

>God is dead

It means the Church has failed Christ (predicted through Jesus's parable alone)

Church was supposed spread the spirit of God, god's spirit as word died.

It's time for man to form the own Words of God, under a branch further than all before

NIGGAS IFFY UH

KNEETCHEE GOT THE STIFFY UH

>still listens to gangster rap
Obscure late 90's and very early 2000's southern hip hop with only a couple of hundreds of views on youtube is where it's at user

>Alternative interpretations go "Nietzsche, best hegelian of all time, points to the Death of the Absolute at the conclusion of the Phenomenology of Mind, describes the chaotic and strange time that follows" , "Nietzsche, crypto-christian, remarks about atheism in his time with a comparison to the crucifixion".

So you're saying God had to die to be reborn as Absolute Spirit emancipated from religious mystification? Are we completing the system of German Idealism?

>Is there any philosophical statement more widely misunderstood than "God is dead"?
Probably not.
>Also, what does it mean
God has ceased to play a meaningful role even in the life of the religious. It's a functional death, not an absolute one. Note that the madman proclaims this in the marketplace —the new arbiter of social relations. Its a sociological statement.