I am American novelist and part-time entomologist Evan Dara. Ask me anything

I am American novelist and part-time entomologist Evan Dara. Ask me anything.

Who the fuck is American novelist and part-time entomologist Evan Dara?

I am He, author of The Lost Scrapbook and Easy Chain, to name a few.

Shut up Vollman

Go to bed tao

Nobody believes me huh? Too bad.

But here’s proof. My next novel, titled An Adumbration, will be released in August.

Jeff Mangum?

I don't care.

I don't believe your lies, Rupi

If this is true you should send me an advance copy Mr. Pinch.

How meta. I like it.

I don't know what necromancer brought you back, David, but if making this terrible thread was the first thing you did you should hang yourself again.

Certainly. Give me an email. I’m here for a discourse but so far I’m disappointed.

hillssllih7 at gmail

5cmrecordingsmusic at the gaymail dot mom

What are the main influences on your work?
Do you post here often?
Have you participated in any Veeky Forums-produced novels, such as L'Anomie, Hypersphere and the Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra?
Do you suck dick often?

>disappointed
first time here, huh?

When you describe things, do you prefer going bottom upwards, up to down or spiraling from the centre?
I can't even pirate your work, so you might actually be the real novelist for the first time on Veeky Forums.

I do post here often, though my participation has declined since ~2013.

Augustine is my only influence. I enjoy technical manuals on various types of gardening machinery. I am mostly a reader of non-fiction.

kek
>Widely believed to be using a pseudonym, Dara has given no interviews and has issued no photographs, and has chosen to publish his novels through his own press, Aurora

Why are you so scared of revealing your identity? I also consider working under a pseudonym, to protect my friends and family from having their personal details revealed, but I'm curious why you're so secretive.

Spiraling from the center, if I’m understanding your question correctly.

Our cultural “myth of the author” harms, and sometimes destroys, otherwise compelling works. Should I reveal myself, then my identity becomes a part of the work, but I much prefer the contemplation of my novels be entirely separate from my identity.

In fact, for the sake of integrity in art, everyone should use a pseudonym.

Cool, I feel that. But can you really write separately from your identity? Or by identity, you mean how people condense your being into something tangible? What I'm trying to say, is that some of your writing must driven by your character and your experiences, which make up your identity. So you're always going to be bound to that.

I'm always inspired by my own experiences, or emotions, and although the final product is never one-to-one, some of its DNA is my own.

The thing is, the job of a piece of fiction is projecting mirages.
You read about a character, a place or a scene and trace the faint lines given by the author as though they lead back to something, a thing from which they were spun. The author and the narrator are just a few more.

Wait, hasn't this been memed and shat on here some weeks ago?

You can’t write separately from your identity, but you can publish separately.

If so, it wasn’t me ;)

MANE IT AIN'T ON LIBGEN.
I COULDN'T READ IT IF I WANTED TO.
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS BOARD GOING TO JOKE ABOUT IT IF 90% OF US NOT AMERICANS CAN'T FUCKING READ IT.
No, really, you have absolutely no idea how bad brazillian customs are, it'd be like trying to pull a mammoth through a needle's hole.

Buy it from aurora148 dot com. It’s $12 for Christ’s sake.

BUT WHY DON'T U WANT THE GLORY???? If you have a wife I understand, but damn, if you're single? Get some artsy chick, oh man.

There is no greater glory than having a readership.

Bump

Fair enough. I like your attitude. I'm gonna read your stuff. What's the best way to buy it?

Send DFW a hi in my name

WHY THE FUCK DON'T YOU MAKE IT EASIER TO ORDER YOUR BOOKS? I'M 99% SURE YOUR SITE IS DODGY, AND THAT YOU DON'T EVEN OPERATE IT ANYMORE. ALSO, NO SHIPPING FEES ARE SHOWN. FIX THAT. AMAZON HAS THEM CHEAP BUT IM IN AUSTRALIA AND DONT WANNA SPEND DOZENS OF DOLLARS ON SHIPPING.

Do you not have access to amazon?

I just said the shipping fees are horrendous to ship to my country. Read before you respond, Dara.

Move to a better country.

>Move to a better country like Americunt
No thank you. I get everything I need here except for Amazon because Bezos is too busy being a rich cunt.

I live in France and did not intend to imply you should move to America.

bad rp