How does one translate a love for reading into a capital gain?

How does one translate a love for reading into a capital gain?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2014/jan/17/writers-earn-less-than-600-a-year
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Video essays

isn't that the pedophile author of that one samurai manga?

read stuff about how to do stuff that people pay other people money to do

but that requires talent

No it doesn't

reading a book about something doesnt make you an expert on how to actually do that job

You don't need to be an expert

reading makes you appear intelligent if you're doing it right. if you appear intelligent, you will be more likely to get a good job in an interview or something. it's more of a passive benefit

read outside of your native language and teach/translate

i've done that with english and life is p comfy

No, DFW never wrote manga.

Read crypto currency White papers and invest in shitcoins

can I do this at 22 if Ive hardly studied a language

>thinking anything is keeping you from doing anything you want when you’re 22 assuming you don’t have felonies or kids

wow thanks im gonna read that tommorow morning

theguardian.com/books/2014/jan/17/writers-earn-less-than-600-a-year

Not by writing apparently

Make platitudes about entertainment and "muh death of literature" whilst not adding to it.

this is some really high quality OC

Ironic much? /s/

... But nah, but yo, I have a page with over 27K followers... I'm already a made philosophy shitposter... can't wait to launch my book through it desu

unironic it legit made me keke user

Is that tofu topright?

This, start flipping shitcoins, easiest money you can make atm.

if you have big tits, stream yourself reading on twitch and e-beg for NEETbux

I get the lobster, Ring (JOI's Infinite Jest) and the Switch (cartridges lol) but not the tofu

I'm OP... It's Soy... I just ate a tofu stir fry, was yummy desu

>likening DFW to soyboy shit
soyboys have a shorter attention span than most women. most of them I know barely read past news articles.

What about all the technical terms, I have read parts of a white paper and didn't understand anything or the value of the proposal

How do you do it?

When it comes to the subject around reading and writing, not much money is there to be found in the first place unless you are amazing or have a lot of charisma

If you are good at reading aloud, audiobooks and radio plays are a good way.
Having a book review channel on youtube, most importantly reviewing what you are interested in and not what is popular (you want to set yourself away from everyone else, not be like them)
There's also straight up becoming an editor, as they have to do massive amounts of thorough reading all the time.

Or you could just use your reading skills to learn more about subjects and increase your skillset, your question was pretty open-ended after all.

>theguardian.com/books/2014/jan/17/writers-earn-less-than-600-a-year

Dear lord this is true.

t. published writer with a fucking national award

With great difficulty.

If it happens, it's likely to be indirect and/or accidental.

For example:

Oswald Spengler was one of the best-read men of his generation, but he lived in obscurity and poverty until he wrote a book called The Decline Of The West which just happened to get very popular (largely from people misunderstanding him, but that's another issue, hahaha).

If you like reading, you will read a lot, and this will enrich you mentally, which might perhaps translate into solid cash somewhere down the line - for example if you write a book that captures the public imagination, or you impress someone in an interview - but don't bet on it.

Are you sure this guy didn't write anime?

As an aside - in the most recent American Renaissance conference, someone asked one of the speakers (Peter Brimelow) whether he thought Trump had actually read Ann Coulter's Adios, America, and he said he very much doubted Trump ever read anything, because billionaires never have time to read anything. He thought Trump might have read the back cover :)

On the other hand, Ann Coulter obviously likes reading and does a lot of it and she has translated it into $$$, so there ya go.

Taleb actually talks about authorship quite a bit in Black Swan and Antifragile - he uses it as an example of an area where the extreme cases swamp everything else.
Most authors make little or no money but a tiny proportion of them make HUGE money.

Writing novels, as John Gardner pointed out, is a very high-risk, high-reward activity.

As for poetry, Robert Graves summed it up:

"There's no money in poetry. But then there's no poetry in money either."

He viewed himself primarily as a poet, but he wrote historical novels to support himself.

Steps to evaluating an ICO:
>1. Read Whitepaper
>2. Can you explain the coin's purpose in a couple sentences?
>3. Is blockchain technology integral to its application? Does it seem spurious?
>4. How realistic is their roadmap?
>5. Do the team members have real identities? What other projects have they been involved in? Do you trust them to meet deadlines?

ezpz now go put ur money where your balls are famo