Have any of you read any occultists? What did you think of the experience

Have any of you read any occultists? What did you think of the experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NugrV09olLw&t=356s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, I'm redpilled

I've read extensively of the occult. It's not always easy to understand. I tend towards chaos magick, which is very sensible to me.

Blavatsky: interesting, controversial, kind of hard to prove with any facts but still worth a read
Crowley: way too edgy, loser druggie, tryhard
Paracelsus: legit god tier, brainlets will never understand true purpose of alchemy
Kyablion: mindfuck
973ehtnamuh: supermindfuck
Manly P Hal: great self-help, debatabley better than Peterson
Papyrus of Ani: repetitive but gives the impression the Kangs really knew about the afterlife

I have and I guarantee you it is a waste of your time and energy.

Was it a waste of your time and energy?

>not being green pilled

you're a fag

Yes, but it was not until I was already down the rabbit hole that I had this realization.

not this guy but yeah it really is, you're never going to get a clear answer about what you're looking for. The "Occultists" are all over the place and contradict each other all the time. and the info is pretty fucking useless

STEMfag tries to do something... and his autism doesn't let him.

And what did you believe before going down the rabbit hole, and while deep inside it, before your realisation?

I tried to get a copy of the Magical Revival by Kenneth Grant but holy fuck is it expensive.

Everything except the weed smoking. Should I just kill myself?

Because the "occult" is merely a blanket statement covering many different schools of the esoteric. You can wither follow an Eastern Path, Hermeticism, or just use little snippets of occult practice like meditation, or astral projection. The sad fact is that the occult just won't work for certain people.

I feel like you've just read The Secret Teachings of All Ages and decided you knew everything there was to know.

no im this guy i read all of these, i just grew out of it as i got older

How "far" down this "rabbit hole" did you go down? Did you actually join an organization like The Rosicrucian Order?
How do you reckon the Freemason's influence if the occult is a waste of time and energy?

why are you putting "rabbit hole" in quotations? Occult is by definition a rabbit hole, even the greatest occultists die still trying to find meaning in it. And anyone claiming to know all of the secrets is lying

I've been reading about David Bowie's time in Berlin in the 70s, and how he got into a Fraternal Organization that worships Saturn, whose Sex Magick rituals were unlike any other. It's all very interesting.

Explore OP. Franz Bardon is a good start. He was the occultist the Nazis took a particular interest in during WWII (read Gravity's Rainbow, you'll find out all about the War's Secret Occult Practices) to help with the war effort.

Hard Red Pill: Reality is completely malleable as its all sound; all eddies in the current of the Aether; and you can tune yourself to its pitch, and partake in the Astral Weaving that can unfurl from your face.
These Occult Orders really do control the world.

>even the greatest occultists die still trying to find meaning in it

holy sound the charlatan alarm!

embarrassing

exactly

Thanks
You know what you are talking about

Ima copy this list you made, got any specific recomendations if Im interest in the cycle of humanity and the individual?

The New Atlantis by Francis Bacon

>Hard Red Pill: Reality is completely malleable as its all sound;
Is there a spell for making me more attactive in tinder type apps?

squats, get someone to take your pic for you

>squats
Why would i need a bigger ass?

its works all your muscles dingo

Because it's all mental masturbation. Occult writings may sound wise and deep if read in a vacuum but any quick search on their modern legacies will show embarrassing results that "occultists" try to rationalize with feeble no true scotsman appeals. Theosophists were dead wrong about Krishnamurti and Crowley was dead wrong about the Aeon of Horus. At one point you start wondering that all these hidden masters and secret adepts aren't really in hiding; they just don't exist.

Are you eighteen or something? So you've read maybe three books, watched some videos, and now you think you know everything there is to know?

You make me laugh to be honest. You're about as close to a fedoralord rn than you'll ever be

To squat a big number you need a strong back and core. But generally start lifting. Do lots of pulls, squats, and presses.

Crowley was right
so were the discordians
ironically, so was /pol/ right up until the election

>it's just too deep for you, you need to read more bullshit to understand it

Show me one instance where the world we live in in is any different from a world where occultism isn't real.

>bro just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They are just invisible undetectable manifestations, but they are still there!

Magick is real, the catch is you have to actually believe it will work in order for it to work, it's part of the willing/synchronicity-utilizing. There's frankly many different ways to utilize the power of your own will and the gift of boons from occult sources like gods, nature spirits, guardians, and any established magickal order or school is just chaos magick that has developed into an established path. Be careful with what you wish for though, magick can be very dangerous, and many go crazy in the process.

Then why did he die broke and penniless, his supposedly world changing religion now a slowly dying fad?

Can you stop shitting up this thread? You're no better than people who try to position themselves above religion. Yeah, we get it: you're smarter than traditions dating back to before the Great Flood! Yay! Now go run along!

>you need to fool yourself into believing it works in order for your fooled disposition to believe it works
Occultists are mentally ill.

Stop shitting up this thread.
Why are you so angry?

Because these are questions that demand answers. When you make sweeping claims like occultists do and then reality doesn't face up to those claims, just sweep it under the rug? Does it matter if Besant is enjoyable to read when her organization was blatantly wrong about the next World Teacher?

You're being irrational and confrontational.
A mind like yours doesn't deserve to be anywhere near any serious occult practice.
No one on his site is really mature enough at all.

I hope you can come to terms with your anger towards the world.

I'm so confused by how accurate this is in describing my worst qualities and by how good it feels to be called once gifted. I'm guessing these have something to do with each other but I'm just not quite sure what....

>muh argument from authority

he stopped being right when he died

Smoke a joint, and then kill yourself.

Evasive as always. Sorry to crush your bubble with a reality check. Enjoy your larping.

You've already made up your mind.

Really though. Do you really believe the higher echelons of society are free from occult practices? Do you not know anything about Talmudic Judaism? Masonic aims for society? How do you reconcile the proliferation of Masons in the last thirty years? Is your reality really that cloistered and matter of fact? Are you a STEMfag?

Oh god you're one of those tinfoil types.

>reality check
anyone who utters this phrase is usually a fat incel with literally nothing going on for them in their life, so they resort to pontificating about matters which they know nothing about, and using their wicked skepticism to remain ever in control.

how does it feel being a faggot?

Oh, you're a fucking retard! Makes sense!
How much of a normie are you? Are you a shitposter? A shill? I have no idea!

Interesting response.
OP I've read Kybalion and Manly P. Hall.
Both of them are worth reading.

I liked Manly P. Hall's commentary on the various texts. I'm not sure if he's right or misleading, but his main point was that the occult are secret teachings for enlightenment and spiritual elevation. Using the arcana for personal gains is evil.
It makes me think that all the secret societies people talk about are perversions of the original teachings, something Hall also talks about.

The Kybalion is a mindfuck and worth the $5 on Amazon. They are either the best larpers in history or actually knew.

You sound upset. Maybe you should do the LBRP.

there's really no excuse to know nothing about freemasonry in this day and age, user.
you're blue-pilled as fuck, holy shit. go back to watching anime or something lmao

I get it! You've read Crowley, and you're upset that he got to fuck super hot bitches, so now you just shitpost in every thread.

>user is angry that someone meme'd him into reading Crowley, and the red herring Crowley initially wanted worked, guiding plebs like this away from the Rosicrucian Gregorian Chants that open the Sky Ladder that Baphomet descends from

Low IQ plebs should not get into the occult. Manly P Hall literally says idiots aren't allowed. It won't work for them. Extradimensional beings decide who they manifest for.

So instead of occultists you read chicken farmers who read occultists?

>nutriding crowley this hard
Why would I be jealous of a sodomite? I'm just confused because Christianity is still going strong and Thelema is pretty much dead, when Crowley said the opposite would happen.

Read Fossil Angels for a true red pill.

A brief list of people whom the occult interested.

Shakespeare
>All his plays contain clues to his interest in Rosicrucianism and the plight for Eternal Life
Joyce
>Fineganns Wake is again an allegory for man's inner journey to adepthood, which entails Eternal Life... also notice the circular structure, the Ouroboros
Thomas Pynchon
>Need say more. All his books deal with occult topics in one way or another. GR deals with the occult side of WWII, which all parties partook in to aid the war effort; The Vrill Society was responsible for the foo fighter saucers Allied bombers saw. Against The Day deals heavily in neoplatonist occultism, and even features famous Occultist Nikola Tesla as a character

Of course Thelema is dead you fucking idiot. It was meant to die. You think too much about Crowley. I don't even like him.

You do realize Hermeticism is still alive and well, right? You do realize Thelema is just a retard-friendly version of it, yeah? You do realize The United States is a Hermetic nation, with its high-ranking officials practitioners? The Temple Of Set is one of the ways to gain speedy access to DC's circle. It always struck me odd that Wikipedia just recently deleted Micheal Aquinas' article.

When anyone talks of the "Secret Babylonian Religion" they're talking of Hermeticism.

Aquino*

In fact Franz Kafka, a very famous Kabbalist, may have dealt the world a heavy blow with his famous egregore he unleashed on the world: Gregor Samsa!

Get it? Spelling is literal spells! We're all Gregors now!

wtf I'm a Gregor now

>Because these are questions that demand answers.
You seemingly don't understand that you've a prescriptive bias as to how a question must and must not be answered: there are things in this world that won't ever fall in line with the trappings of logical positivism, they must be experienced. Now you can balk incredulous and claim that this is proof positive as to them not existing or you can take up the challenge to openly and earnestly try to understand them through different means. The choice is yours. The funny part is that your myopic modernist dismissal of anything outside the purview of logical positivism is only tacit admission as to how spiritually atrophied you are.

Word salad! You're not even saying anything!

> there are things in this world that won't ever fall in line with the trappings of logical positivism, they must be experienced

This is a choice thing to say in the internet age! Kant would flip his grill over you!

Fucking stem those adjectives, holy moly. You're writing like someone with a huge stick up your ass!

A shitton of great figures were influenced by the occult and mysticism -- Goethe (a Freemason, had some contact with/interest in Rosicrucian ideas, Faust is full with tons of mystical and occult references), Newton (believed in alchemy, obsessed with old esoteric and alchemical texts, his forays into science were driven by a belief that God had fashioned everything purposefully and logically) , Leibniz was also obsessed with alchemy, Shakespeare has seeming references to Rosicrucianism in his works, the birth of the American and French Revolutions were heavily influenced and fomented within and inspired by Freemason lodges and Masonic ideas, with much of famous American imagery being Masonic in character, and people like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, and the Marquis de Lafayette all being Masons. WB Yeats was part of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and generally obsessed with occultism, mysticism, and esotericism. Jung, an incredibly influential figure (even if you think he's wacky and disproved) was obviously very influenced by and interested in esotericism, particularly Gnosticism and alchemy.

The fucking foundations of Western literature and thought, Aristotle and Plato, were both evidently influenced by the religious mysteries and occultic orders of their day, as with the Eleusinian Mysteries, with Plato famously writing "As they say in the mysteries, 'Many carry the thyrsus, few become Bacchants'", and Aristotle supposedly being expelled from them for uttering one of their secrets and speaking against them.

Besides that, in the Middle Eastern Muslim world, almost all of the great and most famous Muslim poets renowned around the world were Sufis, Sufism abounding with esoteric and seemingly occultic order. Sufi philosophy and imagery united and inspired poets/scholars like Hafiz, Fariduddin of Attar, Rumi, Saadi, Ibn Arabi, el Ghazzali, Hakim Sanai, and Jami, these characters ranging in the dates they lived from for hundreds of years, and all their literature being connected with common Sufi themes, images, and ideas. Sufism, a seemingly occult/esoteric branch of Islam, arguably inspired poets and scholars to produce some of the best literature of the Middle East and world in general.

It doesn't matter if you don't believe in occultism. The fact that many other great figures believe in it and have been influenced by it, and the fact that their thought and works are some of the most important monuments in history and have influenced the minds of many others --- this alone makes occultism something real in the effects it has had.

>Word salad! You're not even saying anything!
I know. I'm an oldfag who has been studying this for a while, and I aint sharing nay-than wit u. All of you kids demand gnosis offered up on a platter. You don't want to work for anything. Shit, you don't even want to go about sublimating your rampant incredulity so you can even BEGIN to do so. No one owes you anything, mate. Keep laughing from the benches.

>spiritually atrophied

And what exactly does that mean to you?

>old timer can't make DMT so he does it the hard way

The Gnome Archons are cool.
Keep up, gramps!

Also as this user mentions which I looked over stupidly , James Joyce and Thomas Pynchon. Joyce also has references to Masonry, Theosophy and Hermeticism, particularly to The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn I just mentioned Yeats was in, from what I remember, in Ulysses.

It just seems fishy that whenever occultists make claims that border on being empirically testable, they are dead wrong. Perhaps they should stay adrift in the foggy banks of subjective experience and vague metaphors where there is no way of being proven wrong.

>haha you won't limit yourself to my anemic epistemology you are so stupid and crazy
I bet you think prayer is just an emotional salve too. Keep being too modern and enlightened for poor old Gramps..

So study numerology Greek style?

"Gnosis" is merely a drug trip. Ophite Gnostics literally slaughter children, drain their blood, the blood oxidizes, creates andrenochrome, and the initiate drinks it, creating an intense high in the same realm as DMT, if stronger.
Collective thought forms manifest during these rituals, as the rituals are in place to hit beats in the human subconscious, to get everyone involved in roughly the same brain frequency. This is what the elites do. This is the basis of all Abrahamic religions.

Believe me or not. I know this much to be true. This information comes at a heavy price. I kind of wish I never went down the occult paths. I have great nostalgia over my older, innocent worldview.

Why do Rabbis suck the wound of circumcision? It's real. Look it up.

I didn't know David Icke posted on Veeky Forums.

Did I wonder onto a YouTube video comment section?

>This is what the elites do. This is the basis of all Abrahamic religions.
Citation needed

and the shills come

so fast now too. literally every single time. sorry for revealing 33rd degree secrets... not really tho
second renaissance is coming

>people react strongly to the crazy shit I say on the internet, thus they are shills

All I know is sigil magic is real, its fucking real man. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it'll give you what you want and then it'll show you the consequences of 1) having wished for that in the first place 2) fucking around with magic

>ritually jerking off onto a piece of paper
Occultists are mentally ill.

"magic is real"

Ok, can you at least shoot a fireball from your hand without fuel? No? Sorry bruh I'm not interested in buying your book.

>and the shills come
You can't see that you've turned so paranoid you've become tyrannical in your own right. Imagine writing off all the experiences of all the adapts, saints and seekers in every Abrahamic religion because there is evil in the world. You would look at someone like St. John and write him off as an elite psyop victim? It doesn't make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=NugrV09olLw&t=356s

nice dubs
magic is definitely fake but the psychological effects of believing fake things (or seducing others into believing it) are real enough
you can read crowley like an early genre-fiction author if you reeaaaaly want to

never ever buy books though that's retarded

>YouTube-commenter tier guy actually posts YouTube videos in response to his assertions
Pottery.

Not embracing the horror

This. There's nothing wrong with being a fideist and embracing a belief in magic and fairytales as a means to relieve despair and stave off suicide.

it's like I'm reading Umineko again!

>magic is definitely fake
Incredibly wealthy people know that it isn't fake. Incredibly poor people know that it isn't fake. Yet somehow it's always the middle to upper-class that convince themselves that their empty materialistic notions are all that there is. There is a saying that goes "millionaires don't believe in astrology, but billionaires do".

t. shill

>There is a saying that goes "millionaires don't believe in astrology, but billionaires do".
That's a nice quote, when did you first make it?

Nice strawmen.

You're right I made it all up you got me. Life is back to normal now. It was just a silly ruse.

No, Occult circles were just honeypots created by intelligence services. Crowley especially was nothing more than a spy

they killed millions of sulphurs to create billions of gold

Occultist L. Ron Hubbard was sent by the CIA to fuck occultist Jack Parson's wife and steal his boat.

There is definitely some good stuff in there.

dude the clearest view is atop of your dead selves lmao
>100 pages of egyptian nonsense and chakra quantum pseudoscience

whats so special aboyut the kybalion? what can i get from it?

There are certain subjects that must be studied to fully develop a well rounded understanding of the western occult tradition: alchemy, Kabbalah, tarot, mythology, philosophy, comparative religion, shamanism, etc.

You will gradually start to see parallels and overlap in different systems of thought and that will help guide your studies.

The mystical experience is 100% real; that I can assure you. When the student is ready the teacher will appear. If you seek, you will find. This is not an endeavor to take lightly... It is a life long quest. You have to build your discipline in all areas of life with the general goal being detachment from worldliness in the pursuit of spiritual ascension. You will be tested and challenged and it is a very difficult road, I’m not going to lie, and I’ve had many failures myself.

I began self-educating myself in the esoteric sciences and occult tradition by reading Manly Hall and Joseph Campbell books. Then some Carl Jung and Israel Regardie etc. Start with whatever interests you most. Blavatsky, Crowley, Agrippa, Mathers, A.E Waite, John Dee, Eliade, etc are all names very relevant to the discussion as well.

The “exoteric” is not to be discounted either as a familiarity of say, bible stories, will help unlock understanding for you as well.

There’s much to learn and no time to waste. It took me 5 years of continuous study (granted, I got a BA and MA in unrelated subjects during that time) to really get a decent grasp on everything.

Good luck and never stop seeking truth and self-improvement. If you have any questions or want me to expand further into specifics, then just reply.

>seemingly occultic order. Sufi philosophy an
Occult reading as hermeneutic practice is valuable. Northern Shia isn't Arabist, but reified indo-Persian/Aryan. Tracing the different origins/strains of Gnosticism (Persian, Greek, Abrahamic, Assyrian ...) takes one down different paths.
>that said, there's enough chicanery and bullshit to sift through you may as well go another way