Why should I read this AIDS-riddled pseud when Engels preemptively btfo'd his conception of power in Anti-Dühring?

Why should I read this AIDS-riddled pseud when Engels preemptively btfo'd his conception of power in Anti-Dühring?

Engels isn't great, but neither is Foucault. I'd say give him a read if for no other reason than to understand how to debate his disciples.

Am I right to assume he held the primacy of "power" over economics? Will I get anything out of his lectures on biopower if I disagree with this basic idea?

Foucault is just nietzsche for gay people

>Am I right to assume he held the primacy of "power" over economics?

How could it be otherwise. All the money in the world can't save you if I want to beat you over the head with a stick

>All the money in the world can't save you if I want to beat you over the head with a stick
Money can buy me a fucking tank.

Yeah but you can only assert your ownership of the tank through power.

And where else would I get that power from if not from weapons? And where do those come from? Doesn't even the possibility of the exertion of power by one individual over another already presuppose a certain level of economical development?

A few of his works are fine such as Discipline and Punish: The Birth of the Prison.

>Doesn't even the possibility of the exertion of power by one individual over another already presuppose a certain level of economical development?

No you fucking idiot. Hence how people get mugged by poor niggers

Do those poor niggers mug people by the use of some abstract "power" they possess or by the fact that they have knives or guns and their victims don't? Did those knives and guns materialise out of nothing or are they the result of a production process?

Lotsa sources of power.
Besides, production is automatically an exertion of power over nature.
This discussion is cancer desu, 'my abstract concept is better than yours'.

Man is part of nature. Also how is the production of weapons an abstract concept and not a material reality?

inb4 reality don't real

>Also how is the production of weapons an abstract concept

There's no such thing as a "weapon", there is no such action as " production".
These are both abstract concepts no different than power
You're a fucking retard pseud and need to shut up

So reality don't real it is then. Next time you get mugged by those niggers you talked about you can just tell them their shivs are abstract concepts and see how that works out.

>things are abstractions only when I say so

Ok babby Marxist time for bed time

just read Agamben

He's actually the only reason I'm even thinking about reading Foucault. Will I get him if I don't?

how about i assert it from within my fucking tank, faggot

what if you get mugged by a really tall, really jacked poor ex-hockey player who doesn't need any weapons to beat you within an inch of your life?

>Next time
hilarious!

>There's no such thing as a "weapon", there is no such action as " production".
>These are both abstract concepts no different than power
Is this really the kind of garbage your AIDS-ridden faggot from France taught you?

>pomo vs marxists flame
Wtf is happening to this board

Right on schedule, user. All according to the dialectic kiekaku. You're gonna love the next antithesis.

I'm gonna love when it negates itself

Not an argument

Back on topic now, if i were to read one book by this dope, what should it be to "get" his position?

A hockey player like that would be strong through professional training provided by a private sporting club, usually owned by a millionaire. It took money from other parts of society (production, shares, advertising, etc.) to be able to fund that hockey player's form and physique.

That isn't necessarily true at all, he could have been jacked before he got selected

>commie is exposed for being anti-biology once again

if this is honestly your argument then please stop wasting my precious oxygen

Not him, but you need a certain economic position in society to not starve, and then another one to eat enough to be muscular.

You really don't, you see tons of hoodrat niggers that are built like high hell. Yeah sure they got to eat something but the point is economic position and power in any given situation are not mutually exchangable
Foucault writes that power similar to field theory, its not a function of a single static measurement but a constantly shifting and mutually counter-exerting field of agents which Marxists (though not Marx himself) hate because they're dimwits need to see everything in terms of master and slave rather than the far more complex reality