Has anyone else here noticed that that all they have to do is post a literary figure in a couple of threads and soon...

Has anyone else here noticed that that all they have to do is post a literary figure in a couple of threads and soon enough Veeky Forums starts posting them more often?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only if they're accessible or "meme worthy." Michelstaedter didn't catch on.

Yes

prove it with archive warosu.org/lit/

it's almost like doing stuff well makes other people do stuff similarly

I'm going to test this. By the end of the week Milton will be a meme author.

Yes, you have the edge this time because Cioran looks like Eraserhead

Guenon was a very obscure figure here until people started spamming him as the guy who BTFO Evola at his own game

Yes. Weil is well known on lit largely through my own shit posting :)

yes a few other anons and I have been memeing Baudrillard with success. Read Baudrillard you faggots.

>implying that blind fuck hasn't been a meme for centuries
jk, paradise lost is great

Yes.

zizek mentions her all the time, are you implying you have more clout than zizek?

over 3000 posts registered in archive mentioning him, not really obscure, same goes for cioran if op is implying that he redpilled anybody on him

wow dude you're so cool you really showed these memers who's boss

>are you implying you have more clout than zizek?
on this board, yes

d-desire is mimetic?

Does this mean I can meme Merleau-Ponty into Veeky Forums fame?

Yes, but you've got to do it like this

>pick a short retarded nickname for him ("Ponty," "the Pontster," something like that)
>every so often (once a week or so) start a thread where the image is his face
>if possible, find the photo with the funniest facial expression he's ever made
>good captions: "STOP (insert whatever they were against" or "So why haven't you read the Pontster yet, Veeky Forums?"
>make sure not to overdo it or you'll get accused of spamming
>don't just rely on making your own threads: bring him up in other threads too
>don't worry too much about having real intellectual conversations about his work; ideally, you should seize on one idea of his (it's best if you can reduce it to one word) and meme it constantly. Make him the mascot for that idea.
>If he ever did anything controversial, or said anything funny, meme that too (for example, Wittgenstein beating children, Joyce loving farts, etc)
>Try to stir up some affection for him. This works good for photos which present the authors in an ideal way, and people who agree with his worldview (or think they do) will use him as a figurehead

Best of luck

Been here since the start. I remember when Turgenev > Tolstoy/Dostoevsky was a thing. You rarely see Turgenev mentioned these days.
It's mostly true, but also applies to other boards. Something to do with ignorance and being young.

I rely on this.

bump