Hi Veeky Forums, what is your pen of choice? I get a nearly erotic satisfaction from using nice pens

Hi Veeky Forums, what is your pen of choice? I get a nearly erotic satisfaction from using nice pens.

Aesthetically, it's your pic related.
The ones I like to write with the most are Uni-Ball Jetstreams .28mm

pilot g2

pencils or literally whatever is lying around and working.

1st: Bic GripRoller 'fine'
2nd: Zebra F-301 BP

Bic Ink Pens are life

For me, it's the Bic Clic.

*Whew* thought I was the only one..

Sharpie pens, pigment liners, those silky smooth bics

This is the only answer. Preferably the 05

Master race confirmed

High school tier pen taste.

Pilot G7. My handwriting is considerably better with a gel ink pen.

debate club core

Namiki Falcon. Dat subtle line variation is so nice.

Which ones are the super smooth ones that make your handwriting twice as good?

Twsbi Eco

For a smooth write I use this kind called Dr. Grip.
It has a nice plush grip and beautifully smooth action, however the ink refills are a bit spendy

kaweco makes some really great fountain pens

Is writing in pen in the 21st century the new using typewriters after the invention of personal computers

Don't know if it's available outside India...costs 0.15 USD.

probably, but I just can't force myself to write anything of length on a pc

I've been using this same pen for like ten years. If they ever discontinue it I might kill myself.

>pencil
*vomits*

pleb

Do you guys prefer black ink or blue? I'm a black myself.

This thread is reminding me of my pen spinning autism I got into for a little while when I was 12. But I'd like a nice pen now. It can make a lot of difference to your paper writing.

I was just about to post this pen. I like how they feel better than the g2. I don't get how people can be too picky about writing tools though. I've had times when I was willing to write in chalk on the sidewalk just to get my ideas down.

But it's more comfortable working on pc.
You can edit your text without fully rewriting it or making ugly blots and strikeouts.
Rewriting a text is useful of course but sometimes it gets too tedious.
I just can't understand why people still tend to handwrite. For a purely aesthetic feel?

I know it's more convenient, it's just my autistic preference to write on paper.

Yeah, but I came upon various statements like
>if you are a true writer you should write with your hand
>only mass-product books are written on PC
>if you write with a pen you are more focused on picking words
and so on. It's like writing with a pen is more intellectual or something. I used to write stories in a notebook using a pencil (for easy editing) but now I just stick to my laptop.

I use a Muji pen right now, but writing on a computer is so much more convenient desu

>writing in pen so you can't even correct anything like a dipshit

I entered here expecting an autoaspiefest. For once, I'm not ashamed of posting here.

Nah, it's just convenient. Especially for STEMfags. You'd never write a formal or complete version of something in pen/pencil though.

fucking inklet
patrician
contrarian
poseur
pleb
ascended god tier

Mechanical pencil these days

makes my handwriting look less ugly

Lamy Safari, EF nib, Noodler's Black ink.

only correct answer

Mine's Lamy Safari EF

yes

Uni-ball DX UM 151

topTIER

Pens from banks are top tier

Uniball UB155. I particularly like the blue ink version.

I agree with this

where I work, blue ink is required on official documents, to differentiate from copies. (not considering the existence of color copiers. mentality of dense corporate drone thinking)

I. too, like these

corporate purchasing director loves these things. I find them quite agreeable.

At least for note taking there's some research indicating that handwriting helps with retention more than typing.
It may not be the case for everyone, but I definitely notice a difference writing on paper vs. typing. I'm better able to focus and it seems ideas flow more easily. I always hand write assignments first drafts at least.

STAEDTLER because it's German and has -tler at the end like Hitler

Pilot Precise V5

Pilot h227

Who /pencil/ here?

Ask someone who unironically uses a quill anything.

how big is your fedora collection

why

Do you bring your quills to work or only use them at home? How do they feel to use? Why do you like using them?

Anything Jinhao with EF nib.

Why do you think that's a quill and not just a dip pen with an ornamental body?

The only factor that should come into buying a pen is how legible it makes your writing

More expensive pens don't magically make your chicken scratch legible

Yeah so just use a cheap one that the ink flows nicly out of

How much of a head start should I give you before chasing you down and hammering your head into the sidewalk a few times?

C L I C C

How many people here have properly sat down and written with a fountain pen? I recently got one and it might well be the best purchase I've ever made. I can now write for hours without any strain in my wrists because they force you to write with your arm and shoulder, and it's even improved my posture because they're so hard to angle right if you're hunched over.

10/10 would recommend.

Mel Gibson.

What is your asperger quotient?

Pilot G2 and Pilot Metropolitan. Nothing like the feeling of jet-black ink on fresh white paper.

>not using a fountain pen that your girlfriend used to pop her cherry
>not using a dip pen with period blood as ink
>not using a lance to prick your finger to use as a pen
>not using fermented semen and ground charcoal as ink
>not using the extracted ink from a $500k illuminated Book of Hours
>not using the runoff water from the Paris Catacombs as ink

I can only laugh at you, inklet.

I like roller-ball pens that have a bit of splash to their ink. I enjoy the sensation of writing with very "wet" pens. Finding the exact balance of wet ink and control is difficult so I prefer to test my pens before I buy them which limits where I can shop. In college my favorite brand was Foray, but they discontinued the old fine point pens I used to like and now I use Pilot v5s (pic related).

I am not that picky about my pens anymore since I do not write as often now that I am full time employed, but I still have a fondness for writing by hand.

Came here to post this.

I know that for me when I'm writing an essay I can type it out just fine, but if I'm writing something creative then handwriting it makes it come out better. Nietzsche thought the same when he got a typewriter. He noticed that while using it his typed work was more machine-like.

>writing in graphite pencil so your work is totally illegible in 10 years

In everyday life, I type 99% of everything I do. If I must handwrite, I use a G2.

The nicest pen I own is a Montblanc Meisterstuck 149 left to me by my granfather after he passed. Supposedly the rich motherfucker only used it to sign checks and prescriptions.

>Keeping handwritten notes for 10 years

I use a Pilot E95s with a fine nib and Pelikan black ink. I find it a very enjoyable experience, and the pen is nice and light and short when capped, making it convenient to keep on me.