Meltdown has a place for you as a schizophrenic HIV+ transsexual chinese-latino stim-addicted LA hooker with implanted...

>Meltdown has a place for you as a schizophrenic HIV+ transsexual chinese-latino stim-addicted LA hooker with implanted mirrorshades and a bad attitude. Blitzed on a polydrug mix of K-nova, synthetic serotonin, and female orgasm analogs, you have just iced three Turing cops with a highly cinematic 9mm automatic. The residue of animal twang in your nerves transmits imminent quake catastrophe. Zero is coming in, and you're on the run.

what are some books with this kind of prose or similar themes?

Other urls found in this thread:

tacticalmediafiles.net/n5m2/texts/markdery.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Kb_wmChyqkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally nothing. Nick Land is a unique one of a kind artist-philosopher.

my Twitter desu

Reddit

i wrote a short story for Veeky Forums int his vein and the thread was deleted

I think there's hardly someone around who went to the far end of drug abuse while still sprouting minimally put-together and minimally intellectually arousing sentences, like Land did. He accelerated so hard his brain turned into goo (luckily he had time to fulfill the bio-drive and become a regular dad), and it was so intense to the point that he would probably even punch the-other-himself if he met his former self.

I guess you could try Reza Negarestani for the similar cyberpunk ambience, and Deleuze+Gattari for the word orgy. Finally, I guess Ray Brassier would be a good attempt to dwell into the underlying philosophical issues he rambles about. But none of these can individually match the overall feeling you're getting from Land single handed.

Check warosu

>NIck Land will never be your dad

alright, thanks guys

Definitely Gibson's earlier short stories and his sprawl trilogy, most notably the oft poetic prose that's packed with information and smells faintly of sadness.
A stim addicted LA hooker is the main character of his third book in the sprawl trilogy. Synthetic serotonin analogs are first mentioned, to my experience, in "The Hinterlands", a gibson short story. Turing Cops and shooting them in a cinematic fashion is from Neuromancer. The whole prose style is right on the Sterling/Gibson money, IMO.

You'd be amused by Gibson's collection of essays, 'Distrust That Particular Flavor", which has similarly written works about everything from the intricate descriptions of the handmade denim jeans of a guitarist he once knew ('Skip Spence's Jeans') to life in modern singapore ('Disneyland with the Death Penalty')

Schismatrix by Bruce Sterling is a similarly noteworthy work. It has plot(s) to speak of, but is more of a long term thought experiment running itself into the distant future of humanity. It's amazing.

Kerouac's Tristessa is close. A lot of Burroughs too.

It reminds me of a lot of criticism from the 80s-90s culture wars which we're re-running. For instance: an early analysis of Borg slashfiction
tacticalmediafiles.net/n5m2/texts/markdery.htm

Look up Bakhtin on Rabelais too. Rabelais is like Land, if Land were a genius and had been transported back to the Renaissance.

William Gibson for sure. Land references him a lot too.

How does this compare to Fanged Noumena or the Nick Land reader?

Better

>which we’re rerunning
wow killer take

Wrong.
Op, check out kenji siratori, maybe Gary Shipley might be up your alley as well.

it's not my fault i'm old, though i'll accept blame for quitting taking acid because i fully disengaged from a linear timeframe, since that allows me to still appreciate accelerationism with only occasional flashbacks and still identify its vectors.

uh, look into fanfiction or tumblr

Okay, anons were railing against Nick Land yesterday and now praising him? This has gotta be bait.

Samuel Hyde

youtube.com/watch?v=Kb_wmChyqkg

you were probably in a thread that didn't include his prose. then he's shit. it's a bit like reading nabokov for plot makes you a filthy disappointed pedo.

There's not a board-wide consensus here on whether or not he's any good

Yeah he's absolute shit as a philosopher but not a terrible speculative fiction writer

i liked neuromancer, i also read a few short stories in this vein, my favorite being "snake eyes"

It's pure Gibson. The world-weary borderline-noir pose of bitter realism, the onslaught of fictional technological jargon and portmanteaus, the overwhelming and aggressive focus on biological responses to technological manipulation. Gibson.

You ever watch one of those nature documentaries about non-mammalian life, like something that features in passing the procreation processes of insects? And then find yourself completely repulsed? It all feels so alien and yet familiar, so revolting and yet also a human behavior easily recognizable in thousands of films and cultural works, hell, even your very personal life.

And then you realize that you, a human, are in effect one such insignificant disgusting organism, a virus trying to recreate itself, a prokaryote waiting to evolve to a eukaryote.

This is the effect I get from reading Land and his most explicitly referenced literary influences, Lovecraft and Gibson. A revulsion towards my very existence as an organic being of life.

And for all the marbles - what does that actually mean?

Unironically listen to death grips

The writing styles are very different but you may want to look at this. It's the foundational text of cybernetics.