What’s the best way for a brainlet to learn complex words...

What’s the best way for a brainlet to learn complex words? I keep coming across words that I’ve never heard of or don’t know the exact definition of..

read more, look up words you dont know, do SAT/GRE/LSAT vocab practice problems

Flash cards.

Keep a notebook handy, write down any words you don't know, look them up, write down the definition. I find writing something down helps solidify it in my mind. YMMV.

Study linguistics. That will put you above seemingly all of lit because whenever it comes up nobody here knows shit about it.

dictionary & thesaurus

looking up words is one of my favorite things about reading. I could never stop using an ereader, just because of the built in dictionary. It's so good. The words you highlight are saved in a masterlist you can go back and look at, in a .txt. file.

This is what I do. Works a treat OP

haha but whyd you write it upside down?? does that help you memorize it?

>I spent most of my school time learning to write backwards
>learn how to write upside down
>hahaha
>write backwards AND upside down
>turn it around
>it's just normal now
>mfw

i hate your post and i don't really know how to respond to it :(

what book and pen

Got some channels on YouTube to recommend?

if you keep meeting them at every step you will learn the meaning. you can write down a sentence with containing the word to internalize it better

Do people actually have to memorize these words? I know 75℅ of these and I don't even read

>YouTube
The absolute state of/lit/

No just mongs like me

There there, at least your putting in the effort. Most people are content to wallow in their ignorance.

*You're
Sorry I'm phoneposter

Me too. But don’t tell anyone

Learn latin greek german and french and ye olde english
Then you'll be able to know new words better than the people who wrote them wherever you encounter them
But seriously try latin first it will make a huge improvement in youre english

Keep a shitty college notebook, a pen, and a dictionary while reading. Using a computer to look up words is much faster but will divide your attention even more. Find the word and write the definition down. Writing helps you remember. If you want to look like a complete autist, say it aloud while writing it to help you remember it even better.

Good advice thanks

Thank you

Don't
Otherwhise you'll sound pedant

"difficult word" have often different meanings in different contexts. I always like to look not only at the general etymology of the word, and then at the definition and the meaning of it within the text that I'm reading.

>I don't even read
what?

I avoid reading fiction and longer works whenever possible. I just lurk here.

It was bait, babe.

>75℅
Jesus you must be a retard. I knew like basically all of em (i don't read that much, probably more than you though kek).

Looking back, I knew all of them but perspicacious

Nope, not good enough. Maybe next time, kid.

Damn. I should probably drop out of engineering and kms

Indubitably old chum

>drop out of engineering
well this should have been on your mind before we had this little chat.

You probably have a really high IQ then. I'm 133 and I knew all but 1 or 2.

Ebooks have a built in dictionary

knowing complex words is worthless except to impress brainlets, dont owrry about it at all

>133
Kekkedy kek. What an dunce