What are some good books about the history and symbolism of the swastika?

What are some good books about the history and symbolism of the swastika?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1962 - Symbols of Sacred Science - Fundamental Symbols - The universal language of sacred science#page/n0/mode/2up
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Swastika is an ancient symbol viewed as holy in dozens of religions with hundreds of meanings
>Can't use it for anything because HITLER
you have no idea how pissed i am that i can't wear a shirt covered in swastikas

Plus, from a graphic design perspective, it’s fucking brilliant.

edgy mate

I'm reading Shadow Over Innsmouth, and there was a reference to native people using swastikas as talismans meant to ward off weird evil fish people that wanted to eat/rape/kill them. Pretty interesting considering it was written just a couple decades before the symbol became taboo worldwide.

You can thank the Jews for that. It’s a crying shame that a symbol which equates to auspiciousness, well being, and harmony has been distorted to mean evil and hate.

t. Retard who can't entertain one thought that might make other retards uncomfortable for a moment

I'm not a nazi, there are way less nazis in the world than you probably (almost definitely) think, and you don't need to be a part of your conversation if it makes you uncomfortable. The symbol is ancient and associated with many religions and cultures. Just because one angry sperg murdered a lot of people and had the symbol on his coat doesn't mean we aren't allowed to ever think about it in other comtexts.

I love the Tibetan one specifically. It has been carved into the top of a skull which is the part of the head that correlates to the crown Chakara. In Hinduism and Buddhism when one has attained Moksha or Nirvana it is whe one has risen the level of their consciousness to a higher realm. This means that the Swastika is a symbol for divine or God consciousness.

I think it's probably mostly Hitler's fault rather than the Jews. Sure, we're inundated with holocaust movies/books/etc, but I think it should be clear the one at fault was Hitler.

That makes sense as it is a sign of good luck and well being..

This might be of interest, I haven’t managed to find a PDF anywhere online as of yet. If anyone has any idea where to get a copy that would be great. If not I might buy it.
>In Symbols of Sacred Science, Gunon, a master of precise, even 'mathematical' metaphysical exposition, reveals himself as a consummate exegete of myth and symbolism as well, superior in many ways to Mircea Eliade, and comparable perhaps only to his respected friend Ananda K. Coomaraswamy. This extraordinary text unveils the cosmological meanings of root symbols organized under such general headings as: The Center of the World, Cyclic Manifestation, Symboic Weapons, Axial Symbolism and the Symbolsim of Passage, The Symbolism of Building, and The Symbolism of the Heart. Far more than a simple catalogue of myths and symbols from many traditions, Symbols of the Sacred Science lays the foundation for a universal esoteric symbology. In this work, GuEnon demonstrates the fundamental unity-across all cultures and ages-of the images with which the Absolute clothes itself in its cosmic self-revelation.

I don’t agree with you here, but I can see why you may be lead to believe this.

I have some idea user ;)

The average person really is astoundingly ignorant.

retard

durr

Hitler was a rothschild plant

free downloadable pdf. Also has all of his other works that have been translared

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1962 - Symbols of Sacred Science - Fundamental Symbols - The universal language of sacred science#page/n0/mode/2up

Ugh I wish I was a nicely carved stone swastika.

Brilliant, been looking for this! Thanks user!

I forget, didn't Joseph Campbell write an article about the Swastika?

He never acted against the swastika. Denazification was enacted by the USSR and the "Allies".

its also a sign of power lol, it can mean generative principle, destruction or just be a symbol of the sun

Why aren't hammers, sickles and stars seen as just as evil? Russia and China killed more people than Hitler.

... right, the reason why the Swastika is demonized is because Hitler specifically used it

>you'll never be able to wear a comfy Ukrainian/Belarussian folk costume embroidered with swastikas
why even live

Because they killed people at a much slower pace than the Nazis did, the Germans, the Japs and Chinese nationalists have the highest kill rates of any mass murdering political regimes in human history in that order. Despite the overwhelming disparity: 23 million kills for Nazis, 30-40 million Stalin and 40-60 million CCP the Germans and Japs were better at killing humans. If the Nazis had lasted another 10 years they would have killed like 40+ million people probably a lot more considering their designs for Eastern europe, Africa and the ME

what were their designs in Africa and the ME? IIRC Hitler supported nationalist movements in those countries so they would become hostile to GB and the US. Hitler didn't want to literally genocide the whole world that's a misconception. He definitely didn't give a fuck about how many slavs died though and deliberately wanted to kill Jews, Roma, Communists (don't blame him for that last one desu).

If he'd won it wouldn't be discouraged. The Volkishists used it properly.
Read Guido von List.

this picture is in reverse
the nazi flag goes counter clockwise
why don't people realise this?

you lie

The Swastika Throughout History by Daniel F. Ugel.