We all agree that he's the GOAT, right?

We all agree that he's the GOAT, right?

No

Yes

Anything I should know before jumping into brothers karamazov?

Best insight is in book 3 chapter 6, the Grand Inquisitor section is overrated, all in all dank book

He was a hack with Geschwind syndrome.

Dmitri’s book is intense as fuck, you might wanna read that in one sitting

that's not faulkner or joyce

russian

No

He's pretty good. Maybe not the absolute GOAT, but certainly up there.

le college freshman face

anglos aren’t human

Breaking: Veeky Forums declares Dostoevsky “the GOAT”. Full coverage in our special evening news segment today.

>le stinky farty joyce face

LOL Russians are literally white negroids. Serf mindsets

His characters are great, his descriptions are functional and the dialogues and interactions between characters can be both very funny and very sad.
I have one major gripe with his long novels tho. Because most of them were published as a series on a paper some chapters feel too lazy, specially in C&P where he ends up chapters with a literal “But they stopped talking because someone entered the room. Find out next week who that mysterious gentleman might be” and the next chapter and almost always after a few long parts where a lot of things happen he starts by making a rundown on ehat happened before, which in its original format might have been good but reading it without stopping between chapters really gets annoying

calling anglos subhuman to defend a slav? are you being unironic? christ man

He’s not even the GOAT Russian.

That title goes to Tolstoy of course.

I've read a good deal of both and it's really fucking close. I think Tolstoy is a superior artist but Dostoevsky is a superior psychologist, both are very excellent in the department of philosophic exploration in their works. I'd be hard pressed to choose between the two, so I won't. I think that Russia may have the best novelists ever though.

pushkin*

It was supposed to have a sequel (some anons say a trilogy); but fyodor died like a year after writing it

there was going to be a sequel about Aliosha and in the book is also mentioned that the future story of Ivan and Katerina Ivanovna *could* be for another book

I'd like to have a word with you