When did you realize Nietzsche was just as much of a cuck as the Stoics and Buddhists?

"Amor fati"? Disgusting. The world must be punished for going against my will.

>I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who makes things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

I will not say Yes. NON SERVIAM.

Don't post based Ahab again, you bumbling retard

A cuck is someone who refuses to go against nature. You are the cuck.

This in fact shows the sophistication of neechee.

What are you talking about? Bietzsche embraces nature.

Notice the resemblance to John Greene. This is no coincidence

>A cuck is someone who refuses to go against nature

That makes zero sense. What if your natural place is to be a cuck

you're mom gay

>All moral greatness is but disease.

>he thinks he has free will

How is this different from Stoic philosophy? Why did Nietzsche have such a hate boner for the Stoics when he is largely suggesting the exact same thing? What the fuck.

Yormomis fati

What is going on in that picture? I've seen it once or twice before, but never got a rundown.

I love this meme

It's a serious question, how is this not the Stoic equivalent of accepting what you cannot change/affect?

>What is it, what nameless, inscrutable, unearthly thing is it; what cozening, hidden lord and master, and cruel, remorseless emperor commands me; that against all natural lovings and longings, I so keep pushing, and crowding, and jamming myself on all the time; recklessly making me ready to do what in my own proper, natural heart, I durst not so much as dare? Is Ahab, Ahab? Is it I, God, or who, that lifts this arm? But if the great sun move not of himself; but is as an errand-boy in heaven; nor one single star can revolve, but by some invisible power; how then can this one small heart beat; this one small brain think thoughts; unless God does that beating, does that thinking, does that living, and not I. By heaven, man, we are turned round and round in this world, like yonder windlass, and Fate is the handspike.

Jack London did it better.

Really? Got an excerpt? I'd be interested.

>I love this meme

"Mortal" nigga danm.

Ahab was Nietzschean as fuck. OP just sucks at interpreting Uncle Frederick.

Well then, sorry, cuck.

Nietzsche: love your fate bro!
Ahab: willing to destroy himself and everyone else just to rebel against his fate to the very end

Explain

Are you that user that's reading both Nietzsche and Melville at the same time?

Also, duckduckgo sucks as a search engine, bud.

Ahab is more absurdist than Nietzschian

Revenge may have just been the motivating force, kindled by Ahab to continue on his path and fate, which is the way of the Under-goer.
Self-denial to the point of kamikaze for the sake of a Nietzschean cause (the destruction of a danger to the human species, in the form of the whale) is quite OK.

No. Read both though. Zarathustra has been my bible for >20 years.

Typical brainlet Nietzsche fan

>the destruction of a danger to the human species

That's not why he did it you fucking retard, the whale was no threat to anyone left on its own.
He did it because the bastard took his leg

>Zarathustra has been my bible for >20 years

Legitimately embarrassed for your life

Don't be.

WATCH OUT JESUS THERE'S A SNAKE

I see Ahab as a symbol for the species as a whole. The whale is the universe.

That ain't Jesus, and the snake is just fine with him.

This picture is the probably the best thing I've seen on Veeky Forums.

DELET THIS

When you just chill with ur snek and somebody calls you the flying sky-jew.

You have to understand that what Nietzsche hated the most was idealistic, arbitrary values that people make so they can cope with their lives. Look up what he understood by ressentiment (or better yet read the entire Genealogy of Morals).
So "Amor fati" for him meant that it's not ok to create a system of values and then impose it upon then world, but one should take reality as it invariably is and live according to nature without trying to distort it.
I don't know much about the Stoics, but I think he hated them because they did the exact opposite thing: they made this set of rules that told everyone how life is meant to be lived.
To put it this way: if you were to run around and wail about your life and sorrows (maybe even make some art out of it) Nietzsche would approve and even encourage you, saying that this is simply how life is, whereas the Stoics would frown and tell you to somehow stop caring and only think about those things that you can control.

That quote from W. Lewis about the grocers in Europe. I've started to understand the half measures that people use to become contented yes-men. Show me a passage where Nietzche deals with not being able to live up to his Uber ratings and I'll rave along with him.

Well you're an idiot. The whale is just a fucking whale, the sublimity of nature sure but still a fucking whale and Ahab is God damn Ahab

Ahab wouldn't have had it any other way.
>he thinks success is a requisite for happiness

Happiness is for faggots. Don't use that term in relation to Ahab