What will i miss, if i don't read books written by woman?

What will i miss, if i don't read books written by woman?

It depends on the quality of the books.

nothing.

Nothing that will compare to the brilliant and insightful discussion that will surely occur in this thread

niggers tongue my anus

Uncle Tom's Cabin
Harry Potter
Can't think of anything else I enjoyed

Thinking back, the female writers I enjoyed wrote children's books, so you wouldn't be able to read Enid Blyton to your children.

"A man's women folk, whatever their outward show of respect for his merit and authority, always regard him secretly as an ass, and with something akin to pity. His most gaudy sayings and doings seldom deceive them; they see the actual man within, and know him for a shallow and pathetic fellow. In this fact, perhaps, lies one of the best proofs of feminine intelligence, or, as the common phrase makes it, feminine intuition. The mark of that so-called intuition is simply a sharp and accurate perception of reality, an habitual immunity to emotional enchantment, a relentless capacity for distinguishing clearly between the appearance and the substance. The appearance, in the normal family circle, is a hero, magnifico, a demigod. The substance is a poor mountebank."

"This shrewd perception of masculine bombast and make-believe, this acute understanding of man as the eternal tragic comedian, is at the bottom of that compassionate irony which paces under the name of the maternal instinct. A woman wishes to mother a man simply because she sees into his helplessness, his need of an amiable environment, his touching self delusion."

"That ironical note is not only daily apparent in real life; it sets the whole tone of feminine fiction. The woman novelist, if she be skillful enough to arise out of mere imitation into genuine self-expression, never takes her heroes quite seriously. From the day of George Sand to the day of Selma Lagerlof she has always got into her character study a touch of superior aloofness, of ill-concealed derision. I can't recall a single masculine figure created by a woman who is not, at bottom, a booby."

well for one thing you'll miss probably the best novel ever written in english
you don't sound very bright though so it probably won't matter

Do you Brits have anything, besides Harry Potter, that you are proud of?

Frankenstein

er, wut?

You'd be missing out on one of the best books ever written. Pic unrelated I fucking hate J.K. Rowling. It's Wuthering Heights. One of my top ten.

How about looking at what's written instead of who wrote it?

Haha, well memed my friend.

Woolf is pretty good, good enough to where I'd say you're losing something

Well writers write what they know and women know how to be children more than anything else.

>implying Stephen Fry isn't a national treasure

My Antonia and Kristin Lavransdattar

absolutely nothing

The next step is to never read books by men influenced by women. In this case maybe you can stick with the saints and desert fathers, but be warned, some of them might have talked to a woman for an extended periode of time in their life, so it's not an easy commitment to stay away from succubi. Maybe you can start respecting women instead.

Joan Didion.
>Frankenstein.
>Jane Eyre.

>yfw this is actually biologically true

>middlemarch
the best novel in english
this is such a tiresome meme. it's ludicrous. In no way does this novel even remotely near the heights of Moby Dick.

>thinking Harry Potter is one of the best books ever written

Read your own damn posts next time, pleb. It sucks, like you said. Fuck you for not agreeing with yourself.

>moby dick
>heights

Women you must read:
>Jane Austen
>Emily Bronte
>Emily Dickinson

Women it won't hurt to read:
>Charlotte Bronte
>George Eliot
>Sylvia Plath
>Joan Didion
>Camille Paglia

You'd miss out on the biggest red pills out there.

Women who probably were godlike must-reads but of whom only about five fragments totalling half-a-paragraph survive:
>Sappho

>not a single non-anglo
>not a single non-highschool-curriculum
>paglia

missing Flannery O'Connor

She's a fun loony, but she doesn't deliver any red pills that you won't find elsewhere.

name a book better than Moby Dick

Yeah, well, it wasn't supposed to be exhaustive. Flannery O Connor is worth reading, as is Eudora Welty.

You can have Isaak Dinesen if you want a non-Anglosphere.

>it wasn't supposed to be exhaustive
>paglia
Nice one, based pede.

Benito Cereno