What is the best book ever?

What is the best book ever?

don quixote putos

I read the first chapter and dropped it because I wanted to start Ulysses instead. Should I pick it back up or wait?

Middlemarch.

Objectively.

You're probably too much of a brainlet for it

Not even Augustines best book

Yeah probably

What?

les miserables
viva la france

12 rules for Life: An Antidote To Chaos.

holy shit

St. Ignatius Loyola's autobiography

Woman are smart.

It's his best book for a non-theologian, and one of the best in the western canon

>tfw found that exact copy pristine at a thrift store the other day for 50 cents

Was sweet

Crime and Punishment

>don quixote
>putos
american education

its a joke you disgusting bong

The book written by God, of course

What is his best book for a theologian though?

Brother, the Bible, while written from the inspiration of God, was for the most part not written directly by God.

>bong
american education everybody

City of God deserves its place as his most famous and best work. But On Christian Doctrine, On the Trinity, On Free Choice and the Will, Ennerationes in Psalmos, and his Literal Commentary on Genesis are all well-worth reading for anyone interested in theology. Confessions is worth reading for anyone interested in not being a compete pleb

>And in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life, who proceedeth from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, who spake by the prophets.

Think you meant to post

Summa Theologica

>and from the Son

But yes, all of the Bible was written by authors under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, but only parts were directly written by God. When a prophet says "Thus spake the LORD..." then it's the direct words of God, otherwise it's the (still inerrant) words of Paul, or Moses, or whoever which the Spirit inspired in them and through them

Hitler's War

Whats a good edition of this? The ones on Amazon all have complaints about shitty formatting or incomplete text.

what's wrong with the filioque user?

Nothing's wrong with it, you omitted it

lol i didn't read it my b, just got it from wikipedia. does this mean protestants don't accept the filioque either?

I would have thought they would, being western christians, but you never know with protestants

I'm convinced nobody who actually reads Aquinas recommends the Summa Theologica. You first read On Being and Essence, then Summa Contra Gentiles for some natural theology, then check out a selection of his works. Once you're familiar, you can read the ST if you want more. Aquinas wrote a huge amount of philosophy, and a lot of it is not even theological. After taking a class on Aquinas I'm convinced most of his best work is outside of theology, just adressing a huge variety of topics in a clear and convincing way.

Unironically Ulysses

bump

Trash

Cusslers Raise the Titanic

>its a joke
>its
Why are you like this?

It's a good story and an excellent map to the workings of the human consciousness and heart in relation to the wider universe. This is a hard one to top. Might have to go with the Divine Comedy, though, for the poetry.

read this once

got knee-deep in the pussy

Divine Comedy.

El abominacion..

>el articulo masculino con un sustantivo femenino
Ojala que mueras pronto, estadounidense

Do plays count? "Hamlet".

bump

God’s Debris

Obviously the bible - don't really see how it's a contest.

I hae a soft spot for this one, but is definitely not for everyone

>book
pseud detected, real patricians listen/watch to their stories and life lessons through play or poetry recitation

>book written by God

You mean the Quran of course.

and anime of course

Huck Finn, Divine Comedy, or Crime and Punishment probably

those are my favs at least

bump

bump

The Bible is a collection of books in different genres.

What's Shakespeare's best play?
>The Complete Plays of Shakespeare

Mein Kampf