Was he a coward?

Was he a coward?

Takes a certain amount of courage to kill yourself, wouldn't you say so? Sort of the ultimate blend of courage and cowardice

>Takes a certain amount of courage to run away from your problems and create new ones for others
no

why is he crouching like that

Bill Clinton

the melon pose

He's flexing his status as the foremost literary mind of his generation. It's a power stance, a demonstration to lesser individuals of an approachable, casual attitude, but still letting them know that his cold and indomitable intellect is ready to spring to life and cut them to pieces at only the slightest provocation. You may take drink at the House of Wallace, but be wary

Slavic heritage

He's preparing to transition from defense mode to attack mode.

>Bill Clinton
>AK thuggin

I acknowledged that there is cowardice in suicide. Certainly there is a lot of it. But I don't think you can argue against the idea that there is courage in it as well. It takes courage to purposefully die, no matter what your motives are. Death is the ultimate unknown, for one thing. We go our whole lives hearing stories about how death might involve punishment for sins in this life. Even the most dedicated atheist might be made nervous by these stories. And if you're an atheist, it might be even worse, because most people are frightened by the idea of being obliviated. Not to mention that dying usually involves a certain amount of pain, and that you're going against so many deeply embedded instincts when you embrace death, and plus it could even be said that it takes courage to do something so selfish if you aren't a complete sociopath, no matter how bad selfishness itself might be.

No, he was an hero.

that's the pose u take when it's picture day in prison, the shitty polaroids they use are too shitty to look good if u standing up so u crouch to take more of the frame, why not just take a close up of ur face? cuz u wanna show u gettin swole, but u also need to show ur shoes to show u still got em, punks get their shit jacked, u dont wanna take a prison pic with state flipflops, maybe the white squares in the background are supposed to an allusion to the white cinderblocks in the back of prison photos, dfw is an angsty enough bitch to tell himself that being a world famous wealthy author is like being in prison, either that or it was a embarrassing attempt to appear hip like when he wrote an essay on rap

In regards to his suicide? Probably not, because he was mentally ill

imagine how important his insight would be right now, about all the new movements, peterson, postmodernism etc...

people kill themselves and have no fucking clue how 2 yrs later, 5 yrs, 10 yrs will be completely different

you will do things and be places you cant imagine

upvote this one lad

yeah that's what i always think about when i think about suicide, once ur dead time goes to infinite and you can't even imagine the shit that could happen, personally i think dfw would have been some kind of nevertrump "sensible" republican who reluctantly supports hillary, you know, the most safe boring position possible

>it takes a certain amount of courage to end your current life with the risk of passing into nothingness/postmortal infernal universe and endure through strangling premortal pain with the risk of failing and ending up brain-damaged unable to finish off for the rest of your life
yes

>people kill themselves and have no fucking clue how 2 yrs later, 5 yrs, 10 yrs will be even worse than they could have imagined

Yes he killed himself. Also extremely selfish.

extremely shellfish*

just might kill myself over this pun

This might be the most Reddit fucking post I've ever seen. Kys.

>Suicides are cowardly
Wrong.
>Suicides are selfish
Not selfish enough to continue enjoying life, though

Courage against self-inflicted pain isn't courage, mate.

>Also extremely selfish.
Doesn't this imply that death is a very good thing and that living is not? What a stupid thing to say.

*drowns you*

>doesn't understand why people kill themselves
kys

t. brainlets

I recently picked up infinite jest, never read it before. I'm 400 pages in and this shit is so boring I can't stand it

this
i used to think this when i was young manbut now im older and well
this

have you seen his interviews? he's a fucking goon

HATE this normalfag meme.

Only 90s kids will understand

>"nevertrump"
>"sensible republican"

pickOne

Literally why

I liked it, user. Puns are for evolved minds

I appreciate his eccentric style and way of writing/speaking, however, something about him really turns me off. Reminds me of a guy I knew who had a very similar face, wore glasses like that who liked to think he was super profound and preach about shit like you hear in this is water but was really a sociopath. Maybe I'm totally wrong lmao but there's just something off about the guy that rubs me the wrong way.

I don't remember who wrote the article talking about how weird it is for us to consider DFW a peaceable guru type of figure ("St. Dave" was the term, I think), and how it totally misses the point of him as an author and a public figure. I really like him, I think his interviews are great, but yeah the dude had some problems.

>Was he a coward?
cyka blyat wat u saying?

its not a meme at all it takes no courage to opt out early, killing yourself slowly is a noble cause

muh man knows a fun time when he sees one

is that lobster in reddit form

It's "vodka" with a solid "v" by the way.

yes, but is pronounced "w". is a joke.

Fuck off retard

Was he even sincere?

tfw thats all you do.
not long left for me

He was stupid for kyssing himselfing

Other anons got to you already but I gotta say I hate this shit too, killing yourself is fucking crazy you have to have balls

No, it only takes a moment of desperate recklesness from a cowardly character.

It was okay to be honest, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for a funny picture.

I think this, but I also think he saved himself. I mean, he just managed to dodge facebook before it became universally used.

Let's not even talk about what his reaction to Trump would have been, although I would love to see him rip that cunt apart with words.

Hail Caesar

>he hasn't read Infinite Jest
>he doesn't know Wallace predicted Trump 20 years before he was elected president

he wasn't a coward he just suffered from a specific kind of stupidity that plagues smart people who try to relate to fucking retards

So drugs are okay? Just as long as I live to a reasonable age of course.

not that guy but drugs take a certain courage, the courage that you might fuck up your mind and it will never return