I haven't been on Veeky Forums in a while. Who is Nick Land and why is he a meme?

I haven't been on Veeky Forums in a while. Who is Nick Land and why is he a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fiaWsgtJrNI
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp5qeX6hx6Q&t=218s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd tell you but our flesh is limited

I H A V E N ' T B E E N O N / L I T / I N A W H I L E . W H O I S N I C K L A N D A N D W H Y I S H E A M E M E

are we /post-land/ ?
have we gone beyond land (with no going back)?

for how long were you gone user he has been a meme for a while now

Neoreactionary memelord

Official chronology of memesters on Veeky Forums: DFW -> Stirner -> Zizek -> Land -> Peterson

Can't believe we've gone from actual intellectuals to self help retards like Peterson

He wants money to do weed, and probably cocaine.

idk like a year or two

some nrx bloke living in east asia

>nrx
ew what the fuck. y'all are better than this

Nick Land is an accelerationist who believes in, among other things, the encroachment of the future into the past, and that capitalism is an extension of future AI hegemony into the past and therefore sentient in a sense.

>ew
>y'all
you need to leave

give me a better plural you

you can have my dick in your mouth instead

I thought you wanted me to leave

the actual memester of Veeky Forums currently is guenon. peterson is just a smokescreen to conceal this fact from the uninitiated

But... how does the future encroach into the past? Via what mechanism?

that doesn't sound too bad, but it completely depends on how feminine it is

Not sure. It's hard to tell whether or not he's being literal. If it's a metaphor then it's a description of how emergent patterns in markets tend to presage later social structures that are entirely at odds with preceding ones. Capitalism cannibalizes itself. If it's literal then he's probably just insane.

I think you're right, Peterson threads leak sometimes but they're still their own world, like /sffg/

youtu.be/fiaWsgtJrNI

Stuff like this makes him a meme. I really enjoy it as an avant garde art piece, but still pretty memey

>pretty memey
What did he mean by this?

That nothing human will make it out of the near future.

greyhound lookin nigga

previous thread:

>why is he a meme?
he is possible the strognest advocate for capitalism that lived and lives. Also a strong pessimist and he outsmarted everybody in his uni.

Also videos like these (starts at 3:28)
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp5qeX6hx6Q&t=218s

Land lay behind the stage, flat on the floor (a ‘snake-becoming’ forming the first stage of bodily destratification), croaking enigmatic invocations intercut with sections from Artaud’s asylum poems. In this delirious vocal telegraphy, meaning seemed to disintegrate into sheer phonetic matter, melting into the cut-up beats and acting directly on the subconscious. As Land began to speak in his strange, choked-off voice (perhaps that ‘absurdly high pitched ... tone ... ancient demonists described as ‘silvery,’ which he later reports being taunted by),3 the disconcerted audience begin to giggle; the demon voice wavered slightly until Land’s sense of mission overcame his momentary self-consciousness; and as the ‘performance’ continued the audience fell silent, eyeing each other uncertainly as if they had walked into a funeral by mistake. Embarrassment was regarded by Land as just one of the rudimentary inhibitions that had to be broken down in order to explore the unknown – in contrast to the forces of academic domestication, which normalised by fostering a sense of inadequacy and shame before the Masters, before the edifice of what is yet to be learnt.

This is correct

so do I not find a single "guenon" thread in the archives?

It's on the hidden Veeky Forums. Clearly you haven't been properly initiated. Please close this tab and never return.

If he wants to be a good Deleuzian then it must be literal.

but where does teddy fit in here?

Deleuzean conception of time is somewhat Kantian so things that exist in the noumenal realm can theoretically time travel because the linear nature of time is only in our minds

What does the "k" prefix mean?

keta m e m e

roorrry

Is it true that he was invited to leave Warwick after a performance where he pretended to be a slug?

ur a fag lol