>sexed
>performative
>the Real
>embodiment
>embedded
>voices
>narrative
>subversion

You could have put in the effort to use single words.
'Numb bodies in bland spaces'.

you forgot
>queered
>subaltern

any time i see these words i immediately mentally tap out, am i a reactionary?

diary, desu

>discourse
>discursive
>text
>textuality
>spaciality
>colonized
>subaltern
>radical
>(par)entheses
>hyphen-ation
>hierarchy
>hermeneutics of
>queer
>queered
>register
>___ is an attempt to
>negation
>totality
>production
>-ness
>-ality
>-ization
>desire

Animate, inanimate

lol at (par)entheses. this is one of my biggest pet peeves

also those stupid attempts at alliteration of otherwise totally different words whose juxtaposition are supposed to be illuminating. i cant even think of an example. it always strikes me as such a cheap literary criticism trick that academics love to toss into their arguments. whats this called is this making sense

>disrupt
>Black (capitalized)
>navigate
>negotiate
>lived experience
>systemic
>intersection of
>autoethnographic
>identity
>intersubjective
>normative
>selfhood
>deployment of
>erasure
>healing
>dominant
>encounter
>power structures
>affective
>dialogue with

Black Bodies by Ta-Nehisi Coates

>>autoethnographic

Decent Mountain Goats album desu

>adanewmedia.org/blog/2017/05/21/issue11-kruger/

The Technopo(e)litics of Rupi Kaur: (de)Colonial AestheTics and Spatial Narrations in the DigiFemme Age

Abstract: Rupi Kaur, a trending poetess of Instagram, has recently gained critical acclaim online for her newly published poetry collection milk and honey which is a stunning depiction of trauma, survival, love, womanhood, and friendship. Identifying as a first-generation Canadian, Punjabi-Sikh, woman of color, Kaur works visually in her book and on Instagram to portray and subvert how space functions to produce the gendered, diasporic subject as a body that is “unhomed.” Through the complex interplay of illustrated imagery and verse, Kaur contests the violent spatial (and bordering) practices of nationalism by positioning her poems’ personae in new and different ways to occupy, produce, and claim space off and online—performances of celebration, reclamation, resistance, and ultimately, acts of (de)colonial self-love. Kaur’s art and cyberspatial narration adds an important dimension to considering the colonial project of space. Occupying space on Instagram, Kaur supplants the place where women have traditionally been relegated. It is exactly the embodied telling of Kaur’s artwork that she attributes to the importance of its public nature: the Instagram becomes the home—rehomed by her art—whereas the nation becomes the network. Through Kaur’s narratives shared online, Kaur connects to a cyberspatial sisterhood and demonstrates that healing through narrative is necessarily collective.

literal braindamage from reading this

jesus christ

>the absolute state of my university

>Fat studies

Human communication as a whole loses literally nothing if we make these words dissapear, they communicate nothing that exists out there, its just smoke.

ffs

This is repulsive.

This thread is a slap in the balls.

Any humanities grad students ITT care to state their opinion on the absolute trash that is peddled in those fields?

the humanities are mostly daycare centers for oversized children, nothing to do with academia really

When i entered psychology i xouldnt believe the retarded sbit they would spew, i coulsnt believe i was getting indebt for such nonsensical drivel. No rigurosity, just feels, feels and women talking bullshit.

its such a cop out but professors/publishers eat that shit up. i'd rather read a high schooler's essay than waste my time digesting buzzwords

im posting here because i am guilty of using a ton of these tactics. i had a shit education in high school and didnt know how to write, then i got transported into humanities academia and basically learned that this was the right way (which, practically speaking, it is in order to get you recognition). while i dont think one should (or even could) reduce a lot of academic writing to like basic syllogisms that make a literary criticism paper sound like a legal document, the bullshit that flies as pointed out ITT is fucking pathetic and unworthy of even a grain of attention. again i think it is a product of pseud imitation/rote learning without any thought put it into it. and of course your daily dose of identity pandering

it's strange because I genuinely enjoy reading Foucault, Deleuze and others, and I do understand why an opaque language is often appropriate in theory/criticism, but there are so many hack academics (particularly at Anglo universities) who abuse the tropes of the style and say absolutely nothing worthwhile

>Just want cozy office job
>Like programming, math
>Go to school for CS
>Any gen ed that isnt strictly a literature class eventually returns to wiritngs like ITT
please make it stop. I'm running out of literature classes to take

>The contemporary poet Rupi Kaur has recently gained critical acclaim for her newly published poetry collection milk and honey. Kaur portrays and attempts to subvert the diasporic subject. Through the interplay of illustration and verse, Kaur contests the practices of nationalism by positioning her poems’ personae in new and different ways to occupy, produce, and claim space off and online. Through Instagram, Kaur supplants the place where women have traditionally been relegated. The Instagram becomes the home, whereas the nation becomes the network. Through digital media, Kaur demonstrates that healing through narrative is necessarily collective.

tried to salvage what i could

realized how many "through"s there are, wtf

>>Any gen ed that isnt strictly a literature class eventually returns to wiritngs like ITT
what's gen ed?

what is claiming space?

me too, there are a ton of great thinkers/theorists that are written off for their opacity by the very same people who write in the style ITT. i think its a product of anglo universities teaching broad overviews and hamfisting cheap narratives into any field of knowledge. deleuze studied history of philosophy in college, and at most schools that's totally written off because they're all "old white men"

academics need to let the text or object of study speak for itself, and not be afraid to dive deep into something that might not conform to whatever grand delusion the institution propagates. why im into early CCRU stuff despite its overwhelming depth and difficulty

you're right, didnt catch that. you could ask that same question to almost every "argument" made in that abstract and probably never have it answered by the author beyond another reference to the same class of buzzwords

the other night I was speaking with a humanities student about philosophy -- turns out, that despite being invested in 'radical theory', she has never read and refuses to engage with Kant, Hegel, Heidegger because "they're racist as fuck"

also relevant to this discussion --- this book immensely helped me break these shitty habits

dude that shit sucked so bad, totally irrelevant in the 21st century, it's like some shit my mom would have been into when she was in grad school

lol she will never make it past medium/twitter

Something that encourages STEMfags to get in just a tiny bit of human interaction before they graduate
Gen eds are just entry-level humanities courses students are required to take. Alot of Engineer types hate them. But I think they do some good.

Hegel and Heidegger are nonsense though. No different from the greentext in this thread

i got a lot out of it, despite its age. keep in mind the people reading your dissertation are probably older than your mom anyway. nonetheless, got any recs?

ideayayinevi.com/okumalar/faulconer/deconstruction.php
>I learned a lot from my teachers. ... This instruction was very hard and heavy, very demanding according to classical norms. I was trained in those very classical norms. And probably people who read me and think I am playing with or transgressing norms--which I do, of course--usually don’t know what I know: that all of this has not only been made possible by but is constantly in contact with very classical, rigorous, demanding discipline in writing. ... the fact that I am at some level true to this classical teaching is essential. ... When I take liberties, it’s always by measuring the distance from the standards I know or that I’ve rigorously been trained in.
>Deconstruction questions the thesis, theme, the positionality of everything. ... We have to study the models and the history of the models and then try not to subvert them for the sake of destroying them but to change the models and invent new ways of writing--not as a formal challenge, but for ethical, political reasons.
>I wouldn’t approve of simply throwing texts into disorder. First, deconstructing academic professional discourse doesn’t mean destroying the norms or pushing these norms to utter chaos. I’m not in favor of disorder.
>I started with the tradition. If you’re not trained in the tradition, then deconstruction means nothing. It’s simply nothing.

>because "they're racist as fuck"
kek

sounds good to me, too bad many of the humanities have been memefied

also wanted to say, for those of you currently working on a degree, have you experienced the complete shit show when in a seminar and a reference to trump is made? its like everyone leaves their brain to eyeroll and repeat whatever truism they saw on twitter moments and the discussion comes to a full stop so they can congratulate each other on their insightful take. i have a hunch it is the same people doing "de(colon)ial fat studies"

damn well said, but i have actual personal reasons for avoiding Derrida like the plague

haven't read him desu, sounds too playfully french to be interesting to me but i've read good second hand things about the guy

It's the queers AKA the alternative lifestyle community they are invariably the most dogmatic righteous and ideological lemmings around. They pretty much fit all the checklist items for a cult.

>art as cultural resistance

nigger, dead nigger storage

wheres the mutt thread?

do you unironically enjoy this album?
i find there are like 3 good songs on it

It's not that great of an album but it has a couple of really good songs, definitely front loaded but very enjoyable

>tfw slowly becoming virulently homophobic

Btw Read the book SIEGE by James Mason

virgin, cyber

is this a joke

fecal, toilet

Hide, empty

let the, hit the floor

luminescent, hallowed

>The proof has been left as an exercise for the reader.

unironically fuck this earth

>anal y autism

Wrong
>out there
Fuck off, Platonist.

Psychology is STEM you fucking autist.

t. didn't read neechee
muh anal autism just talk about trains not trans pls

>space and place

LMAO no it isn't. Social Science is not included in STEM.

>ree phenomenology triggers me im stuck in kantian nonsense

Yes it is, sperglord. Find a whip.
ITS NOT LE SCIENCE BECAUSE ITS NOT LE WHITE REEEE IM SICK OF SEEING PAKIS IN MUH CS VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR WHITES REEEEEEEEEE

are you trying to defend horrid writing like the kaur paper linked above? i've read neechee and all the big french names, and respect certainl Anglo scholars reliant on the translated prose style (Rosalind Krauss comes to mind), but so much of what is peddled in the humanities under that style is trash

and everything in your precious STEM is trash, you illiterate autist.

t. buttblasted complit major who thinks parenthesizing prefixes of nouns is a radical (dis)placing of neoliberal order

Project harder, maggot. I'm a motherfucker coming for you.

>this passes for academic research, but being a fascist is a no-no
Time to burn it all down.

>Read SIEGE
Siege isn't redpill literature, it's full-blown natsoc.

Like "see-through stone" or "solid space"? I do a lot of alliteration that's mostly unintentional like say "chameleon cloak" or something, but I feel like that makes sense.

>also those stupid attempts at alliteration of otherwise totally different words whose juxtaposition are supposed to be illuminating. i cant even think of an example.
"Social Science"

>read SIEGE
>converts to Islam and shoots up school
how about not being a fucking worthless piece of shit, you fucking idiots make normal ironic nazis look terrible

I hate how immigration is just a journey of suffering from one shithole to a different (racist) shithole.

I'm convinced that all of humanities academia is just creative writing now. Nobody is interested in truth or scholarship, they're interested in imaginary jargon, fantasy, and worldbuilding.

you have something here. like write a novel but try and get it published in a scientific journal

Columbia has always been Semitic. it's not a very recent phenomenon. Why do you think Pynchon sent his kid there?

young, safe

>tfw no amphetamine addiction studies
>tfw no heroin activism
>tfw no PhD in compulsive masturbation

White, BLACKED

lul

I remember the first time I saw this, I was convinced it had to be a joke. Oh, the naivety.