Itt: Veeky Forums drinking games

itt: Veeky Forums drinking games

take a drink every time you read "as though" in this book

i hate this book

ive started it 3 times and i cant get into it. why cant i enjoy it?

I sympathize.
I started it a while back. It's obvious immediately that Faulkner is a good writer because he can constantly bring out those little details that ring true; plus his command of a range of different voices is astonishing. Yet in spite of this I couldn't finish it because I simply got too annoyed at the strangeness and doom-laden perversity of it all.

That said...

I recently came upon a copy of The Sound And The Fury whilst staying with a friend and decided to give it a go and for some reason (even though it seems to suffer from the same faults) it just clicked. I think it's absolutely marvellous. Maybe I grew up in the intervening time. So now I'll go back and have another go at AILD and see what happens.

it's pretty dense, I see it on every essential chart but found myself re-reading the same page three times

Take a swig when it mentions being beholden.

My mother is a fish

Drain a shot when a character 'beams' or has gone out to 'stretch their legs'.

forgot picture

drink at every instance of 2 or more successive conjuctions

Take a shot every time you see a conjunction in blood meridian

lit btfo

I-I'm cool reading Faulkner...?

i bet she's so sweet and nice

my god imagine being married to amy. she would chide you for reading pretentious things but still love you, and you could eat her ass

>I don't know what he's talking about
>I am bright

kek, imagine believing you're intelligent but not being able to understand The Sound and the Fury as A FUCKING ADULT WHO HAS GONE TO COLLEGE. autodidactism looks better every day

>check goodreads
>this is literally the highest rated review

The internet was a mistake

Wow that savage as fuck

That pic would work if Marx was crying too. They were clearly all exposed.

wtf, I read AILD two weeks ago and it was an absolute breeze, thoroughly engaging and enjoyable

so is it worth a read?

how can you be such fucking plebs

I was reading this fucker when i was fifteen and then when I studied this in second year of uni barely anyone had managed to get through it / offered such surface level discussion

DISGUSTING

i was getting laid when i was fifteen

Take a shot every time the word “spat” is used in Blood Merdian.

>thinks reading and getting laid are mutually exclusive
>he wasn't a Faulkner-Chad
>he didn't sit in his common room tearing through The Sound and the Fury, pausing to look up at brief intervals only to remember he was surrounded by prime ass that virtually worshipped his casual intellect and cynical wit

Why are you here

this but not consensually
t. catholic

It's mostly a comedy, likely it goes over your heads because you're reading it for the wrong reasons.

If you like/trust Harold Bloom, read his bit on it in How to Read and Why.