Whats the point

What is the point of studying literature/english language? Not trying to be smartass I just don't see how any of it is valuable when it comes down to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/feature/jpl/small-asteroid-or-comet-visits-from-beyond-the-solar-system
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>when it comes down to it.
When it comes down to it it picks it up in its beak and flies away

To ensure the future you have to look into the past

It's called humanities for a reason, studying the historical precedant and representation of human behaviour and action should be useful to another human for obvious reasons.
Also consider how language shapes and mediates your own reality- the conceptual underpinning

The same reason people study anything, because they have an interest.

I don't have to work, so I just did it for the pleasure of it.

Literature is the condensation of human nature and experience into written form. Literature will provide you with a greater appreciation of what it means to be a human bean, and maybe help you avoid many potential pitfalls of man kind. There is nothing new under the sun, user.

nasa.gov/feature/jpl/small-asteroid-or-comet-visits-from-beyond-the-solar-system

How else are you going to know what books are sexist?

Point?

did you see the gif? something new goes under the sun

>I don't have to work,
tell me your secrets o ascended one

...wtf do u even mean?

kek'd

What do you consider valuable?

Cause it's fun

We can work with that. Suppose fun is the point. How is studying english literature / english language fun?

Well, this is a simple analogy to investment. Your efforts actually manifest in all manners of spoken or "meaningful" context. I have made jokes on picking up clues in the words people chose. It really is shit straight out of those lame detective fictions I read. They weren't spectacular, but it got laughs and DV+ bby. Attention to detail is always an advantage and pays dividends.

my family is rich. like, fuck you rich.

Honestly to study/interpret it, recognize significant works, etc. Like most arts/humanities in their purest form, I think it's learned so that it can be taught

I love how I can envision this. Ha-- fuck you rich

Thanks to the Founding Fathers using their leisure time to read, they ended up finding a liking in the Roman Republic's system of government and copied off that.

What is the point of art user