Do they really teach this in high school now?

do they really teach this in high school now?

Not sure if they do as it wasn't released until I had already left, but if I see it on my child's curriculum when they get to that age I will change their schools.

there are probably full semester college courses on harry potter now so i wouldn't be surprised
people genuinely thought the dumbing down of america was just a meme

whats so bad about it?

i recall i had to read the Mio Cid in school. it was pretty cool.

this book wasnt really that bad at all, yeah the guys a pajeet but theres no political undertones or anything, ppretty sure the stories about cannibalism

>book version of God's Not Dead.
>no political undertones

It’s good

What will you change their schools into? I'm curiousm

You can very easily read it as ”God’s not real but it makes me feel better to think he is” as well.

Yes, I had to read it in high school.

what's wrong with it

It teaches children not to succumb to postmodernism. Pretty good.

I read it in middle school and gave it a negative review, which angered my English teacher

They are forcing kids to read Looking for Alaska in senior english at Australian Highschools

There are.

God's not Dead is great though

This book is pretty hilarious though. It extensively details his adoption of Hindu and Christian beliefs, but his Muslim conversion amounts to that the singing was pretty. Never really discusses how incompatible positions are put together, I mean, either Jesus is Christ or there is one God and his prophet is Muhammed, if you're serious about faith these don't go together.

So really is correct here.

Does it matter? Isn't the book meant to be pretty good?

Muslims believe in Jesus as Christ.

d i v e r s i t y quotas

This. Public education should be secular. I would unironically even prefer something like Harry Potter over this. If I wanted my kids to be religious I would send them to a religious school.

Harry Potter is heavily Christian moron

the absolute state of christians

What do you mean? Martel is a white dude

There's general english, english advanced, english extension 1, and english extension 2 in Australian highschools. Pls don't be vague and say shit like Looking for Alaska is being taught to all seniors.

>this
What? Life of Pi? Is it even religious? What the fuck is this book.

it got a movie

amer*cans really take it too far sometimes

I know that. But in what way is it related to secular education?

? I would move then to a different school? Are you dense?

It's not -- user is just rebelling against literature which was popularized by Hollywood being framed as worthy of inclusion in an academic curriculum.

He probably has a bookshelf full of philosophical texts he bought to impress Veeky Forums.

you're a fucking moron.
children should be provided with basic in religion anyway, just because of its historical value. My dad used to read me bible stories as a kid. Did it make me want to be christian? No. Am I super fucking glad that I have a fundamental understanding of the christian religion? You bet your fucking ass I am.

My school has one of these course. Eastern Michigan University if you want to check the website catalog. And over at University of Michigan, we have a course called Rednecks, Queers, and Country Music. The American college being shit meme isn’t a meme, it’s painfully true

>Christians dislike Harry Potter
>Rowling a Xian
>Harry sacrifices himself to save the world and is resurrected from the dead in order to kill the evil guy who looks like a snake

Yeah, but Harry Potter secularizes Christianism. I'm perfectly ok with that. I can see how in Christian stories are good moral messages. I just don't want my kids to be religious.

You should only want your children to *be* (this doesn't include being trans or something; that would be wrong).

The University of Michigan hosted a one-day event on the publication of a book called "Gender: Rednecks, Queers and Country Music."

The same professor who published that book named one of her courses after it. It's a 300-level class on identity and social status in popular culture, listed under the "American Culture" program.

Doesn't really sound that far-fetched to me.

>Christian stories are good moral messages
inhales

You forgot to put asterisks around 'inhales,' friend.

i wrote what i wanted to write in that moment, friendo

In the highschool I work at there is only OP and non-OP english for seniors, all yr 11 OP english students read the book and do an assignment on it for a whole term.

I am that user and I literally own this book. I bought it at goodwill for a dollar and never read it kek

“God doesn't worship the ground, God made the ground. And Moses is about to step near a burning bush that is going to be hot. God doesn't think Moses is going to do it. "Hey Moses, kick your shoes off, come on and walk around a burning bush!" That's like asking me to take my shoes off and stand on a hot plate. I'm not going to do it, unless God asks me to. Then I am. Just like Moses. Why? What's going to happen to Moses? His feet aren't gonna get burned. No, God is gonna reward him with some sweet ass shoes. He's like "Ohh! You risked your feet? You get some shoes!" That's the way God works. Because God loves us. Trust in God... he'll give you shoes.”

nice taqiyya, faggot.

i was going more at the whole Nietzschean slave morality sorta thing, but this works too.

They do though.. But not that he is God