And this, kids, is why you should be articulate if you want to critique or review a book or a work of art...

And this, kids, is why you should be articulate if you want to critique or review a book or a work of art. Pewd is very clearly not up to the task of talking about books and his lack of vocabulary really shows: "it was very interesting", "he goes deep into philosophical thinking", "he makes very simple claims", "he makes arguments in a philosophical way", "he goes on a little too long". This whole review is so devoid of substance that you could photoshop Jordan's book out of the picture and it would still work. Does anybody have his review of Beyond Good & Evil?

youtube.com/watch?v=y0JmGp92cYo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TPe8EuWNqHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As opposed to the college educated pseuds who say just as little but more longwinded.

keep in mind his audience are 12 year olds who think youtube prank channels are real, logal paul is savage and that ufo videos are mindblowing and how is this shit not on the news woooow wake up sheeple

user have you heard his reviews on whiskey? Of course he’s not a critic he’s an entertainer

Does this guy realize he looks exactly like the people he tries to mock

first reply best reply

Pewdiepie is like a twink version of Varg

Local Image Board User Is Angry About This Childrens' Entertainer's Lack Of Propriety And Here's Why It Matters

fpbp

Anyways, I am glad he recommended Brave New World to people. Hopefully some more will read it.

so, everybody has got to start somewhere.

I'm actually not even angry and I have nothing against Pewds. I was just curious about this new endeavor of his and I hope he gets better, making clearer points and at least trying to prove them with examples taken directly from the book.

yknow at least he reads albeit it is YA fiction like jordan peterson and beyond good and evil

>YA fiction like jordan peterson

found the cuck

>making clearer points
>"it was very interesting", "he goes deep into philosophical thinking", "he makes very simple claims", "he makes arguments in a philosophical way", "he goes on a little too long"

>hey Veeky Forums let's discuss this guy who's famous for filming himself playing video games on (you)tube and what he thinks about literature
You're never going to be anything remotely approaching smart.

Have you seen his girlfriend she looks like a turbo leftie sjw tumblr girl

she does but she isn't

What the fuck happened to Veeky Forums? Back then anyone who even mentioned this clown was endlessly mocked, but now we have fucking literature threads about this waste of oxygen aimed at the underage. Unbelievable

Looking like that automatically makes you one though. It is known.

Because he's based and redpilled, he's one of us

He's redpilled now

>video review
>youtube e-celeb entertainer

come on man.

I can see how you’d think that if your only exposure to women with dyed hair was through the internet

The absolute state of Veeky Forums

>redpilled

found the beta manlet

>I was just curious about this new endeavor of his

The whole point was that you should stop being curious, it is surprising to exactly nobody that Pewdiepie isn't a serious literary critic. Pewdiepie is not Veeky Forumserature. Since I've been forced to watch a few of his newer videos due to my young nephew's idiocy, I have noticed that >Pewds has taken a more serious tack lately (he even lampshades his old meme antics and is clearly a small bit self-aware) and that's fine, but there's no reason to be perplexed about how he's still not an academic. Maybe if he continues his trajectory on to more mature endeavors, he'll become well read in a decade and realize that he was still being a bit retarded in 2018.

Instead of raging about how other kids like Justin Bieber and you don't, you should go outside or at least not post about Pewdiepie on Veeky Forums AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

if he's inspiring 12 year old fuckbois to read something other than harry potter he's doing his job better than most.
like said, he knows his audience.

She doesn’t look that good desu
He is pewdiepie
He could have any girl on the planet but he is with a soft 7/10 with no curves, strong jaw and ugly eyebrows

This board is slowly turning into /r/badphilosophy.

GamerGate brought an avalanche of retarded teenagers from the world of social media here. This isn't exactly a new development.

What so bad about that? Brainlets deserve to be mocked, specially right wingers who think they are intellectual.

I don't think I belong here anymore, user.

>strong jaws are bad

>I was just curious about this new endeavor

It is obvious that pewdiepie browses Veeky Forums. So i believe he is lurking trhough the many bords it has. Notice that in some old videos he was getting in to fitness, he was probably discovering /fit. Now he is in to literature with some very /lit core stuff. I believe he just started browsing /lit. Hes experience has been very similar to mine in this website.

>He is pewdiepie
>He could have any girl on the planet
Imagine believing that a retard whose job is to play video games for pre-teens and teenagers could get any girl on the planet.

The greedy bastard is using our knowledge and isn't giving us any of his money. Fuck him.

HOW DARE OTHER PEOPLE ENJOY BOOKS AND USE SIMPLE VOCABULARY INSTEAD OF MY ESOTERIC DELEUZE INSPIRED DECONSTRUCTION OF THE WORD AND SIGN

also English isn't his first language faggot

>I believe he just started browsing /lit
kek
This is actually very likely.

>Anyways, I am glad he recommended Brave New World to people. Hopefully some more will read it.

Jesus Christ.

No, this board is turning into r/books, the day when some retard will unironically start a thread with "hey guys, today ive finished this underrated gem called 1984 and holy fucking shit," that day is very near, if not already here if you look at the post I quoted.

not him but the rule generally holds in my experience (going to school in Montreal) that while every hair dyed girl may not be an SJW they are definitely an annoying cunt who won't shut up about that one Lynch film they saw or the latest p4kcore release. My gf once suggested dying her hair people and I told her I would dump her so she didn't lmao.

worst thing to happen to this website since the /sp/ shitfest

I'm sorry to have to inform you that you're stupid in your first language, too.

pewdiepie... easy on the redpills

>getting this personally invested in defending some e-celeb

why?

At least he actually read a book. Something half of this board can't boast about.

this

I can see how it angers you. But think about it. If a youtuber who makes videos for 12 year olds star recomending good starting literature, maybe we are going to have less 16 year old uncultured idiots in the future. I am not saying he's an authority i am just saying that he can be an entering door.

English isn't my first language though. How many languages do you speak?
I don't care personally just get sick of all the try hard pseuds here

He's entirely selfaware

He's inspiring young adults to ostentatiously carry around books as identity props.

I hope he makes more. It's the right level of bad and unannoying to give me tingles. yeah sometimes i watch bad videos (especially pseudoscience) for tingles

I don't think his audience is 12 years old though. That might have been true a few years ago, when he actually played some games.

I would say not being a native speaker probably has something to with it but nah. He seems really anxious and insecure, especially in expressing his feelings and views, it's probably that.

He's more articulate in this.
youtube.com/watch?v=TPe8EuWNqHA

i bet it'd piss everyone here off to know that i watched that vid and started reading again so now i'm back shopping for books. it was a wholesome video

I can't tell if you're being ironic or not

Fair enough but right now he's at his top game. I genuinely enjoy it seeing him talk about things he likes and being somewhat of a funnyman along the way.

In that case, he has to be a fucking sociopath.

>He is pewdiepie
>He could have any girl on the planet
this is your brain on /r9k/

you dont deserve your girlfriend i hope she cucks you

Zimmerman-case was honestly worse

way to go jackass

I cheated on her and then we broke up actually lmao. I bet you're a real nice guy though, don't worry bucko the ladies will appreciate your niceness one of these days.

>Pewd
Back in the day you would get made fun of and endlessly roasted even on the normiest sites for even associating with this massive faggot. Now there's people on Veeky Forums calling him "pewd." God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

I thought it was pretty funny

>moot is dead. moot remains dead. and we have killed him.
ftfy

I-I miss moot

the way the faggot /v/edditors treated him on the way out always left a bad taste in my mouth.

His stuff is not aimed at the underage.
Haven't been for a couple years. He's just shitposting for the 18-24 crowd now a days.

I was taken by surprise clicking his videos because they made me laugh. When was the last time a YLYL thread on /b/ made you laugh

Is that some important Youtube blogger? Should I start watching?

i dont date women but nice try. enjoy your empty degenerate life.

> tfw started browsing Veeky Forums because of a fucking banana picture
Checked

>English isn't my first language though. How many languages do you speak?
Two, and English isn't my first. In fact, I'm Swedish myself, like that faggot fucktard Pewdiepie.

>riffing on these two
Extremely poor taste.

That said, I don't see the problem with him recommending books.

Underrated post

Which one

He's a multimillionaire and one of the most famous people alive.

The problem is that he's a pleb.

How is that a problem? It's young kids watching him, and they like him for his character. His character is not conducive of deeper Veeky Forums recommendations and his fans would not be inspired by deeper Veeky Forums recommendations. You are basically saying "why is this elementary school teacher educating students at the elementary grade?"

Blame! had some great waifus.

he's entirely self-aware of his lack of critical abilities and intimacy with literature and makes that clear from the get-go.

I don't see a problem with bad book reviews if they're genuine and come from a place of humbleness. It's just some guy trying to articulate his thoughts on the latest book he has read: he's not pretending to have any serious insights into the material

>how is being a pleb a problem?
lel the state of Veeky Forums in the year 2018

>all women are gold diggers
There are many on this board, or site for that matter, who will tell you that if you're an idiot you can't become smarter. I'm not one of them, so I encourage you to think harder and more often, that you may one day be smarter than you are.

>we should remove and discourage the elementary grade from society and start children off at the college level.
Alright then.

If he was actually self aware he'd read books more suitable for his level instead of reviewing whatever meme books on philosophy he saw on the front page of Veeky Forums.

Pewdiepie gets paid to play video games. He is not a grade school teacher. He does not read good books, he does not read them well, and he doesn't inspire children to read good books.

But Logan Paul is savage.

>Pewds
Really makes me think.

>based and redpilled
>one of us
>Veeky Forums

>women don't care about status
wew lad

He gets paid because he gets views. He gets views because people like his character. You're getting hung up on the most trivial shit ever. He's not there to push your agenda or anyone's, he's there to be himself and people like who he is.

Yes, Pewdiepie and his book "reviews" are the most trivial shit ever.

Why is his English so bad then?

I don't disagree. You're the faggot getting bent over it, though, which means you don't really think it's trivial.

at least he is using his platform to direct kids towards books, as opposed toward nihilistic whoredom like most youtubers

His English isn't necessarily bad, fast and sloppy stuttering is part of his shtick. He might also have mild ADD or something.

Did your mother tell you that's how it works?

you have to go back because you can't understand bait
you have to go back because you can't understand the most common meme on /b/