My library doesn't have the greeks

>my library doesn't have the greeks
>bookstore does
>poor
Why live, Veeky Forums?

hey buddy you're on the internet, things don't cost money here if you are somewhat smart

>Greeks are public domain
>You are poor
>You also have internet access, and thus access to the public domain

You're welcome.

>public domain
I don't want to read on my phone or computer: I want to read it physically. Which is how my issue arised.

Shoplift them and live the true literary lifestyle

Email yourself the public domain texts. Go to a library. Pay a small fee to print out The Greeks.

DONE.

nigga it's $15 for a paperback via amazon
skip a meal or two you fat fuck

>White Privilege: The Post

Hope you can read Ancient Greek cause those translations won't do you much good.

[Something about beggars and choosers]

Invest in an ereader then download the editions you want from libgen

>What is libgen?

Lol at LARPing as a claccicist on Veeky Forums

Go away, Tao.

Just get a fucking ereader so you can pirate all your books.

If you can't afford an ereader look if your library has interlibrary loan or see if you can request books to add to their collection. Or go to the thrift store, I always see Greek classics there.

Be responsible with your income for literally a month. Congratulations, you now have enough to buy an ereader

...m8 you know that you can search the databases of all the local libraries at once right? where do you live that there is only one library near you, but also has a physical book store? are you asking for free ebooks for things that have been public domain before the printing press was invented?

Very small town... quite small library, tiniest bookstore. Only other library is a middleschool one. There is a database and it does show other libraries, but only out of town libraries, in places I'd have to boat or fly to in order to get the book.

This is sad, everyone should be able to access these works regardless of their class

My library has a system where you can reserve a book from another library and they will mail it to your library.

Someone finally said it. It shouldn't matter if you're trying to translate yourself or study Classics. No idea why people look down on Rieu here, his renditions are articulate and easy to get.

less than 20 on amazon
less than 5 on thriftbooks
get a job nigger

Do you mind notes in the books? If not, buy used. Some sell for literal pennies on Amazon. You can also brag that you're being eco-friendly.

just steal them, that's what I do. Almost every book I've acquired in the past 6 months has been stolen. Of course, I'm not going to steal from a small mom and pop bookstore, but Barnes and Noble will survive if I tuck a copy of A Thousand Plateaus into my waistband underneath my sweater. Just make sure you check for the little scanner things, and look hard. Most of the time they're not there, but if one is, you're fucked.