I wish to read stories of the days of high adventure!

I wish to read stories of the days of high adventure!

Recommend some of the better Conan books as I seek to learn the riddle of steel.

read all of it chronologically big guy
they are all vital tales to make you grow hair on your chest

Gor.

>read all of it chronologically
Just ordered the first book :^)

>Gor
Interesting but not Conan. Such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe.

Strangers in the House is pretty good.

I always liked Tower of the Elephant the best, because it really doesn't go where you're expecting, and the change in direction is utterly satisfying.

Be sure to read Solomon Kane by Howard.

Watching the movie right now actually. Not terrible.

>"Sword and sorcery novels and stories are tales of power for the powerless. The fellow who is afraid of being rousted by those young punks who hang around his bus stop can go home at night and imagine himself wielding a sword, his potbelly miraculously gone, his slack muscles magically transmuted into those "iron thews" which have been sung and storied in the pulps for the last fifty years."

Everything by Howard of course. And apparently Conan and the Emerald Lotus is a decent enough non-Howard Conan story.

And this as well. Whereas Conan is a rogue who mostly looks out for himself; Solomon Kane is a genuine hero in that he has dedicated his life to eradicating evil. But there's also the great catch of Kane being a fanatical Puritan who would most likely be like Conan himself (or worse) if it weren't for his fanatical devotion to his religion.

Consume less soy, user.

Yeah, testosterone high octane filled adventure isn't for everyone.

you're a flannel wearing soy bitch

Letters don't produce testosterone.

hi

I have heard good things about the Bran Mak Morn stuff

>“The cynicism that regards hero worship as comical is always shadowed by a sense of physical inferiority”

>physical inferiority towards a fictional fantasy character

hero worship is for kids, adults should look up to god and nature only, otherwise there are only role models to emulate

The Odyssey
>start with the greeks

Start with Robert E Howards original stories and then go to the novels by other authors. I don't know why I've always found it interesting how all the stories of conan after Howard were more about leading up to Conans kingship rather than conans kingship. also Conan the champion by Roberts is pretty good.

You don't sound like a man who has fun

Love the aesthetic. Shot and Pike and fighting demons and cultists.

You sound like someone who's yet to grow up, since you don't seem to understand that people can enjoy themselves without enjoying the same things you do.