Fredrick Neichze

How do I understand him? where to start ( Do not say start with the greeks meme)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MlojPJr4-Vo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's not a meme

What aspects of Nietzsche's philosophies are you having trouble understanding?

God is dead and the ubermensch

Also this. Nietzsche mentions Greek philosophers quite a lot in his writing.

I started with The Genealogy of Morals, having read very little philosophy beforehand and just about managed to get the gist of it by re-reading certain sections and looking up online resources. The Minotaur of Milwaukee did a great video analysing Genealogy of Morals if you are interested in delving into it.-
youtube.com/watch?v=MlojPJr4-Vo

Ubermensh is the pinnacle of human perfection, regardless of race
Still reading up on Nietzsche so can’t answer god is kill yet

I didn't even read Nietzsche, try this:
Read something about Greek mythology.
Read the socratic dialogues
Read the old and new testament.
Read Hegel or something? I don't know.
Read Nietzsche.

You gotta start with the Greeks if you haven't already. Sorry.

I recognize Marx and Foucault, who are the nerds on the right?

Those aren't difficult concepts. You just need to read more Nietzsche.

>Neichze
American education, everyone.

Nietzsche I am sorry

Hobbes and Locke, you absolute fucken pleb

I thought it was Locke. Sorry I don't have the faces of capitalists memorized

>Sorry I don't have the faces of capitalists memorized
Don't pretend you know a single thing about political theory if you don't know who those guys are. Jfc this place sometimes...

I know them and why they're important, I just don't know their faces. Calm down

>No one here suggesting to start with Twilight of the idols
Shaking my head senpaitachi. It's the easiest of all to digest and the more political of his works, where he, dare I say it, deconstructs philosophy and parts of the culture around him. Unfortunately you have to know about the Greeks to understand the bulk of Nietzsche's work. The first phil book I picked up was Plato's Republic, once I read the perspective that Nietzsche gave in twilight of the idols, I never saw the republic in the same light. Socrates, or better Plato created the work to find a solution to the injustice they faced when the Spartans conquered Athens after the Peloponnesian war. The republic is probably something Nietzsche would call one of the first articulations of slave morality attempting to revolt agains't a master morality. He makes the point even further that the Socratic method and philosophy became so prevalent that it became one of the reasons why Christianity was formed. Kant's work is also integral to anything Nietzsche talks about when discussing enlightenment. Lets see who else. perhaps a little bit of Epicurus and er, I think it was Pythocles? Well, tbf you should be looking up the references as you read Nietzsche. His main books -- genealogy of morales and beyond good and evil -- are dense as fuck despite being 200 pages. It's more along the lines of a 1000 paged book if you read and understand the ideas referenced. Which I suggest you do.

You start with Birth of Tragedy and read the rest in order of release.
Nietzsche developed his views constantly and criticizes his earlier stuff, you can't really jump into him easily. Definitely don't expect his arguments from one book to be held or fairly summarised in another.
Honestly, if you want a good primer I'd recommend getting the compilation "The Essential Nietzsche" edited by Heinrich Mann, which pulls important chapters from all the books. Probably the best way besides reading them chronologically.

You really should start at the dad-gummed Greeks though. Also read you some Emerson boy. Neachuh loved Emerson.

Unironically all you need as preparation is Stirner.

>not recognizing Locke or Hobbes
>But knew who foucault was

Nietzsche intended his Beyond Good and Evil as an introduction to his philosophy. Read that and then the Genealogy, and then maybe Zarathustra, and then whatever.

Second for Twilight of the Idols. Though I think reading Plato is overstated and a meme. I studied theology/philosophy (no particular emphasis of Plato) in college and went to seminary for a year and have no trouble understanding the concept of Slave morality. Just have critical thinking skills and start with Geneology of Morals if you have to. If you are a Christian and understand Theology on any level forget Plato.

He was a philologist you fucking retard, everything he ever wrote is connected with ancient literature, how the fuck can you understand him if you don't understand the Greeks?

>wants to read Nietzsche
>doesn't want to start with the greeks

Another illiterate edgy teen who wants to read Nietzsche. Just kys.

>God is dead
>The übermensch
Literally his most basic concepts. You have no chance. Did Pewdiepie make you wanna read the Neetch? Just give up or start with the Greeks. It's not just a meme when it comes to philosophy