Author writes the entire novel in second person

>author writes the entire novel in second person

What is the second person mean? Sorry for my english being bad

>author writes entire novel and finishes it the absolute madman/madwoman

Another sorry-for-being-english-bad answer here. Second person it's when author used You as a main character of the whole novel. For example in the book by Edouard Leve called Suicide -

You are not among those who ended up sick and old, with withered ghostly bodies, resembling death before they’ve stopped living. Their demise is the fulfillment of their decrepitude. A ruin that dies: is this not deliverance, is it not the death of death? As for you, you departed in vitality. Young, lively, healthy. Your death was the death of life. Yet I like to think that you embodied the opposite: the life of death. I don’t try to explain to myself in what form you might have survived your suicide, but your disappearance is so unacceptable that the following
lunacy was born along with it: a belief in your eternity.

And more then 100 pages like this.

It feels so annoying sometimes, very uncomfortable

Yeah it doesn't flow very well does it?

Don't you think so? I like that excerpt.

Not many novels do that.

I think it can work with small passages or short stories. For example Carlos Fuente's Aura is written in the second person, but it helps the setting of solace and confusion Although it is a 40 page story, so it does not feel stagnant. I also remember that part in Gravity's Rainbow's first chapter that describes someone watching country girls getting to London in a Train station, again it is short so it doesn't feel "draged on".

1st person - I walked down the street.
2nd person - You walked down the street.
3rd person - They/he/she/it/xir walked down the street.

That's all past-tense though. Present tense would of course be "I'm walking"/"You're walking"/"'Pronoun' are/is walking". That Shia Labeouf song is 2nd person present tense.

too many yous

>xir
I just smashed my phone screen because I read that.

>If in a Veeky Forums's thread, an user...

Name three (3) novels that do this

Why? It's a common pronoun now.
Maybe you should go back to /pol/.

I want recs, I find stories written in second person very moving. Or something like that.

Bright Lights Big City by Jay McInerney
Ablutions by Patrick DeWitt

Werther for the correspondance

If On A Winter's Night A Traveller

Veeky Forums is all post-modern neo-marxists so get used to it.

tired=neo-marxists
wired=smith-marxists

No it isn’t.

I was being comical.

I wonder if there's a difference between cultural Marxism and neo-Marxism. Well, 'neo' implies a sort of 'new' type, and cultural Marxism is 'new' compared to the classical economy-based Marxism, so perhaps they're the same?

>>>/reddit/

The one i just started does it (Human Acts)

Veeky Forums is a radical hegelian board
>cultural Marxism
back to /pol/

>Radical hegelian
Veeky Forums is an esoteric Taoist board desu.

I'd recently been in an indoctrination effort of cultural Marxism, I will speak of it as much as I damn well please.

Torbe?

>cultural Marxism and neo-Marxism.
It's the same thing. We don't even need all these words, it's all just Leftism

Veeky Forums is a Peruvian Hammer Tutorial Forum

fpbp

It is indeed leftism but we need to understand what it IS. There's a lot of things on the left side of the spectrum but cultural Marxism/neo-Marxism, we need to know that VERY well, ideally we need to understand it better than the very leftists who tout its hatred either knowingly or unknowingly. Don't generalize it; be specific, and KNOW what you're talking about so that if anyone calls you out on using the term then you can explain EXACTLY what it means to have maximum impact. Sadly however, some are so ignorant in what it means, they'll just shrug and think you're speaking nonsense, perhaps even racist/hateful nonsense even though you're speaking out against the deaths of millions which is what Marxism has accomplished more than anything else.

perfect book for Veeky Forums brainlets because it's full of (you)s